Paid Members air_raid Posted February 22 Paid Members Posted February 22 On 2/6/2026 at 9:03 PM, air_raid said: Today’s top point scorer in “the hundreds of things that seem to exist only to defeat me” The “easy cut system” on the cling film box. “Perfect cut every time” my arse. I accept that I’m not a fully developed human and thousands of things give me problems that shouldn’t. I used to think “at least I can open champagne which some people have problems with” but in a similar vein a bottle of Martini Asti gave me such a battle on Saturday night my thumbpit now looks like a slice of corned beef. Quote
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted February 24 Paid Members Posted February 24 Hi. Long time, no see. Just a question about Paypoint. What exactly do i do with it? Its money from a relative. What do i do here? Big struggle. Can I pay for things with it? Thanks. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 24 Paid Members Posted February 24 Have you got a voucher or something Baz? If so, I would imagine you can cash it at a shop that has a Paypoint service/terminal, but I'm not 100%. Quote
davertfnewman Posted March 1 Posted March 1 Seeing a supermarket delivery driver looking miserable on his rounds today (fair play) reminded me of the time I should've said something to someone and didn't. At my old workplace I would pretty much be second in after the site supervisor. Our site was on an incline and had steps up from the front parking spaces but you could also drive up a little ramp and around to a flat space in front of the doors. The Asda delivery guy had about four crates and had parked at the bottom of the steps and was trying to get his dolly up them. I'd already said hello in passing and was going to tell the site supervisor that a delivery was coming in when I heard this massive bang - he'd not gotten the right angle and the crates had fallen off with their contents spilling out. So I turned back around to go and assist. "Looks like you could do with a bit of help there!" "No shit, Sherlock!" I was so taken aback that I was tempted to say something but instead I just picked the few bits up that I'd first gathered and put them in one of the crates before slinking off going "I was only going to help you!". Left him to it, annoyed but also maybe feeling a bit guilty about it. What I should've said was "Well do it your fucking self, arsehole!". When the admin person who I thought was responsible for deliveries turned in I went to her and asked "Do you book the deliveries? Tell them they've got a complete twat working for them!". Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 2 Paid Members Posted March 2 Yanks saying 'Bic Mac with a Large fry', or 'chicken sandwich with a Medium fry'. Makes it sound like they're getting one singular chip. It's fries plural you idiots! Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 2 Posted March 2 I find it funny that the people who hang Union flags off lampposts and St. George's Crosses out of their upstairs windows in the name of patriotism also always moan about the Americanisation of British culture. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 Walked past one of those "Lest We Forget" union jack flags hanging on someones window today and I never know how I'm supposed to react to them. No, I don't think I'll forget about WW2 at any point but so what? Yes, British people died in WW2 - what the fuck am I supposed to do about it now? Quote
King Coconut Posted March 3 Posted March 3 1 hour ago, Ralphy said: My first thought was, im going to come back to this spot tommorow, turns out my hunch was correct, new windows needed Did you put them through? Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted March 4 Awards Moderator Posted March 4 Ordering a round and the barkeep immediately presses the till buttons, then grabs the card machine as if it’s the only possible payment method. Not on my watch, buddy. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 4 Moderators Posted March 4 When people in front of me pay for things with cash. What a faff I have to sit through. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 5 Paid Members Posted March 5 Transferred my daughter £25 so she could pay for something online. Then she gave me £25 in some paper and silver things. What the fuck am I going to do with them? Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted March 7 Paid Members Posted March 7 Tea Towels that seemingly repel water. Even after multiple washes. Admittedly, they were cheap, but for fucks sake. Doomed to be in the washing/2nd drawer cycle for years to come. Quote
Moderators neil Posted March 7 Moderators Posted March 7 On 3/4/2026 at 5:26 PM, Chest Rockwell said: When people in front of me pay for things with cash. What a faff I have to sit through. Especially when it's something like "That'll be 5.79 please" and they go "Oh I think I've got that" and then slowly count out the exact amount just to find out they don't have it. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted March 7 Posted March 7 3 hours ago, neil said: Especially when it's something like "That'll be 5.79 please" and they go "Oh I think I've got that" and then slowly count out the exact amount just to find out they don't have it. This reminds me of a Christmas Eve when I was sent out to get mayonnaise because someone was moaning we didn't have any. Iceland was the only place open in walking distance, because everyone was over the limit. There is one lane open and the woman in front of me has a mountain of food in her trolley she is loading on to the conveyor. She turns round looks at me holding one bottle of mayonnaise giving a hopeful smile and a please let me skip infront look. And she just bloody grunts at me and turns her back. After taking an age to pack all her crap. When it is time to pay she gets out a stack off what must be a years worth of Iceland vouchers and money off shit. Like a huge stack, which the woman on the counter has to scan in, one at a time. It took about 20 fucking minutes. At least the old bag paid the remainder of the bill by card. By that point I was expecting her to break out a years worth of coppers. Quote
deathrey Posted March 7 Posted March 7 You showed great restraint, I would have thrown the bottle of mayo at her. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.