Paid Members JLM Posted July 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2025 (edited) Once a month my team has a calibration session to make sure everyone is doing the regulatory things and auditing things in the same way. It could be done on teams but they make us come in to do it. This is annoying for me as I have to get a dog sitter for the day and it costs me money to get there and back. I know it’s only once a month and a lot of people have horrible daily commutes. I used to do 60-90 minute daily commutes using extremely unreliable train services, so I get it. The reason I took my current job is because it’s full time WFH though, and I do resent coming in when it’s just people in a room on their laptops comparing notes. For a good chunk of it everyone sits in silence, and some people even go to find a quiet place to get more work done before returning for the group discussion bit. It’s stupid. However, what annoys me the most is that nobody can wrap their head around the word “calibration”. So it’s referred to as “team collaboration day”. I shudder internally every time. Edited July 10, 2025 by JLM Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 10, 2025 Moderators Posted July 10, 2025 Legit lol there.. did not see where that anecdote was going; excellent delivery. Quote
davertfnewman Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 8 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: There’s this old prick at work who no-one likes. My colleague calls him Voldemort, I’m thinking more Michael Berryman to give you a picture of him. We have two people in the day and two in the evening and we start at 06:30 and 18:30. He always insists on coming in around 05:30, complains he’s in too early (nobody asked you to), complains when someone doesn’t arrive after 18:00 to relieve him of his duty or sometimes will just fuck off early. I sit at the computer he always uses so that he’ll let me go when he’s at 5 so I can get home and to bed a lot quicker. Sometimes he’ll let me go straight away or sometimes (most of the time) he’ll do the most annoying thing that he did yesterday. Get in at 5:20, sit around for 40 minutes making passive aggressive comments and asking us questions like we are stupid kids, disappearing out of the room and then coming up to an hour of just being there, telling me to log off. If you’re going to insist on coming in an hour early every morning and leaving when you want in the evening, just fucking start working. Probably single, probably has no kids, not much of a life when he gets home, straight to the off licence after work, one person upset him years ago and everyone has paid for it since, am I right? Worked with people like that. In fairness, he doesn't owe you an early finish or warrant an early start for himself for coming in early, but sounds like a dick. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2025 8 minutes ago, davertfnewman said: Probably single, probably has no kids, not much of a life when he gets home, straight to the off licence after work, one person upset him years ago and everyone has paid for it since, am I right? Worked with people like that. No kids, but is married. I wouldn’t know about the rest, but he worked at my previous job a couple of years before me and got royally fucked over. 9 minutes ago, davertfnewman said: In fairness, he doesn't owe you an early finish or warrant an early start for himself for coming in early, but sounds like a dick. No he doesn’t. But he can’t come in that early and then expect the favour returned and want to leave immediately as soon as said person comes in. Or complain if someone else isn’t in at 5pm. It’s annoying behaviour. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 11, 2025 Moderators Posted July 11, 2025 Retailers that are in no way associated with Amazon having 'Prime Day' sales. That's not a thing! Stop making it a thing! Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 11, 2025 It's probably headed the same direction Black Friday in the UK was. Has no reason to be a thing, but it just ends up being culturally accepted. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted July 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 11, 2025 First it’s Prime Day, next we’ll all be living under Cybertronian law. #TakeBackControl. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 11, 2025 Posted July 11, 2025 Having a silent war with someone at work. We have a lovely garden room with windows on 3 sides and the dining room on the 4th. Kind of like a conservatory,.however no real egress from it other than back into the dining room. Anyhow, for ages the sofa and chairs were set so they faced into the dining room so whenever anyone used the room they'd only be seeing the dining room and not the garden. I moved it all around so there was plenty of space for the wheelchair users and everyone can view the garden.... Someone on at least 3 occasions in the last 2 weeks has moved it back again so it faces inwards again. If I go back in on Monday and its moved again, I shall return it to its normal position and find a way of sticking it into place! Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2025 People holding lavalier microphones as if they are handheld microphones to speak into. Completely baffling misuse of equipment, seems to be rampant. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2025 3 hours ago, gmoney said: People holding lavalier microphones as if they are handheld microphones to speak into. Completely baffling misuse of equipment, seems to be rampant. I'm not sure if a lavalier mic are those tiny little thumbstick size mics, but if they are then yes I agree, oddball behaviour. If it's something different then I will still nominate the little thumbstick ones, sometimes with a little fuzz on the end of them. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2025 2 hours ago, FLips said: I'm not sure if a lavalier mic are those tiny little thumbstick size mics, but if they are then yes I agree, oddball behaviour. If it's something different then I will still nominate the little thumbstick ones, sometimes with a little fuzz on the end of them. They are exactly those mics, and they're supposed to be clipped to your clothing, so there is absolutely no need to hold one. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 12, 2025 Posted July 12, 2025 I think I’m becoming addicted to YouTube Shorts. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 15, 2025 On 7/12/2025 at 6:35 PM, wordsfromlee said: I think I’m becoming addicted to YouTube Shorts. I like shorts but in my subscription section. They're great for revisiting a moment or seeing a long video (like a recipe) shortened. Decent content. Unsolicited shorts are a nightmare. Especially as, probably due to my algorithm, 99% of them are some innuendo that ends up being a video of a live, laugh, love housewife changing kitchen roll or something. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 15, 2025 Members Posted July 15, 2025 On 7/12/2025 at 6:35 PM, wordsfromlee said: I think I’m becoming addicted to YouTube Shorts. Didn't realise my youngest had joined the forum. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.