Members SuperBacon Posted February 6 Members Posted February 6 Just now, Devon Malcolm said: Well I don't particularly like him, or even seek him out, but I don't have the same hatred for him that some people do. Also he has one of the most expensive season tickets at Spurs, so I feel a bit sorry for him obviously. Quote
deathrey Posted February 6 Posted February 6 He just has a very smackable face, bless him, it's not his fault he has that face Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 8 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Is this an item of clothing you willingly bought? If so, you're making your own annoyances! I have a wife, who also buys jackets. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 7 Members Posted February 7 3 hours ago, air_raid said: I have a wife, who also buys jackets. Like I said, a minor annoyance of your own making Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 Curling. What a load of shit. Clags up and otherwise great event in the Winter Olympics and does so constantly. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 (edited) My friend James moved to Canada about six years ago and has attained naturalised citizenship. He is also the captain of his local curling team. He asked our UK friend group to name the team. My favourite runners up were “Slide and the family stone” and “Stone Cold Sweeps Often”. I was able to win with the simple and elegant “James Curls Stones.” Also I find curling relaxing and therapeutic to watch and have, during previous Winter Olympics, found it to be oddly engrossing. It is very very dull but my brain enjoys it for some reason. Edited February 8 by JLM Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 (edited) 1 hour ago, Gus Mears said: Curling. What a load of shit. Clags up and otherwise great event in the Winter Olympics and does so constantly. I love winter bowls, and considering the age of the average poster on here you'd have thought that middle-aged sports would be down everyone's strasse. Edited February 7 by Lion_of_the_Midlands Eve Muirhead Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 8 Paid Members Posted February 8 On 2/6/2026 at 9:03 PM, air_raid said: Today’s top point scorer in “the hundreds of things that seem to exist only to defeat me” I have a good hoover. However, the blurb and instructions make a big deal about how long the hose for extensions is, and how great this makes it for stairs etc. Even a couple of years into owning it, the recoil on the hose is so powerful that you can’t even use half of this impressive length without the body of the vacuum cleaner toppling over, making it pointless. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 9 Paid Members Posted February 9 Tonight I was reminded of another of my recurring issues and that is taking my plate to the dinner table without putting any food on it. Why are mine all fucking kitchen related. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 11 Paid Members Posted February 11 When there's a group of people walking on the pavement side by side taking up the entire footpath and they refuse to move over/go single-file when I'm walking past in the oppoite direction, meaning I either a) have to barge into them making me look like an aggressive arsehole or b) move into the busy road and risk getting run over. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 11 Posted February 11 On a similar note - people getting annoyed when they walk into me - mostly in London when they're looking at their phones and just assuming the entire world revolves around them. Annoying in the streets because obviously I don't have a deathwish, but more prominent through busy stations. I don't understand how they think they don't need to pay attention to where they're walking. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 11 Paid Members Posted February 11 (edited) 41 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: When there's a group of people walking on the pavement side by side taking up the entire footpath and they refuse to move over/go single-file when I'm walking past in the oppoite direction, meaning I either a) have to barge into them making me look like an aggressive arsehole or b) move into the busy road and risk getting run over. My trick for that is walk with my head lowered, like I'm only watching the pavement. Most people spot this and swerve to avoid the bloke who's not looking where he's going. EDIT: I only do this when it looks from a distance like they're not going to move out of the way. Edited February 11 by Carbomb Henning Berg Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 17 Paid Members Posted February 17 Our PO numbers are up to around 46650. One of our suppliers invoice numbers have just hit around 46860. I keep entering the wrong one. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 17 Moderators Posted February 17 (edited) On 2/11/2026 at 11:21 AM, Lorne Malvo said: When there's a group of people walking on the pavement side by side taking up the entire footpath and they refuse to move over/go single-file when I'm walking past in the oppoite direction, meaning I either a) have to barge into them making me look like an aggressive arsehole or b) move into the busy road and risk getting run over. A specific variation of this with people going in the same direction that I have is after the school drop off when I'm rushing to get back for a meeting and other parents are dawdling and having a natter taking up the whole pavement and seemingly unaware of all of the people around them. Very frustrating and has the added layer of these being people I have to see all the time so I can't really be an arse about it. Edited February 17 by Chest Rockwell Quote
King Coconut Posted February 17 Posted February 17 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: people I have to see all the time so I can't really be an arse about it. The older I get the more difficult I find it to hide my contempt. Sometimes it slips out a tiny bit and Queen Coco dies a thousand deaths. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.