Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 12 Moderators Posted March 12 8 minutes ago, air_raid said: I don’t get why Ross comes with Marcel. Out of 10 series of it, is it really “with Marcel” that’s everyone’s mental image of him? Well, you'd definitely know it was Ross even if no-one told you. So.. yes? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 Marcel is pretty bloody memorable. Smiling now, thinking about him. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12 Members Posted March 12 27 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Funko Pop-esque shite Funko pops are the worst aren't they? Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 My hair is utter dogshit at the moment and I haven't found any time to get it cut. I look like a greying Terry Wogan, I'm amazed my girlfriend hasn't left me. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Funko pops are the worst aren't they? They're absolutely genius. A near infinite pool of figures to make. I thought it'd be a craze that passed but they're still pretty popular. They're no Hasbros but they've made a good few quid off them. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: They're absolutely genius. A near infinite pool of figures to make. I thought it'd be a craze that passed but they're still pretty popular. They're no Hasbros but they've made a good few quid off them. Well, sort of. https://kotaku.com/funko-pop-starnger-things-bitty-bankrupt-2000642395 Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 People who complain about how shit their hair is. You lucky bastards, I haven't had to buy shampoo since Tony Blair was committing war crimes. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 5 minutes ago, gmoney said: Well, sort of. https://kotaku.com/funko-pop-starnger-things-bitty-bankrupt-2000642395 Ah, maybe the bubbles burst then, finally. They had revenues over a billion for several years. Not sure I'lll be helping, I only own one. Kevin McAllister, obviously. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 I had a few. They were gifts or people gave me them if they’d received in error. I had Kylo Ren, the Green Ranger, and two Bret Harts. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 20 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: They're absolutely genius. A near infinite pool of figures to make. I thought it'd be a craze that passed but they're still pretty popular. They're no Hasbros but they've made a good few quid off them. Slight tangent but they've absolutely ruined conventions for me. Yes, I'm a complete geek, but they used to have so many different stalls and individual creators etc. Now they're just table after table after table funkos. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Ah, maybe the bubbles burst then, finally. They had revenues over a billion for several years. Not sure I'lll be helping, I only own one. Kevin McAllister, obviously. I've got three, all gifts. I treasure them because they're gifts. I do find them to be pretty artless and sad in general. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 12 Moderators Posted March 12 At least display them.. what are they doing in the box still? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: At least display them.. what are they doing in the box still? Another minor annoyance of mine, this. I understand keeping collectables like this in the box increases the value down the line, but it takes the whole joy out of the hobby for me. If i were to collect any action figures/etc then I'd absolutely want to display them fully on show in different poses, not just in the box. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12 Members Posted March 12 I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but this funko chat has triggered me. I often have meetings with an external stakeholder partner who conducts his meetings in front of a massive wall of funko pops. No corporate Teams background, or blur on the background so he wants you to see them. Annoyance one. He also takes casual dress to the next level. Fairly informal meetings so it's all good, but he's turned up to meetings in a string vest, and a San Diego Padres shirt. Annoyance two. He vapes so he's obviously a nonce, but he turns his camera off during meetings and he's clearly vaping. I only know this as once I had a meeting just me and him, and he didn't even bother to turn the camera off, just sat there doing it. I'd never dream of sparking up a fag in a meeting, even with people I'm really close and even if I smoked indoors. Fucking tramp. He did this recently with another of his colleagues on a call and she was fuming every time he turned his camera off. It was so blatant and obvious. Annoyance three to the power of infinity. So there you have it. Funkos are the worst. Vape nonces are the worst. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.