Members SuperBacon Posted March 8 Members Posted March 8 3 hours ago, deathrey said: You showed great restraint, I would have thrown the bottle of mayo at her. Hell man*, so would I! *I'm sorry, I'm delirious with illness. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 8 Posted March 8 12 hours ago, neil said: Especially when it's something like "That'll be 5.79 please" and they go "Oh I think I've got that" and then slowly count out the exact amount just to find out they don't have it. And on a similar note...ones who wait until last second to be prepared to pay whether it be cash or card or phone. You've been queuing up and that, you've got a rough idea of what the cost is so make sure you're ready. Quote
TAFKA Jonny Vegas Posted March 8 Posted March 8 (edited) There's a relatively new guy at work and I've been asked to show him the ropes so to speak. He seems like a nice enough guy, we just don't have a single common interest and nearly everything he does or says irritates me. Any time I tell him any form of information he says "cool beans". Without the facility of voice notes here, it's harder to portray exactly how he does it as well but in a whiney voice he drags it out as "cooool beeeeaaaannnsss". He's 30 years old. I know I'm the one who's unreasonable however I cannot stand it. Edited March 8 by TAFKA Jonny Vegas Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 8 Members Posted March 8 1 hour ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said: whiney voice he drags it out as "cooool beeeeaaaannnsss". Have you hired Hot Rod? Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted March 9 Paid Members Posted March 9 Got a workman in to replace a couple of dozen (large) kitchen tiles. We just got the great news that the entire kitchen floor is blown due to the previous trades not doing the work right. This is going to cost me a fortune... Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Pulling up to a red light and just as you come to a complete stop....they change! Putting the washing on and walking back through the house and finding a few items that stealthily broke for freedom and wont be washed until the next load and fucking up pairs of socks and other matching items. Bastards Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 That fucking McDonalds ad for the Friends tie-in. Shit voiceover actors, crap soundbyte choice, an inflection on “pivot” that tells me they’ve never seen the episode in question. Awful. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 43 minutes ago, air_raid said: That fucking McDonalds ad for the Friends tie-in. Shit voiceover actors, crap soundbyte choice, an inflection on “pivot” that tells me they’ve never seen the episode in question. Awful. I'd go as far as to say everything about the McDonalds/Friends tie in. TV advert. Stupid shit around the restaurants talking about "Monica coded" or whatever else. It's all horrendous and not something I should have to experience in 2026. THE SHOW FINISHED 22 YEARS AGO! Their marketing department is obviously being run by Vince McMahon these days. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12 Members Posted March 12 Nah, that's rubbish in my opinion. It really doesn't matter when Friends finished, it's a show that will always be popular, and has only got more popular in the last 5 or 6 years. It can't be a dated tie in, as the show isn't inherently dated. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: It can't be a dated tie in, as the show isn't inherently dated. Well, unless you count some of the stuff about Joey trying to get girls drunk to sleep with them. Bit predatory. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 12 Members Posted March 12 3 minutes ago, air_raid said: Well, unless you count some of the stuff about Joey trying to get girls drunk to sleep with them. Bit predatory. I'm talking about the show itself not being dated, not the content of it. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 We went to see the Friends Parody Musical last week. It was really good. Plenty of thought put into the set and the little touches, played the hits, cast grew on you, Ross was still a dickhead. Fun stuff. Haven't seen any ads for the Maccies tie-in but I dragged to Maccies first night it was out by my 11yo. She had to get the figure. The Friends bags and cups were fun. Having to spend a tenner on a meal deal to get a little Phoebe wasn't. Should have been in happy meals, you tight bastards. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 I hate the design of the figures. Funko Pop-esque shite where everyone looks the same, so the only thing to differentiate them are the accessories/outfits. Crap. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 I don’t get why Ross comes with Marcel. Out of 10 series of it, is it really “with Marcel” that’s everyone’s mental image of him? Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 12 Paid Members Posted March 12 3 minutes ago, air_raid said: I don’t get why Ross comes with Marcel. Out of 10 series of it, is it really “with Marcel” that’s everyone’s mental image of him? You don't think the guy who had a fucking pet monkey is well known for having had a pet monkey? I think the tight leather pants are probably what most people would think of but can't imagine that would work in a Funko style figure. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.