Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 24 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: At least display them.. what are they doing in the box still? 18 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Another minor annoyance of mine, this. I understand keeping collectables like this in the box increases the value down the line, but it takes the whole joy out of the hobby for me. If i were to collect any action figures/etc then I'd absolutely want to display them fully on show in different poses, not just in the box. I think the boxes are the best bit about them. Once they're out of the boxes, they really are bits of plastic tat. 28 minutes ago, gmoney said: I do find them to be pretty artless and sad in general. I think it depends on the genre. There are some things, wrestling for instance, where I think distilling the character into the Funko format is quite a cute little thing. There are other things like Friends, ironically given where this started, where there's nothing that striking about any of the characters so Monica with no real facial features could be anything really if the box didn't tell you. I can see why people like them for Comic book and Disney characters. If I was a kid, I'd probably be right into them. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 (edited) Guy just turned up at my ma’s house claiming to be deaf and mute, very forcefully trying to get 20 quid for his pencil drawings. Could overhear from the next room that he would only take cash and wouldn’t come back later. She asked if he could draw a picture of my dog (she adores my dog) and the guy said no. She tried to explain she didn’t have 20 quid in cash to give him and was working from home etc. and he was trying to convince her to go and withdraw cash. Let it go for the first minute or so, but when her politely trying to get rid of him didn’t work and I realised he had actually stepped inside the house, I took the dog with me and went to join them. I looked through his sketchbook of printed AI images and immediately confirmed my suspicions. He was a burly 6”2 bloke and I am a 5”9 nerd, so I was shitting myself about what would happen if he decided to escalate. Thankfully having the dog with me seemed to really put him off and he left when I asked him to. What a piece of shit honestly. I’m glad I was staying here today as he would definitely have taken advantage of my ma’s good nature. Edited March 12 by JLM Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12 Members Posted March 12 Dogs are brilliant in that situation. There was a situation not long ago where two absolute meatheads were sitting on their car playing music very loudly and being obnoxious. They'd already been asked by two neighbours to keep quiet and told to piss off. I took one of the German shepherd's to ask if they could knock it off as the kids were trying to sleep (they weren't) and they pissed off. The dogs are huge, but incredibly friendly and would lick anyone to death rather than maul them, but they're not to know that are they? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 Think that might count as a bit more than a minor annoyance. What a cunt. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 (edited) @SuperBacon Haha exactly, even funnier that mine is a Greyhound. She would happily leap over my corpse to bolt from any perceived threat. She is large enough to do the trick if people don’t know their breeds though. Edited March 12 by JLM Quote
deathrey Posted March 12 Posted March 12 40 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: I think the boxes are the best bit about them. Once they're out of the boxes, they really are bits of plastic tat. They also don't fucking stand up because of the stupidly large head and tiny body. My husband has a couple on our work desk (not visible to anyone on a Teams chat @SuperBacon as they are under the camera) but the bastards fall over all the time. I hate having to dust the desk as it's like a Funkopop massacre. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted March 12 Posted March 12 15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Dogs are brilliant in that situation. There was a situation not long ago where two absolute meatheads were sitting on their car playing music very loudly and being obnoxious. They'd already been asked by two neighbours to keep quiet and told to piss off. I took one of the German shepherd's to ask if they could knock it off as the kids were trying to sleep (they weren't) and they pissed off. The dogs are huge, but incredibly friendly and would lick anyone to death rather than maul them, but they're not to know that are they? We've had sweetheart German shepherds and boxers before that always had the same reaction from yobs. The ironic thing is the Lakeland terrier we have now is tiny and unassuming in comparison but would be way more inclined to fuck someone up if required than any of the big dogs we've had would. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 40 minutes ago, deathrey said: They also don't fucking stand up because of the stupidly large head and tiny body. My husband has a couple on our work desk (not visible to anyone on a Teams chat @SuperBacon as they are under the camera) but the bastards fall over all the time. I hate having to dust the desk as it's like a Funkopop massacre. Some steam being let out in the deathrey household. She's had a notification on for "Funko" waiting to call them bastards. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12 Members Posted March 12 27 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said: We've had sweetheart German shepherds and boxers before that always had the same reaction from yobs. The ironic thing is the Lakeland terrier we have now is tiny and unassuming in comparison but would be way more inclined to fuck someone up if required than any of the big dogs we've had would. I'm inclined to agree, my cat bullies the German shepherds, but I really wouldn't like to put the theory to the test. One of them in particular I reckon could pull a human apart if required 😆 Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 15 Paid Members Posted March 15 On 3/12/2026 at 4:18 PM, deathrey said: They also don't fucking stand up because of the stupidly large head and tiny body. I feel attacked. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 I've genuinely never heard anyone eat as loud as my manager is this morning. I even went next door and could still hear the cunt smacking his bastard lips. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 I used to work with a guy who sounded like a horse when he was eating, it was absolutely ridiculous. He sat down with an apple one day, the loudest of the fruits, and another colleague saw it and exclaimed "oh you have to be kidding me" and got up and walked out. The guy was oblivious. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 16 Moderators Posted March 16 @Scott Malbranque would love that... Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 Also on work-related things, on our daily morning Teams meeting there's one guy who is on mute every morning without realising it when it's his turn and starts talking. He's the head of I.T. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.