Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: @Scott Malbranque would love that... “A day’s worth of arse”. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 19 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Also on work-related things, on our daily morning Teams meeting there's one guy who is on mute every morning without realising it when it's his turn and starts talking. He's the head of I.T. "You're on mute" "You're on mute" "Dunno if you're talking but you're on mute" "Bloody hell, I was talking away to myself there. Ha ha." Just add Teams as a minor major annoyance. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 16 Members Posted March 16 "Will the slides be shared after the meeting?" You fucking brown noser dweeb. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 16 Moderators Posted March 16 I appreciate someone asking that, as it lets me know whether I need to bother paying attention or not. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: "Will the slides be shared after the meeting?" You fucking brown noser dweeb. Quote
TheHighlightReel Posted March 16 Posted March 16 Ok couldn’t decide the correct thread to pick and it’s become more than a minor annoyance but the ads for YouTube have started exiting full screen. Can anybody please advise what I need to download to stop the increasing inconvenience that has become watching 20 minute Taskmaster highlights when I’ve had a drink? Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted March 17 Paid Members Posted March 17 I noticed this a while back but it's been really getting on my tits lately. The vast majority of people I work with use the word "fine" in a way that comes across so passive aggressively. They aren't actually being passive aggressive, but the way they use the word is proper grating. An example conversation might go like this: Person - "How long is left on that job you're doing?" Me - "About 10 minutes" Person - "Fine." Me - "Yeah I'll let you know when it's done" Person - "Fine." Not "OK fine thank you" or "OK that's fine" or similar, just "Fine." The worst part is that I work with my wife and she does it too. I've asked her who started this annoying trend but she doesn't know, and it's so ingrained in her work vocabulary that she didn't even really notice she was doing it. She doesn't do it at home or in her personal life. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 17 Members Posted March 17 It's funny, as if someone replied "fine" I'd see that as passive aggressive (and I've done it myself) but changing it to "OK, that's fine" would make me feel so much better. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 17 Paid Members Posted March 17 I've taken to ignoring any passive aggression I detect at work entirely, and just assume there's none intended. I just assume good intent whatever. It's genuinely made interactions much better. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 17 Members Posted March 17 6 minutes ago, gmoney said: I've taken to ignoring any passive aggression I detect at work entirely, and just assume there's none intended. I just assume good intent whatever. It's genuinely made interactions much better. Absolutely. To be honest, I only interact with my team, and wider team, know them all fairly well, and get on with them all, so I know their intentions are true. Quote
Tamura Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Silica gel. Does anyone actually use this for anything? It always seems to come in shoeboxes, and now I've found a sachet in my new suitcase. What's it for? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 23 Paid Members Posted March 23 20 minutes ago, Tamura said: Silica gel. Does anyone actually use this for anything? It always seems to come in shoeboxes, and now I've found a sachet in my new suitcase. What's it for? Absorbing moisture to prevent mould. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 23 Moderators Posted March 23 Fun fact about silica gel. It's not actually harmful to ingest. Everyone assumes it would be as it's always plastered with a warning not to eat it.. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 23 Members Posted March 23 27 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Fun fact about silica gel. It's not actually harmful to ingest. Everyone assumes it would be as it's always plastered with a warning not to eat it.. I think I'll still give it a miss thanks. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.