Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted June 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 8, 2025 Bought a second hand car for 2.5k last Sunday. Yesterday the garage I took it to for a once over said it needs about 2k in fixes... Luckily Im covered as I got it from a dealership so can return it. But still, its a pain in the hole. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 8, 2025 Members Posted June 8, 2025 8 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: Bought a second hand car for 2.5k last Sunday. Yesterday the garage I took it to for a once over said it needs about 2k in fixes... Luckily Im covered as I got it from a dealership so can return it. But still, its a pain in the hole. Annoying innit. I bought one for 1500 recently, nice runner, really sturdy old Ford Focus, long MOT, but I took it for a service and was told it needs about a grands worth of work as well, which while none of it is urgent, will need to be done sooner rather than later. Absolute money pits. Quote
Dai Posted June 8, 2025 Posted June 8, 2025 Speaking of cars, I was recently driving in a place which was full of country lanes, and Google Maps/Waze is an absolute nightmare in these sorts of places. I think it assumes that any country lane you go down you can drive at the max speed of 60, which is clearly nonsense, and just skews the routes it suggests you completley. You have to review the route you take multiple times throughout the journey, and try and make an educated guess as to which one if the best, otherwise you end up down a shitty country lane for miles on end because it thinks you can do 50 or 60. 15 years ago I had a Sat Nav where you could select that you were a large vehicle, and it fixed this issue, so not sure why they cant do something similar to that these days, considering the amount of data they must have from people using these routes. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 8, 2025 Amazon not just being honest about shit, and their customer service being completely unusable. I ordered some cleaning spray for the guinea pig cage yesterday, because Pets At Home was out of stock. It was next day delivery. While I was out today, I got a "six stops away" notification. Got home a couple of hours later, no delivery, no note left, and the tracking still says "arriving today", which is pretty unlikely at 9pm. But there's no way on Amazon to actually complain about a non-delivery until they update the tracking to either say it's been delayed or say that it's running late. And when you do complain, even if the tracking says it has been delivered, they just say "give it a couple of days, it will show up". So assuming this thing doesn't show up today, at best it shows up tomorrow, at worst it still doesn't show up and I have to leave it another couple of days before they will do anything about it. But because their customer service is all auto-responses and chatbots, there's no point where I can get them to respond to, "but I pay for Prime every month in order to get guaranteed delivery dates, and you're not giving me that". I know they're an evil megacorp, and this is far from their biggest sin, but that's why this is the minor annoyance thread. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 8, 2025 28 minutes ago, Dai said: Speaking of cars, I was recently driving in a place which was full of country lanes, and Google Maps/Waze is an absolute nightmare in these sorts of places. I think it assumes that any country lane you go down you can drive at the max speed of 60, which is clearly nonsense, and just skews the routes it suggests you completley. You have to review the route you take multiple times throughout the journey, and try and make an educated guess as to which one if the best, otherwise you end up down a shitty country lane for miles on end because it thinks you can do 50 or 60. 15 years ago I had a Sat Nav where you could select that you were a large vehicle, and it fixed this issue, so not sure why they cant do something similar to that these days, considering the amount of data they must have from people using these routes. I learned to drive only a few years ago. On one of my first trips I decided to drive to Tunbridge Wells, which is 20 odd miles or so. I got there via the motorway, but decided on the way back since my sat nav had the option of avoiding the motorway it might be nice to take a different route back. This was probably my 3rd or 4th drive out alone. It took me down some of the narrowest roads I've ever driven down to this day for about 15 miles. I was absolutely shitting it the entire time. Had to reverse to let cars be able to squeeze past, the lot. Obviously took me more than twice as long too. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 8, 2025 Members Posted June 8, 2025 7 minutes ago, gmoney said: Had to reverse to let cars be able to squeeze past, the lot. The absolute worst. The roads around where I live are a genuine joke, but then I see a massive tractor bombing it down them and think "Am I overthinking this?" and the answer is no. Its the only thing I envy about America, the width of the roads. Here it's all "Yeah fine do 60 down this The Shire looking road with no lights down it and 30cm between the oncoming traffic" People always say "you live in a beautiful part of the country, must be lovely to drive through" I'm trying not to die, really enjoyable. Quote
