Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 3 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: The high waterline can theoretically prevent a brown trout from reaching the velocity necessary to splash. There's a reason they don't have pebbledash. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 20 Members Posted April 20 2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: The high waterline can theoretically prevent a brown trout from reaching the velocity necessary to splash. That's a good point, but I'm still not trusting it. I see water to the brim, I'm panicking. Might as well chuck the whole bathroom out at that point and get a new one. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 An American flush is a hell of a thing. Should be experienced at least once. But as King Coco points out, us older gentlemen have to take care not to baptise your knackers. Quote
King Coconut Posted April 20 Posted April 20 (edited) 38 minutes ago, gmoney said: take care not to baptise your knackers. It's them swimming with the trout I'm more concerned about. Imagine sharing a bath with last night's kebab. Edited April 20 by King Coconut Clayton Blackmore Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 20 Members Posted April 20 Went to a school down near the new forest Saturday to take my youngest to her football game. As I'm old I need to piss every five minutes, so I go to use the toilet before we go. Its a school in use so there's some sort of toys gymnastic session on and as I go to exit the building, there is a woman stood right in front of the door with two kids, taking up the whole door. Now she's not a big woman but she's taking up the whole space and is right in the middle. I have to firstly, quite prominently as well and she can see me, walk around her and push the big PUSH HERE TO EXIT button. As the door opens from the button side I then have to walk around in front of her and squeeze past her to get out, so quite loudly say "sorry can I just get past?" and shes heard me. She makes no attempt to move at any point just carrying on her conversation with her friend who can also see me, its honestly really awkward. I'm literally brushing the door frame as I move out. So obviously as I leave I do the most British thing ever and say very loudly and sarcastically "oh thank you ever so much for moving and letting me out the door" and she looks at me and hears me so I feel good for the rest of the day. What an unaware arsehole. Quote
Tamura Posted April 20 Posted April 20 It's not a normal day if I don't have to glare at some spanner for blocking means of ingress and egress. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 EVERY docu-series I watch regardless of if it’s crime, relationship, celebrity etc, made by Netflix, Hulu or indies, seems to INSIST on telling the story in simultaneous past and present and jumping back and forth instead of just beginning to end. It’s exhausting. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 4 minutes ago, air_raid said: EVERY docu-series I watch regardless of if it’s crime, relationship, celebrity etc, made by Netflix, Hulu or indies, seems to INSIST on telling the story in simultaneous past and present and jumping back and forth instead of just beginning to end. It’s exhausting. It's become an incredibly overused technique in films too. So many films covering up for not being very good by being non-linear. I hate it. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: It's become an incredibly overused technique in films too. So many films covering up for not being very good by being non-linear. I hate it. I hate the thing where a TV show opens up on some kind of unexplained fight or conflict then it cuts to "SIX HOURS EARLIER" or something like that. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 1 minute ago, LaGoosh said: I hate the thing where a TV show opens up on some kind of unexplained fight or conflict then it cuts to "SIX HOURS EARLIER" or something like that. The absolute worst is when it features some Ryan Reynolds-esque voiceover; 'If you're wondering who that unlucky schmuck is that just got shot in the ass... yeah, that's me!' Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 Anything Ryan Reynolds-esque is immediately an annoyance. Cannot stand him. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 I get news stories, usually from the BBC on my phone which will have a title like "Cinema Closes Down" or "Post Office Set on Fire" and then you click on it, and it's in Barnstaple or Garforth. Very far from where I live. The headlines are obviously generic so it tricks people into thinking "shit, Giro Dave's burnt down the Post Office again!", there's no other reason to do it. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 15 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: It's become an incredibly overused technique in films too. So many films covering up for not being very good by being non-linear. I hate it. Film AND television. Dopesick would have been perfectly serviceable if it just told the story instead of constantly jumping back and forth between Holmes humble beginnings and refusing to answer questions at her deposition. Why it’s become style du jour is beyond me. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 11 minutes ago, gmoney said: I get news stories, usually from the BBC on my phone which will have a title like "Cinema Closes Down" or "Post Office Set on Fire" and then you click on it, and it's in Barnstaple or Garforth. Very far from where I live. The headlines are obviously generic so it tricks people into thinking "shit, Giro Dave's burnt down the Post Office again!", there's no other reason to do it. I seem to be signed up to some algorithm on Google that constantly updates me on businesses that are dying, almost always from the Express or Mail. It's annoying and I can't get rid of it. Also, the clickbait is always like "Major UK Furniture Business enters Administration" and it's a company who make feet for sofas or something. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 22 Paid Members Posted April 22 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: I seem to be signed up to some algorithm on Google that constantly updates me on businesses that are dying, almost always from the Express or Mail. It's annoying and I can't get rid of it. Also, the clickbait is always like "Major UK Furniture Business enters Administration" and it's a company who make feet for sofas or something. I literally just got this: Not even sure why I'm getting it. Haven't been to a Maccy D's in years. The rival in question is some company called Burger Chef?! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.