Paid Members gmoney Posted June 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2025 (edited) Thank you! I knew the flashing lights thing was bullshit at least. Edited June 3, 2025 by gmoney Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2025 Sainsbury’s new adverts designed to appeal to people who would use “banging” or “proper nice” instead of something more verbose or intellectual-sounding. If anything it’s even snootier than the last campaign, the “good food for all of us” resonates with a silent “even you, poorly educated peasants with broad regional accents.” Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 9 hours ago, air_raid said: Sainsbury’s new adverts designed to appeal to people who would use “banging” or “proper nice” instead of something more verbose or intellectual-sounding. If anything it’s even snootier than the last campaign, the “good food for all of us” resonates with a silent “even you, poorly educated peasants with broad regional accents.” It hasn't annoyed me quite as much as any supermarket using the phrase "picky bits" yet but it's getting there. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: It hasn't annoyed me quite as much as any supermarket using the phrase "picky bits" yet but it's getting there. The second M&S put that in their Christmas catalogue I knew they weren’t just catering for toffs any more. But I doubt anyone who says “picky bits” gets them from M&S as opposed to Iceland. Cossy livs. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 5, 2025 Members Posted June 5, 2025 Unnecessary emails and messages again! Someone asking me if I'm available for a meeting. I reply "that works for me, send over an invite" Reply AFTER invite sent "thanks will do" UNNECESSARY! Colleague messaging me if I'm free for a Teams call on Teams. Me: "Yep, free now, call when you're ready" Response 0.5 seconds before calling "Cool" UNNECESSARY! Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2025 4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Unnecessary emails and messages again! Someone asking me if I'm available for a meeting. I reply "that works for me, send over an invite" Reply AFTER invite sent "thanks will do" UNNECESSARY! Colleague messaging me if I'm free for a Teams call on Teams. Me: "Yep, free now, call when you're ready" Response 0.5 seconds before calling "Cool" UNNECESSARY! Spoiler Cool Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 5, 2025 Members Posted June 5, 2025 13 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: Reveal hidden contents Cool UNNECESSARY! Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2025 I have a colleague who will ask if you're free for a call, I normally say yes and then he'll always reply "OK, calling" as the phone rings. As if the noise, the massive box in the corner of the screen and my phone vibrating itself off the desk isn't enough to alert me. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 5, 2025 Moderators Posted June 5, 2025 (edited) On this topic I can't stand when people send you a Teams message that just says 'Hello'. And they don't actually follow up with their question until you response to that. Infuriating. Edited June 5, 2025 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Bruce85 Posted June 5, 2025 Posted June 5, 2025 3 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Unnecessary emails and messages again! Someone asking me if I'm available for a meeting. I reply "that works for me, send over an invite" Reply AFTER invite sent "thanks will do" UNNECESSARY! Colleague messaging me if I'm free for a Teams call on Teams. Me: "Yep, free now, call when you're ready" Response 0.5 seconds before calling "Cool" UNNECESSARY! This really grinds my gears, I have a colleague who replies to everything and always has to have the last word. The amount of unnecessary “thank you” emails I get is ridiculous. I showed her how to use the reactions button and told her she could just thumbs up and email to say thanks rather than replying but it’s not helped. She will also email to tell you she’s going to do something, will do it, and then email to tell you it’s done. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2025 3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: On this topic I can't stand when people send you a Teams message that just says 'Hello'. And they don't actually follow up with their question until you response to that. Infuriating. I've got a colleague who sends one line at a time. "So. Gmoney. I've got this issue... I need to tell you about." Etc. Absolutely draining. She will give you all the background first before asking a question, which is also infuriating. A tip to anyone who doesn't do this already, ask your question first, then give background. If you do it the other way around, the person has to reread the whole fucking thing again. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 6, 2025 17 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: On this topic I can't stand when people send you a Teams message that just says 'Hello'. And they don't actually follow up with their question until you response to that. Infuriating. One of my friends does that on WhatsApp. Never know if you need to respond or more is coming. What a terrible habit. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 6, 2025 That isn't exclusive to Teams, there's a guy who I worked with on my old job who would send something like "Hey mate" in the morning, I'd reply, then I wouldn't hear from him for 2 days until he says "Oh it's all sorted now". Then it turns out it's not fucking sorted at all. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 6, 2025 On 6/5/2025 at 12:53 PM, SuperBacon said: Unnecessary emails and messages again! Someone asking me if I'm available for a meeting. I reply "that works for me, send over an invite" Reply AFTER invite sent "thanks will do" UNNECESSARY! Colleague messaging me if I'm free for a Teams call on Teams. Me: "Yep, free now, call when you're ready" Response 0.5 seconds before calling "Cool" UNNECESSARY! My so-called manager dropped me an unexpected and unwanted Teams video call yesterday regarding a thing I'm chasing from another dept head which he's copied into. The summary after the discussion was "we'll see what she comes back with." Which is where we were already. What was the fucking point? Add that to the fact he asks me "do you need anything from me" at least once daily, seemingly obvious to the fact I'm the only one of his reports that can easily work unsupervised, know the job standing on my head, doesn't need babysitting like the others (because every time they ask him for something, he doesn't teach them properly for next time) and I think I've needed to ask for his input maybe twice in the 7 years he's managed me. I never need anything from you, mate. IF I NEED ANYTHING, YOU'LL KNOW. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 6, 2025 Posted June 6, 2025 I've now been getting pop ups before most videos on YouTube saying to the effect of "please don't use an ad blocker. Sign up to YouTube Premium instead", but luckily you can just X out of it. But then today I got one that you had to wait 10 seconds before you could close the pop up. Cheeky little cunts. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.