Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

There’s a bloke at work called Louis (the second Louis I’ve worked with who’s dumb as fuck) who never believes anything anyone tells him about work as he thinks everyone is trying to sabatoge him. Which he can do himself as he’s useless. Anyway, onto the annoyance from the other night.

We do laptop checks every night just in case we have to work from home. Part of the checks is using the work mobiles and if we are able to hotspot the phones Internet to the laptop. This has been a check for seemingly over a year and he’s been filling in the nightly forms saying he’s been able to do it. It’s now clear he’s been lying.

Our manager wants us to demonstrate to him that we can all do it for his SOPs. Louis told me he could connect the phone to the laptop but the internet wasn’t working. I then got a laptop and done it immediately. With both work phones and my personal one. He asked me to show him which I did. Turns out he wasn’t disconnecting the works WiFi and connecting to the phone at all. He assumed it would do it automatically and tells me that what I’ve shown him hasn’t satisfied his curiosity and that a very intelligent friend who’s an expert has told him a way of hotspotting the phone to the laptop without turning the hotspot on and turning the WiFi off the laptop and phone completely. I told him this won’t work but he wouldn’t have it. Seven fucking hours he sat there trying to do it and was unable.

Bare in mind, I was the third person this week show him how to do it, but he wants to try this super great way of doing it without the hotspot turned on, despite that not being what the manager has requested. When I tried to help him again he shouted at me “you’re not my manager. You can’t tell me anything”. Fine. Don’t ask me for anything again. We reach hour nine and he is still trying to do the impossible. He sends an email to the manager with me copied in saying it doesn’t work. I asked why and he said because it doesn’t. Fucking hell. I replied saying it’s not true and I’ve shown him multiple times. I’ve not been in since I sent that email so I don’t know what’s happened since.

Its a big fucking annoyance that he doesn’t listen to anyone. I saved him from being sacked a couple of weeks ago due to his lack of brains during a major incident. Next time I won’t bother. 

He’s also a reply all guy. Or replies to emails from his days off just saying “Noted”. The manager told him to stop that. He did for a while and has now continued. He was off for a month and we all got multiple “noted” emails.

I hope to encounter a Louis who’s not a dumb fuck (sorry to anyone called Louis on here)

Noted.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just read someone say they “prommy” (promise).

  • Paid Members
Posted

People quoting TikTok trends in real life - 'What the hell? What the helly?' has now become commonplace amongst my workforce and it is a scourge that must be abolished. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Someone in work referred the other day to the time they were off work after having a “Nervy B”.

  • Paid Members
Posted
47 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

People quoting TikTok trends in real life - 'What the hell? What the helly?' has now become commonplace amongst my workforce and it is a scourge that must be abolished. 

Nicko my man, this is the tip of the icy b. I’ve just escaped an office where the 20-somethings (and their trainwreck manager, 31, delusional that she’s keeping up with tha youth) keep saying the same thing over and over for months. Before it was something about chicken. For the last six months it’s been saying (example) “these chips are so nice” imitating a child they saw on TikTok with an inflection or accent that I can’t even describe in words, except it’s a bit nasal. I can’t tell you how annoying it is.

Thankfully I start a new gaffe on Monday and Mrs raid tells me it’s far less of a zoo, everyone’s polite and nice but like to get on with the job. You know, like a workplace or sorts.

  • Members
Posted
50 minutes ago, deathrey said:

That did actually make me laugh

I think @PunkStep came up with this one. Every time I moan to him, he tells me to go and watch a video of Maradona to keep the clinny deps away, and he's usually right :)

  • Paid Members
Posted

There was talk about booking fees in here the other day. I’m going to Lisbon in a couple of weeks and while I’m there, Benfica are playing Nice in a champions league qualifier. Thought I’d try and get tickets. £45 each. That’s fine. £33 booking fee! And then a £4 service fee on top of that.

I’ll find a locals bar instead. 

  • Members
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

There was talk about booking fees in here the other day. I’m going to Lisbon in a couple of weeks and while I’m there, Benfica are playing Nice in a champions league qualifier. Thought I’d try and get tickets. £45 each. That’s fine. £33 booking fee! And then a £4 service fee on top of that.

I’ll find a locals bar instead. 

Would you not be better off buying them when you're there from the ticket office? I know there's the risk of it selling out, but I reckon you'd get one.

Edited by SuperBacon
  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Would you not be better off buying them when you're there from the ticket office? I know there's the risk of it selling out, but I reckon you'd get one.

Didn’t think of that tbh. I’m gonna try that then as we do have a stadium tour booked in a few days before the game. Cheers. 

  • Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Didn’t think of that tbh. I’m gonna try that then as we do have a stadium tour booked in a few days before the game. Cheers. 

I don't want to give you duff information, but Portuguese games aren't as well attended as they are  elsewhere. A mate went last season and bought tickets on the day for Sporting and Porto. 

Good luck and pics please :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...