Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 Lazy parents! Whenever I take my eldest (4 years old) to the playground I tend to get stuck in and play have as much fun with them as possible. However a side effect of this is that other kids will often come over and try and join us. Now firstly my child is pretty shy and just wants to do his own thing with his Dad and secondly I don't want to hang out with random kids in the playground, I just want to spend time with him and no one else. My minor annoyance with this is not the kids coming over but when you look over and their parents are just completely disengaged, sitting at the sides on the benches staring at their phones and completely ignoring their kids. These kids are just desperate for attention and someone to play with but their parents can't be fucked at all to put in a bit of effort. And yeah, I know that parenting is exhausting and often boring work and yeah having to go to the playground all the time is a pain in the arse but it's such a short time in the grand scheme of things and why have kids if you don't want to get stuck in?! You see it everywhere now. Kids acting up for attention while their parents just stare at their phones and ignore them. Fucked up. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 “Parking” showing as available on Booking filters but actually often meaning “park in the street if you’re lucky enough to find a spot.” Well, that’s not the accommodation having parking, is it? Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 Getting Sun tan lotion on your glasses lenses. Absolute pain in the arse. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 23 Moderators Posted June 23 Something that has started to really get under my skin even though it's really unimportant* is people saying 'divide and conquer' to mean 'splitting up the work between us to make it easier'. Everyone understands what they mean and there's no harm done but I'm just quietly seething. * @air_raid will disagree this is unimportant Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: * @air_raid will disagree this is unimportant I’ve never really thought about that one. I’m not sure I’ve encountered it in the workplace. But I’m going to agree, it probably would bother me. I’ve got plenty in my current workplace. There’s a lot of “revert” going around. I’m dying to see what they’re going to revert into. Quote
deathrey Posted June 24 Posted June 24 (edited) I rarely go in to the office, I went in today as I am delivering some supervision for my team and there is air conditioning. First thing I did when I sat down was spill coffee all over myself. This is why I should never go out. At least it'll dry quickly.... Edited June 24 by deathrey Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 24 Moderators Posted June 24 Seeing someone else drinking a can of red bull through a straw at 0730am. Shouldn't affect me at all but still made me retch and ruined my morning. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 24 Members Posted June 24 56 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Seeing someone else drinking a can of red bull through a straw at 0730am. Shouldn't affect me at all but still made me retch and ruined my morning. When I used to get the 6.40 bus into Winchester, a woman used to get on and neck two cans of it on the journey. Impressive to be honest. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 24 Moderators Posted June 24 Oof! The smell of it in those close quarters at that time of the morning would have made me get a different bus. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 24 Paid Members Posted June 24 Without wanting to turn this into another weather thread, public transport at the moment is horrible. Outside of the heat itself, the non airconned bits of the underground smells like walking into an armpit Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 24 Members Posted June 24 6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Oof! The smell of it in those close quarters at that time of the morning would have made me get a different bus. No choice out in the sticks brother. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 26 Posted June 26 When you scroll through socials at 3am because it's too hot to sleep you realise just how difficult it is to find original content these days. Whether it's trends or dances or the same AI business poster layout used over and over again. I miss uniqueness. I miss people showing what they have to offer as a person and their own thoughts and creativity rather than just the constant rehashing of stuff. It's easier than ever to actually create stuff and have your own voice and style but it feels like we're in such a bleak place with that. I mean obviously there's always been that sense of belonging and copycat stuff for decades depending on what's "cool" so I can't blame them. It's not an Internet thing specifically but just enhanced by it. I just wish more people wanted to be unique and authentic. We all have something to offer. Yes I need more sleep. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 I'm going to miss stuff that people have personally designed that is so shit it's funny. I was walking past a funfair last weekend and thinking how long it will be until the LSD Disney characters and deranged versions of 80's movie stars on the rides are replaced with boring AI designed crap with no soul. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 26 Posted June 26 Just now, Gus Mears said: I'm going to miss stuff that people have personally designed that is so shit it's funny. I was walking past a funfair last weekend and thinking how long it will be until the LSD Disney characters and deranged versions of 80's movie stars on the rides are replaced with boring AI designed crap with no soul. Exactly that! There's nothing better than trying to work out who the fuck those weird spraypaint-esque "stars" are on the boardings of random funfair rides and then realising that Quasimodo is actually Ed Sheeran. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 26 Paid Members Posted June 26 one of the funfairs that sets up near us has the old Jiminy Cricket ride that's been around forever, though clearly decided Jiminy Cricket doesn't have the cultural significance that he used to, so they have repainted him: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.