deathrey Posted June 8, 2025 Posted June 8, 2025 2 hours ago, BomberPat said: Amazon not just being honest about shit, and their customer service being completely unusable. I ordered some cleaning spray for the guinea pig cage yesterday, because Pets At Home was out of stock. It was next day delivery. While I was out today, I got a "six stops away" notification. Got home a couple of hours later, no delivery, no note left, and the tracking still says "arriving today", which is pretty unlikely at 9pm. But there's no way on Amazon to actually complain about a non-delivery until they update the tracking to either say it's been delayed or say that it's running late. And when you do complain, even if the tracking says it has been delivered, they just say "give it a couple of days, it will show up". So assuming this thing doesn't show up today, at best it shows up tomorrow, at worst it still doesn't show up and I have to leave it another couple of days before they will do anything about it. But because their customer service is all auto-responses and chatbots, there's no point where I can get them to respond to, "but I pay for Prime every month in order to get guaranteed delivery dates, and you're not giving me that". I know they're an evil megacorp, and this is far from their biggest sin, but that's why this is the minor annoyance thread. Because of them being an evil megacorp, I cut them no slack if I don't get a Prime delivery on time. You can go on the website and request a call back from customer services, that's usually what I do and demand a refund and I've always gotten one. Quote
lanky316 Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 Reading books that get something fairly basic wrong to draw you out of them. Super duper secret agent type is on the run in the jungles of South America he needs to call reinforcements or help to escape from the situation. He comes across a shack in the arse end of nowhere and notices what looks like a Starlink satellite dish. Local Man allows him into the house and his hopes were confirmed when he finds Local Man is "watching a soccer game from the UK Champions League on ESPN"... Come on Author, you could have picked absolutely anything but you had to go with that. Completely ruined my bedtime book and hot chocolate that did. Quote
Chili Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 That I don't know where or if we're allowed to discuss the current LA riots reboot or Greta Thunberg's arrest. I'm not taking the piss either, I don't actually know where we post it. The Trump thread? Is it banned discussion that stuff or has just simply none of us brought it up yet? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 9, 2025 Why would it be banned? Quote
Chili Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 6 minutes ago, gmoney said: Why would it be banned? I literally have no idea, I was asking because I don't know pal. Probably because other places have a ban on discussing stuff so I genuinely wasn't sure. Quote
deathrey Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 12 minutes ago, Chili said: That I don't know where or if we're allowed to discuss the current LA riots reboot or Greta Thunberg's arrest. I'm not taking the piss either, I don't actually know where we post it. The Trump thread? Is it banned discussion that stuff or has just simply none of us brought it up yet? General politics thread aka Labour are cunts I would say. I feel like there was a current affairs/news type thread but I may have imaged that. I know the Palestine Genocide was been discussed in the general politics thread before Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 9, 2025 5 minutes ago, Chili said: I literally have no idea, I was asking because I don't know pal. Probably because other places have a ban on discussing stuff so I genuinely wasn't sure. Ok, cool, I had no idea anywhere else had a ban on talking about it (where the fuck is that out of interest?) If you don't see a topic being discussed, and aren't sure where to put it, my advice would be start a thread for it. Quote
Chili Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 1 minute ago, gmoney said: Ok, cool, I had no idea anywhere else had a ban on talking about it (where the fuck is that out of interest?) If you don't see a topic being discussed, and aren't sure where to put it, my advice would be start a thread for it. The only other wrestling forum I bother looking at (wrestlercrap/awesome network forums, on the basis that I find American's forum posts hilariously OTT) has a ban on any discussion of politics and I'm assuming it's because it's gone to absolute shit many times. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 9, 2025 (edited) Fair enough, as far as I know, there's never been a ban of that kind on anything political, given that we have multiple politics threads. Edited June 9, 2025 by gmoney Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.