Chili Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 Just now, gmoney said: Fair enough, as far as I know, there's never been a ban of that kind on anything political, given that we have multiple politics threads. Aye, I found them, I don't think they'd been bumped for a while and I think that lead to them dropping out of my memory. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 10, 2025 I've had the trial of YouTube Premium for the last month. It's so good without ads. Paying £12.99 for another service is the last thing I need but I just cannot go back to ads. TV being split into a million streaming services is so fucking annoying. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted June 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 11, 2025 Are there no add blockers that work? Quote
Paid Members stumobir Posted June 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 11, 2025 If anyone uses a Firestick or other android device as their primary means of watching stuff then SmartTube is an indispensable app. YouTube without ads, blocks in video sponsors, and you can link it to your YouTube account so it’ll have all your subscriptions, playlists etc ready to go. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 11, 2025 Posted June 11, 2025 2 minutes ago, stumobir said: If anyone uses a Firestick or other android device as their primary means of watching stuff then SmartTube is an indispensable app. YouTube without ads, blocks in video sponsors, and you can link it to your YouTube account so it’ll have all your subscriptions, playlists etc ready to go. I use that and it's ace, you have to update quite often I find but that takes seconds. uBlock Origin works for me on my PC, too. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 11, 2025 Posted June 11, 2025 1 hour ago, Merzbow said: I use that and it's ace, you have to update quite often I find but that takes seconds. uBlock Origin works for me on my PC, too. I think uBlock Origin only works on Firefox these days. It's been taken off the Chrome extension store because it doesn't follow Googles "best practices" apparently. Quote
Tamura Posted June 11, 2025 Posted June 11, 2025 I've still got uBlock Origin installed on Chrome, and it works fine, working in conjunction with Adblock Plus for overkill. I still got the pre-video adverts on Youtube starting a few days ago, however they've vanished again now that the blockers have had chance to catch up. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted June 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 11, 2025 22 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: I think uBlock Origin only works on Firefox these days. It's been taken off the Chrome extension store because it doesn't follow Googles "best practices" apparently. My mate at work who uses that found a workaround on chrome for it, something to do with tinkering with config files, deprecated modules and whatknot. I’m still using ABP on Firefox and it’s working ok. I also use the DuckDuckGo app on my phone, which blocks ads. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 11, 2025 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: I think uBlock Origin only works on Firefox these days. It's been taken off the Chrome extension store because it doesn't follow Googles "best practices" apparently. uBlock Origin Lite has replaced it, works perfectly on Chrome. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 11, 2025 Posted June 11, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: uBlock Origin Lite has replaced it, works perfectly on Chrome. Thats what I was using when I was getting the pop ups but I've updated it and it seems to have fixed it for now. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 13, 2025 My wife has been getting mucked about by various NHS workers all day because none of them know their arse from their heads. This has resulted in her being sat for no reason in urgent care after being seen for around 3 hours because apparently despite getting her blood results back, the doctor needed to check in with her about her vaccines being up to date (which she knows they are because she works for the NHS). 3 hours later, which is a lot fucking longer than I'd have given them, she asks how longer it will be and they said a few more hours. She's just discharged herself only to be told that's fine because her bloods have been recorded and added to her file anyway. So why fucking make her sit there for 3 hours in a packed waiting room in 25 degree weather? I'm not here to make an argument for/against the NHS and yes she would have had to pay for the treatment in another country, yada yada, but that doesn't take away from the fact that most of the staff I seem to encounter whether it's at the hospital or the GPs office are fucking useless idiots. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 13, 2025 Members Posted June 13, 2025 On the note of that, I found out today where the ambulances dispatch from in Hampshire. If you're gonna fall ill in that county, make sure you're in Basingstoke or Eastleigh sadly. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 14, 2025 Posted June 14, 2025 Amazon and there practice of telling you that an item is going to be delivered upon release, only to tell well past the 11th hour that there’s been a delay and you’re item might be with you by the end of the year. I pre-ordered some vinyl which was meant to be released yesterday (which now seems to have been delayed everywhere) but for whatever reason it was due to be delivered today, possibly due to me choosing to have it shipped to an Amazon Locker near where I work. No biggie, I can wait a day I thought. All this week it’s said “Arriving Saturday”, even yesterday when it was meant to be released it was saying “Arriving Tomorrow”. So naturally I wake up to an email telling me ”We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We'll make every effort to get the delayed item to you as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.” Surely they already knew this when presumably no stock was sent out yesterday. Delays happen that’s fine I get that, I’ve been waiting on a copy of The Thing Soundtrack which has had at least 5 delays so far, but they must’ve known this prior to 7:20 this morning when I got that email. And I’m not even joking about the end of the year part: ”FREE delivery 31 July - 22 December, 2025 to [redacted] for Prime Members Usually dispatched within 3 to 7 months” Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 14, 2025 Posted June 14, 2025 Stupid Amazon. I've got something being delivered between 1am and 1am today apparently. Quote
Retro Red Posted June 14, 2025 Posted June 14, 2025 Amazon I never really have an issue with, especially with pre orders since they only take payment when they ship. It’s usually other retailers (Argos being one) who offer next day delivery but then use a courier who find it impossible to deliver anything north of Dundee without 48 hours notice. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.