Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 16, 2025 the last time I was in emergency care I was shuffled around all over the place, directed somewhere to get a blood test, waited there for over an hour, only for that person to tell me that they don't do blood tests there and that I "wasn't told that", even though I had explicitly been directed there, had handed in a note at their reception and been told to wait there. I ended up leaving without getting any of the other tests they had suggested, because I had been there for hours, was (obviously) feeling very sick, and just got too stressed and angry to engage with it any more. But the thing that really got me about it, and about several of my experiences with the NHS over the year and a bit that I had a ton of health issues, is that every single person you speak to you have to basically start over. I was getting shoved around all the other hospital, and every person I spoke to I had to explain all my symptoms and underlying issues every single time. They would then diligently take notes on their computer, which made me wonder where those notes were going, if the next person I spoke to just had to ask all the same questions all over again. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 16, 2025 Had an NHS nightmare recently too. Had to take my daughter and literally sat there all night from 11pm Friday until 8am Saturday (only because I swapped with the wife at that point). They actually saw her and took bloods really quickly. Told us at about 3am that the bloods were back and just needed looking at by a doctor. That didn't happen until 7am. I feel for them, it was full of absolute dregs, people the police had brought in, people who were just getting off the streets for a bit and loads of other waifs and strays. Place is a shithole. Was a funny moment where a bloke the police was brought in was explaining that he was "just" dancing in the road and a police dog had bit his arm and dragged him to the floor and some fella near us says out load "Now that's fucking funny" and laughs for about ten minutes. On Microsoft T**ms etiquette, someone asks for times we're available for a meet. Everyone is free 11-12 and she sends out an invite for 11:15 to 11:45. What on earth is that? Quote
CTXRussomark Posted June 16, 2025 Posted June 16, 2025 4 hours ago, tiger_rick said: On Microsoft T**ms etiquette, someone asks for times we're available for a meet. Everyone is free 11-12 and she sends out an invite for 11:15 to 11:45. What on earth is that? See, I think I'd quite appreciate that as it's killing off any opportunity for someone else to book the other half hour. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 16, 2025 17 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said: See, I think I'd quite appreciate that as it's killing off any opportunity for someone else to book the other half hour. Mmm, you're right. Genius. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 16, 2025 5 hours ago, BomberPat said: the NHS 5 hours ago, tiger_rick said: NHS nightmare It's a game, it really is. Got told last Wednesday they'd send me for something (not serious). Going to be sent somewhere I've never been, nurse didn't know how long I'd be waiting for contact. So I was immediately wondering if this was going to be one of the super quick ones, or one of the ones where seven months later I suddenly remember something is supposed to happen and end up chasing them. Get a text this morning to tell me they've booked me Thursday lunchtime. No call, just a text telling me they've booked it. Location is great for home, but not work, which is where I'll be of a weekday lunchtime. I could make it there Friday morning before going to work, or essentially any morning for at least the first two weeks of July when I'll be WFH. Figure it will be easy to rearrange if they got me in so quickly. Tried to rearrange through the app, couldn't. Rang the number on the text - "We don't have access, they manage the diary themselves at that centre. All we can do here is cancel the appointment then you'd get sent to the back of the queue for another one, shall I do that?" Umm... no? Give me their number, please? Ring their number, turns out its actually Salford Royals number, not direct with the clinic itself .. and all THEY can do is cancel and add some notes on for my availability, now I just have to wait patiently for the "waiting list co-ordinator" to call me, apparently? Good job it ISN'T serious. Underfunded though they are and God bless them etc etc but... why is it so difficult for a patient to talk directly to a service provider and arrange an appointment a time that works for both, and not have to jump through hoops of gateways etc that can't actually do what you ring them up for? Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 Perhaps this is more than a minor annoyance but it feels the appropriate place to rant about it. A few weeks ago I was booked for a gig yesterday, but over the last week or so I started to feel suspicious he’d forgotten he’d booked me. I noticed I wasn’t named on the Facebook event page, and then yesterday morning I still hadn’t been added to a group chat confirming the details which is usually the done thing. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left it until about 5pm before messaging him, at which point he confirmed he had indeed forgotten. I’m not too bothered he forgot me, mistakes happen, but if that were me I would be absolutely mortified and unbelievably apologetic with an absolute guarantee that they’d be the first name on the next gig. Have I had even so much as an apology? Have I bollocks. Didn’t feel like he cared one bit. Quote
