Browser Brady Posted January 28 Posted January 28 A lad in my secondary school shop lifted a PlayStation in the late 90’s and used to rent it out to people for the weekends. I had to admire his business acumen if nothing else . Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted January 28 Paid Members Posted January 28 12 minutes ago, Browser Brady said: A lad in my secondary school shop lifted a PlayStation in the late 90’s and used to rent it out to people for the weekends. I had to admire his business acumen if nothing else . "we have reason to believe you're in possession of a stolen Playstation?" "nah not me mate, but I hear Terry down the street doesn't have the receipt for his" Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 28 Members Posted January 28 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: I worked in a supermarket for ten years (because I was a real go-getting with high ambitions and a vigor for life I know this isn't the point you're making but I often think what might have happened if I'd stayed in retail as it can be very good money. You ever seen how much Store Managers make? Fuuuuuuucking hell. And they get their name on the receipts! Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 28 Paid Members Posted January 28 Because the IT security was non existent at the shop I worked at (as in; the office PC was on 24/7 with no password to access it or any document. I wasn't hacking anything), I knew exactly what my manager was on and everyone else at the shop for that matter. It wasn't nearly enough to put up with the abject hell. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 28 Posted January 28 30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I know this isn't the point you're making but I often think what might have happened if I'd stayed in retail as it can be very good money. You ever seen how much Store Managers make? Fuuuuuuucking hell. And they get their name on the receipts! I know starting salary for Store Managers at Sainsburys is about £35k. No where near enough for the amount of stress and abuse from customers they have to take on the daily. I remembered being asked if I wanted to do the manager training scheme but I turned it down when I found out I'd only earn an extra pound an hour as a manager. Quote
Tamura Posted January 28 Posted January 28 At least people are thinking big, since you might as well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb. Case in point the Sainsbury's worker who was sacked for nicking a few bags for life. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 29 Posted January 29 The OH GOD WILL I EVER GET TO TALK TO THESE PEOPLE AGAIN feeling every time the board dies a horrible (but usually temporary) death. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 The shop didn't have my usual shampoo in so I had to use a different one this morning and my hair feels rough and coarse. Vile. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 People who complain about their hair. I wish I fucking had some mate. Quote
deathrey Posted January 29 Posted January 29 40 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: The OH GOD WILL I EVER GET TO TALK TO THESE PEOPLE AGAIN feeling every time the board dies a horrible (but usually temporary) death. Yes, I think I will have been posting here nearly 20 years soon. It would feel like a bereavement to lose you all all of a sudden. It's become so much of a daily habit of mine to check out what's happening here that it feels like an itch I can't scratch when I can't check in. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 29 Members Posted January 29 16 hours ago, wordsfromlee said: know starting salary for Store Managers at Sainsburys is about £35k That can't be right, surely. Tesco and Morrisons Store Managers are on around 90/100k basic. Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted January 29 Paid Members Posted January 29 (edited) nevermind, talking shite like usual Edited January 29 by Wretch Quote
DazzM Posted January 29 Posted January 29 1 hour ago, deathrey said: Yes, I think I will have been posting here nearly 20 years soon. It would feel like a bereavement to lose you all all of a sudden. It's become so much of a daily habit of mine to check out what's happening here that it feels like an itch I can't scratch when I can't check in. I've been around the UKFF since 2003, I fell away as Wrestling became an afterthought for me for some time, and as such my old log in, I can't find details to gain access to it. I think it relates to a defunct e-mail address, so that's a post count of over 1000 down the swannie. I had lurked since then, but never really got into discussion as much as I used to, especially since losing my log in, though I always do take pleasure in reading thoughts and updates from people, hence registering with this handle in the hope that one day I'll recover my old one. Logged into work this morning and UKFF was down, and I was sweating that I couldn't find out what peoples thoughts are about HHH's narcissistic video game, and the blood money rumble. Quote
Dai Posted January 29 Posted January 29 (edited) 3 hours ago, SuperBacon said: That can't be right, surely. Tesco and Morrisons Store Managers are on around 90/100k basic. I think the definition of Store Manager has been misused here as you're right, the 'main' store manager of any supermarket is on mega money. The lowest level managers are probably on that though, and possibly even less. I know these sorts of jobs are not much different to the 'team leader' jobs which nearly every supermarket has now got rid of. Those sorts of jobs are definitely not worth the hassle you have to go through. As for this board going down, for everything else online there's always emphasis on back ups, so it's quite alarming that if this board stays offline for good one day then that's it. Not sure what sort of backup could be done though. Seems silly there isn't at least something in place, as so many people rely on it daily. Edited January 29 by Dai Quote
Tamura Posted January 29 Posted January 29 3 hours ago, Dai said: I think the definition of Store Manager has been misused here as you're right, the 'main' store manager of any supermarket is on mega money. The lowest level managers are probably on that though, and possibly even less. I know these sorts of jobs are not much different to the 'team leader' jobs which nearly every supermarket has now got rid of. Those sorts of jobs are definitely not worth the hassle you have to go through. The Tesco Superstore where I work has two managers on nights, one on the fresh food side and one on grocery. Plus a corresponding shift leader for fresh and grocery on nights. Then on days there's a fresh manager, grocery manager, non-food manager and possibly one or two more (they used to have a board with all the managers on but they've got rid of it, and since one retired and another was sacked for "undignified behaviour" I'm not 100% sure how many we have these days). Plus a few shift leaders on days. And then there's a manager who's in charge of pretty much everyone else. Then there's the store manager. I have no idea what they all do, except to say it's pretty obvious everyone knows what needs doing on a daily basis and the shop wouldn't suddenly stop running if we got rid of a few managers. Although I will add when I was originally an xmas temp just over two years ago I did see the store manager in working a night shift filling the kitchen rolls aisle, so some do tend to be hands-on and not just sat in an office doing nothing. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.