Paid Members JLM Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 Whoever taught Americans “diabolical” has a lot to answer for. Might be Karl Urban’s fault. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 I hate it when people describe something as "bad" when they mean good! Or "cool" to refer to something that's fashionable or appealing. It means something of or at a fairly low temperature! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 7 minutes ago, gmoney said: I hate it when people describe something as "bad" when they mean good! Always reminds me of this:- Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 I went to a very conservative religious school and we once had an extremely 90s assembly where the headmaster tried to ban the word “wicked” because he was so appalled at how it was being used. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 Can we stop people saying “import” when they can’t be bothered saying “importance?” E.g “factors of lesser import” - and no, I shan’t accept it as abbreviation. Import is its own word and means something entirely different. Say importance, you bellend. Quote
Chico Torres Posted January 17 Posted January 17 No, import is correct in this context. Also, language constantly evolves. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 54 minutes ago, Chico Torres said: Also, language constantly evolves. So fucking what? Doesn’t mean I can’t find it minorly annoying. Quote
lanky316 Posted January 17 Posted January 17 Language evolving usually means "enough people are thick and use this word incorrectly it's become acceptable to use it this way now". Literally makes my piss boil. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 Maybe we should have a pathetic annoyances thread? Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted January 17 Posted January 17 4 minutes ago, lanky316 said: Literally makes my piss boil. You should see a doctor about that. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 17 Moderators Posted January 17 2 hours ago, gmoney said: Maybe we should have a pathetic annoyances thread? 'Annoyances of little import'. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted January 17 Awards Moderator Posted January 17 These tossers. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 18 Paid Members Posted January 18 5 hours ago, lanky316 said: Language evolving usually means "enough people are thick and use this word incorrectly it's become acceptable to use it this way now". Literally makes my piss boil. 5 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said: You should see a doctor about that. Hahaha. Spectacular self-own Lanky one! Quote
Joe Blog Posted January 18 Posted January 18 Lanky has either scored the most hilarious of own goals or he is playing 4D chess and intentionally did that at the end. I’m inclined to lean toward the former. Quote
lanky316 Posted January 18 Posted January 18 I'm not sure if it's really 4D chess to use one of the most painful examples to illustrate the point as a punchline. I know it was hardly comedy genius though, which means I may still have a career writing material for Michael McIntyre at least. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.