Paid Members waters44 Posted July 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2025 I honestly didn’t realise this was a thing. If I want a bit of comedy I’ll put Alan Partridge on or something, but maybe I should just head to food cupboard Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 3, 2025 Posted July 3, 2025 It's called Whackaging and one of the worst offenders is this sign from in Virgin Trains toilets: Quote
Tamura Posted July 3, 2025 Posted July 3, 2025 (edited) Forgetting my MP3 player when I went shopping today, meaning I had to put up with listening to 20 minutes of racist drivel on the bus today. It began with this gobby lass (with an electronic tag on her ankle) on the phone to the DWP, things started going south when she says "I'm a white British person and you're making me homeless" (for context, a significant proportion of the people who work at the local DWP are POC). Apparently the person from the DWP took exception to this, as she told her boyfriend they were threatening to end the call. Her boyfriend turned out to be quite an unsavoury character too, as he starts talking about "knocking people out in jail" and having a knife fight with someone in the job centre. Bearing that in mind, and since he looked young, strong and athletic, I figured it probably wasn't a good idea to politely tell them to shut the fuck up at this point, especially since they weren't directing their venom at anyone on the bus. Following the end of the phone conversation it turned into a back and forth between the two of them, covering immigrants in five star hotels, immigrants raping "our" women, immigrants contributing nothing (while having the brass neck so say they were both better off on the dole than working) in a conversation that went round and round in circles. I figured any attempt at intervention was likely to turn violent very fast, and didn't really relish the idea of an afternoon in either hospital or a police cell. Edited July 3, 2025 by Tamura Quote
TheHighlightReel Posted July 3, 2025 Posted July 3, 2025 Can you clarify what you meant by forgetting your mp3 player? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 3, 2025 Members Posted July 3, 2025 1 hour ago, TheHighlightReel said: Can you clarify what you meant by forgetting your mp3 player? I reckon he meant that he forgot his mp3 player. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2025 This was a relatively simple post, which saw him mentioning he forgot his MP3 player. Quote
Browser Brady Posted July 4, 2025 Posted July 4, 2025 (edited) Was looking very nostalgically at a Mini Disc player from approx 25 years ago. Very underrated piece of hardware. Anyways , minor annoyances.. People who give vague instructions. “ Can you move that there on top of that next to the other thing “ Whilst pointing in the general direction of about 5 different things. When my Dad was teaching me to drive he would say “ Get in the same lane as that Car” I’d ask what car exactly and then he would point, i’d have to explain i can’t see where he is pointing as a) i was driving and b) perspective innit. His friend had to teach me for a finish. This could very well be a “me” problem also. Edited July 4, 2025 by Browser Brady Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 4, 2025 Posted July 4, 2025 45 minutes ago, Browser Brady said: Was looking very nostalgically at a Mini Disc player from approx 25 years ago. Very underrated piece of hardware. Anyways , minor annoyances.. People who give vague instructions. “ Can you move that there on top of that next to the other thing “ Whilst pointing in the general direction of about 5 different things. When my Dad was teaching me to drive he would say “ Get in the same lane as that Car” I’d ask what car exactly and then he would point, i’d have to explain i can’t see where he is pointing as a) i was driving and b) perspective innit. His friend had to teach me for a finish. This could very well be a “me” problem also. My wife does a similar thing. When giving me directions and we're coming up to a roundabout, I'll ask which exit to take so I know which lane to get into and she'll just point vaguely at the roundabout and say "that one". Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted July 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2025 Busy body nimby bastards. In my case, the one's who have objected to much needed bus lanes and bus stops in the area. The reason for the bus lane objection was 'it would be like living on a motorway ' and the bus stops 'as it would bring criminals into the area'. Point 1 is nullified by the fact our estate is already situated beside a 4 lane carriageway and point 2 is utter nonsense, as our area is fairly rough anyway. When I was heading to work the other morning the armed police were putting in the door of the delightful local drug dealing family, for example. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 4, 2025 Members Posted July 4, 2025 Electrician coming round today to fix a couple of minor things. Said he'd be here "towards the end of the day" What, 11pm? 11.30pm? Fucking midnight? Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted July 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 5, 2025 I was discussing something on teams chat with one of my colleagues. Regarding file format, I wrote, “we would also accept [things].” She then copied and pasted my message to go in the email to clients, but changed it to read “we would also except [things].” Fuming. Quote
TheHighlightReel Posted July 5, 2025 Posted July 5, 2025 On 7/3/2025 at 11:52 PM, SuperBacon said: I reckon he meant that he forgot his mp3 player. Well yeah, it was more that I haven’t seen anyone carrying around an mp3 player with them for about ten years. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted July 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 5, 2025 (edited) On 7/4/2025 at 9:28 AM, Browser Brady said: People who give vague instructions. “ Can you move that there on top of that next to the other thing “ Whilst pointing in the general direction of about 5 different things. My girlfriend is the worst for this. Everything is “thingy”. When I asked what thing, it’s “if you let me finish…” Or you could just think of all the words before starting the sentence? Edited July 5, 2025 by Your Fight Site Quote
Tamura Posted July 5, 2025 Posted July 5, 2025 6 hours ago, TheHighlightReel said: Well yeah, it was more that I haven’t seen anyone carrying around an mp3 player with them for about ten years. Considering most people use earbuds or bluetooth headphones, I'm interested in what empirical evidence you are using to support that? Do you have x-ray vision? Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted July 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 5, 2025 5 minutes ago, Tamura said: Considering most people use earbuds or bluetooth headphones, I'm interested in what empirical evidence you are using to support that? Do you have x-ray vision? Don't need X-ray vision to not see something. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.