Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

As an aside, the funny thing is most people know Hammer as this sort of ridiculous fun figure, but he was a proper gangster. No one wanted to mess with him.

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Why would he?

FUCK SAKE! Now I’ve got myself in a Hammer/Cant Touch This, Superfreak, Vanilla Ice, Under Pressure mix up. Had an absolute Billy Gunn today!

Posted (edited)

Vaping in general.

At least people who smoke had to push through the generally horrendous smell, taste and expense for their hit of nicotine.

Now every cunt in the world seems to be performing fellatio on a watermelon sour ice blast flavoured USB pen drive.

Edited by TAFKA Jonny Vegas
  • Paid Members
Posted

Just went to a joint work drinks for someone leaving the department and someone's birthday.

Arrive. No one there. Walk around the block. Arrive again. One other person there now. We receive word the the person who's leaving the department forgot about this do and isn't coming. It's then revealed the person who's birthday it is too sick to come, they didn't say anything earlier in case people dropped out. Leave.

Best drinks ever. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Nothing would thrill me more than works drinks being binned off so I could go home.

Posted

On the subject of work drinks we got a new manager at work around about this time last year.

She took it upon herself to direct everyone else where the Christmas night out was going to be - and picked the worst option possible - a "hotel party night".

Her reasoning was that *she* wanted to go somewhere she could "get dressed up and make an effort" which in the nicest way possible seems like something which would be her husband's responsibility to fulfill, not all of ours?

For those of you who may not be familiar, its basically £70 a ticket (before you've had a drink) for tomato soup, a miserable looking chicken breast, two dry potato's, generally four or five peas and a carrot or two, lightly splashed with the most watery gravy you've ever seen in your life.

Most people don't eat their food due to either being utterly smashed because they've over done it on the pre drinks before the 7pm start and they're forcrd into buying hotel priced drinks with a limited selection at the one hugely over crowded bar of the function suite or just the food being utterly shite in general.

There's always a shite DJ and 50% of the attendees minimum are full to the brim with cocaine.

A rebel alternative night was swiftly arranged for a local pub with a pub quiz instead with half the people who had been pressured into already laying down their £70 sacking that off entirely and joining onto that one instead. 

"Hotel Party Night's" are more than a minor annoyance for me. They are fucking awful.

Posted

The last train home from London.

Always reminds me why I don't go out very often because it's a whole event in itself.

The guy who locked himself away in the toilet for 40 mins to be sick.

The other lads who were shouting "he's dead!" while trying to get staff to open the door.

The staff who didnt seem that fussed, but who eventually opened the door for the guy to say "oh that's how I get out" and then realised he missed his stop.

The guy who got told off for vaping so he decided to smoke a cigarette instead.

Two girls absolutely off their faces after a Garage night, still carrying wine glasses, debating financial security and why apps have to approve transactions.

Smokey vape man buying two more beers from the buffet car, spilling one of them and then attempting to throw up in the bin. That poor wall/door. THEN calling his wife/partner on loudspeaker promising he "wont be too tired" when he gets there. I wonder if he ever did.

The fact they dare to keep selling alcohol to these people is beyond me.

A 10 drunk debate on what "21 seconds" meant and deciding it was the amount of time to take a piss.

A short conversation about pegging that I have no desire to relive.

Finance girls then turning on the drunk lads telling them they were too noisy despite the fact we'd had to listen to shitty TikTok videos and them practicing dances in their seats.

A few of the drunk lads getting off the train, waving at the girls, only to then realise they got off at the wrong stop and banging on the door as the train left.

I befriended a nice sober man who was wearing a wooly hat only to find out he was an alien conspiracy guy. I hope he finds them.

My taxi driver got lost and over charged me but by that point I did not care.

 

Posted

A train journey very different to when I would pop down to London for occasional work and feel like Mr. Emerson from A Room with a View, making the effort to say hello to someone if I ended up next to them and being returned with nothing but silence. My North Londoner friend clued me in that people didn't talk to one another on the trains down there.

Some of these ill-fated work do events reminds me of the time I was on a work placement for a few months and a member of the department I was in suggested a meal out after work as we had an early finish one upcoming day. I said yes to it as I was one of the first ones asked, as did two or three more, but then the rest of the department (almost half) turned it down as they had better things to do.

Come the day, I was ready to go out but one person was off, another person was washing their hair, another one just acted like they knew nothing about it, leaving it down to myself and the organiser, who said they just wouldn't go and would go home instead, leading me to have to go home for tea I hadn't planned on having. Could've said something but was in that funny position, almost as a guest, of not being able to say something.

Posted

Just been in a shop where I was third in the queue behind a guy with a bottle of milk and a pair of ladies getting maybe ten items. No faffing about or problems at all but the guy in front of me was such a chancer that he just walked out of the shop without paying for it. Would've cost him thirty seconds and a quid to wait and pay for it but I guess he's fine with something on the record. I told the lady on the checkout that he'd done a runner and she looked crestfallen given it would have to be reported.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, davertfnewman said:

Just been in a shop where I was third in the queue behind a guy with a bottle of milk and a pair of ladies getting maybe ten items. No faffing about or problems at all but the guy in front of me was such a chancer that he just walked out of the shop without paying for it. Would've cost him thirty seconds and a quid to wait and pay for it but I guess he's fine with something on the record. I told the lady on the checkout that he'd done a runner and she looked crestfallen given it would have to be reported.

He queued up and then just walked past the assistant with the milk? Why would he bother to queue and make it obvious that he was stealing, I can't figure out the logistics there.

There's also the irony that by you telling the checkout lady about it, you've actually cost the company more in labour costs than what the guy did in stealing the quid milk

Edited by Dai
Posted

I guess he thought "I would've paid for this, but she's distracted, so save a few pennies and risk it".

And you're right, Welsh Dave, I did by trying to do the right thing. I guess if he comes in again and tries the same I'll have saved them a few pennies in the future.

Posted (edited)

Staff are told not to do anything, so unfortunately nothing would have changed as far the stealing goes.

 

Edit: A minor annoyance for me recently is kitchen appliances which have really short power cables. My rice cooker, kettle, slow cooker, and coffee machine all have insanely short leads, which give you no flexibility on how you can arrange things. I'm not asking for 2m cables, but something half decent so I can move things about or bring them closer to the edge of the counter too if I want.

Edited by Dai

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...