organizedkaos Posted February 2 Posted February 2 11 minutes ago, BigJag said: Restaurant staff who keep asking me how my meal is. They always catch me as I'm in the middle of a mouthful. 👍 Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 2 Posted February 2 People who quote things and just add a thumbs up. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 2 Paid Members Posted February 2 5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: People who quote things and just add a thumbs up. 👍 Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 2 Members Posted February 2 8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: People who quote things and just add a thumbs up. Quote
deathrey Posted February 2 Posted February 2 3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I was supposed to be having new stair carpet and flooring for the landing and bathroom fitted today. The delivery turned up at 9am and the carpet fitter turned up just as they were leaving. The delivery comes from a central warehouse and the carpet fitter is a sub-contractor supplied by the local shop. You will note the word "Supposed" at the start of my post. The warehouse has sent no underlay. Double the amount of stair carpet, double the flooring for the landing and bathroom and no gripper rods or anything to fit the carpet with. So now the carpet fitter obviously can't fit anything, not even the upstairs flooring as the stuff to fit that wasn't sent either. So now I have to wait until the 25th of February to get the right stuff delivered and the carpet fitters to be free to do it. A great way to start the week. I'd be swiftly on the phone for some kind of refund/discount. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 2 Paid Members Posted February 2 3 hours ago, deathrey said: I'd be swiftly on the phone for some kind of refund/discount. I didn't need to be. They rang me and were very apologetic and gave me £130 back and let me keep one of the extra vinyls they sent by mistake. I can't fault them on that to be honest. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted February 2 Awards Moderator Posted February 2 Berks wearing travel pillows whilst walking around the airport about two hours before they board. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 2 Moderators Posted February 2 There is not a single courier service that actually turns up consistently when you book a pick up for a package. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 4 Moderators Posted February 4 On 2/2/2026 at 10:58 PM, Chest Rockwell said: There is not a single courier service that actually turns up consistently when you book a pick up for a package. It is with great humility that I return to say that I fucked up the booking. So we'll see tomorrow if they turn up. For today's minor annoyance - binmen who seen to take great sport in throwing around food waste caddies when emptying them. The handle gets damaged and then it becomes easier for the foxes to get in to them, which ultimately leads to me picking up manky mouldy food waste off the lawn and road. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 People calling normal photos "selfies". Are they stupid? Or has it ended up morphing into "a photo with yourself in it" and that's an acceptable definition now? Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 5 Moderators Posted February 5 The running total on deliveroo receipts for how many times you've ordered from the same place. I didn't need to know I've ordered Wing Stop 38 times and tbh it kinda ruined my dinner. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 5 Moderators Posted February 5 On 2/4/2026 at 9:31 AM, Chest Rockwell said: It is with great humility that I return to say that I fucked up the booking. So we'll see tomorrow if they turn up. He turned up, knocked the door and tried to quickly run away before I could answer it but I did call after him and give him the parcel. I did also get an email saying it had not been possible to collect the parcel because no-one answered. So let's see if it gets where it is going.... Join me for the next thrilling update! Quote
organizedkaos Posted February 5 Posted February 5 On 2/2/2026 at 2:16 PM, DavidB6937 said: People who quote things and just add a thumbs up. It was advice not agreement Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 5 Members Posted February 5 2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: The running total on deliveroo receipts for how many times you've ordered from the same place. I didn't need to know I've ordered Wing Stop 38 times and tbh it kinda ruined my dinner. On this note I realised recently you can look at how much you've spent at certain merchants on my banking app, and the amount I've spent in my local Spar in 2025 was absolutely shocking. I'm keeping them in business! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.