Chili Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 35 minutes ago, Slapnut said: Perhaps this is more than a minor annoyance but it feels the appropriate place to rant about it. A few weeks ago I was booked for a gig yesterday, but over the last week or so I started to feel suspicious he’d forgotten he’d booked me. I noticed I wasn’t named on the Facebook event page, and then yesterday morning I still hadn’t been added to a group chat confirming the details which is usually the done thing. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left it until about 5pm before messaging him, at which point he confirmed he had indeed forgotten. I’m not too bothered he forgot me, mistakes happen, but if that were me I would be absolutely mortified and unbelievably apologetic with an absolute guarantee that they’d be the first name on the next gig. Have I had even so much as an apology? Have I bollocks. Didn’t feel like he cared one bit. This a comedy promoter innit yeah? It's happened to me and in my case it was because he'd double booked but rather than inform me ahead of time so I could get another booking elsewhere or assist finding one, he was so obviously annoyed at himself but not willing to show arse that he did the same thing as what happened to you. Sorry to hear that pal. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 I was once booked to DJ a music festival, in what I knew was a bit of a death slot - playing a small tent while the headliner was on the main stage - but figured it would be good for the CV and all that. My name didn't make the poster, but it was such a minor slot that I didn't think much of it. It got to about ten days before the gig, and I hadn't heard anything from the promoter; how long my set was, what time I was expected to get there, any kind of housekeeping stuff. I sent a couple of messages, nothing. My mate was their press officer, so I got hold of him, and asked if he could chase them up and find out anything for me. Of the two promoters, one of them said they had forgotten that they had booked me, the other one said that they had decided they weren't going to book me because I was the only DJ booked who played off CDJs and they didn't have any - I don't know which of those was true, and if it was the latter, which seems unlikely, I could have pointed them in the direction of multiple places they could have hired one, maybe even for free. But that was it, I got the messages relayed to me through a mate. Never got an apology from either of the promoters, nor any kind of message at all. I'd have been mortified if I was in their position. I just remember thinking, what if I hadn't asked? If I'd just assumed I was still booked, as they never told me I wasn't, and just rocked up on the day with all of my kit? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 19, 2025 Members Posted June 19, 2025 Both @Slapnut and @BomberPat you should've 100% just turned up. I mean I wouldn't have, but you should've Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 Pubs that use stock images for their Sunday Roasts. Cowards. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 Polystyrene. It feels horrible. It sounds horrible. It goes EVERYWHERE. How the fuck have we not come up with something better by now. Quote
Chili Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Polystyrene. It feels horrible. It sounds horrible. It goes EVERYWHERE. How the fuck have we not come up with something better by now. I'm genuinely afraid of it. I can't be near people with it, the sound and feel of it absolutely ruins me and I can't cope. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2025 16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Polystyrene. It feels horrible. It sounds horrible. It goes EVERYWHERE. How the fuck have we not come up with something better by now. I have horrible misophonia from it, and whatever the sensation version of misophonia is - even the idea of fingertips or nails brushing down it sets my teeth right on edge and a shudder down my spine. Quote
King Coconut Posted June 20, 2025 Posted June 20, 2025 Let's just drop the polystyrene talk then, eh? Nobody's enjoying it. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2025 5 minutes ago, King Coconut said: Let's just drop the polystyrene talk then, eh? Nobody's enjoying it. Isn't that the point of the thread, though? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.