Paid Members johnnyboy Posted August 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 14, 2025 46 minutes ago, lanky316 said: It's not like Wembley Arena isn't a well known venue in its own right but I just don't get why it's so insistent on telling me I mean the other place no matter what I search for. Maybe Google is big on naming rights and won't accept its indy name. Quote
lanky316 Posted August 14, 2025 Posted August 14, 2025 I eventually got it hidden amongst various stadium related bits by tweaking the question repeatedly. I was after the first Asian act to headline Wembley Arena. As an example of the difficulties I was having - Of course, if there was some cello virtuoso or something that's not covered, but going by nation I think, maybe unsurprising in some ways it goes to India. Himesh Reshammiya in 2006 but "first Asian act to headline Wembley Arena" shouldn't have been that much of a faff. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted August 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 17, 2025 Pretty irrational but I can’t stand when businesses insist on their PO numbers starting with “PO” itself. ”Please use PO number : PO00145WANK789” The redundancy makes my brain itch. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted August 17, 2025 Posted August 17, 2025 25 minutes ago, air_raid said: Pretty irrational but I can’t stand when businesses insist on their PO numbers starting with “PO” itself. ”Please use PO number : PO00145WANK789” The redundancy makes my brain itch. Nah can't be having that - from a data perspective having those prefixes makes it so much easier to differentiate between the different document types in a database. You can search/filter on anything starting with "PO" (or SO, SINV, PINV, etc.) and immediately return all related entries in the database. The alternatives are to have different number sequences for each document type (which then relies on people remembering which is which) or the utter madness of just using the same sequence for every document type. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted August 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 17, 2025 4 hours ago, CTXRussomark said: Nah can't be having that - from a data perspective having those prefixes makes it so much easier to differentiate between the different document types in a database. Erm, sure. Internally when I put in a PO it saves as PO(number) in the database to differentiate everything within from an SO, WO, INV, SL, PIR or whatever. My customers just see an order number on their paperwork, they don’t see “SO” before it. Nor am I going to waste 2 precious keystrokes by instead of saying “use PO number SABLE469” for their doc, by adding on the superfluous “PO” so the supplier has some kind of double indemnity that the PO number I’m sending for the PO does in fact relate to a PO. It’s PIN Number revisited, buttery butter of the worst kind. …. I’m aware of the irony. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted August 17, 2025 Posted August 17, 2025 Drunk fuckwit on the bus absolutely shouting his conversation at some old woman opposite him today. Some of the low lights were "THERE PUTTING THEM ALL IN EXPENSIVE HOTELS AND GIVING THEM THOUSANDS OF POUNDS FOR NOTHING" and "WE NEED TO HAVE MORE RIOTS LIKE SOUTHPORT, THAT WILL FUCKING SHOW THEM." Amazed there was no Woke mentions or racist slurs. He might have got all them out of his system by then as I joined mid conversation. It wasn't really a conversation though he was just shouting this shit non stop at her. I might have felt sorry for her but the old bag was agreeing with him. Thankfully no kids or families were on the bus having to listen to this dickhead. I lasted about 4 minutes and decided walking home seemed the far better choice. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 17, 2025 It's depressing how emboldened these cunts have become. I was down on the Dorset coast the other week playing mini golf, the Red Arrows had done a fly by earlier in the day and some moron decided to strike up conversation by saying, "Of course, we wouldn't get the Red Arrows in Bournemouth anymore because the council spend all their money on immigrant hotels." Quote
Wideload90 Posted August 17, 2025 Posted August 17, 2025 I was sat having Nando's yesterday (don't judge me) and this bloke was live streaming his meal and constantly begging for more donations for some shit, thanking people for their contributions and generally sounding like a twat. "Fanx darlin come on people let's keep it goin". Put me off my half chicken. Hopefully the first and last time I encounter one of these goons in the wild. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 17, 2025 My wife got a free Ring Doorbell off her Sister. Her family are surveillance mad, with both her Nana/Uncle, her Parents and her Sister all having in-home cameras, outdoor cameras and ring doorbells. It’s weird and thankfully my wife has also taken the stance it’s weird so it’s never been a thing. She floated the idea of the ring doorbell to me a few weeks ago and I shot it down because I’m not deaf, I can hear the door. Also if we miss a parcel, then we miss a parcel and the delivery services already have methods for leaving with a neighbour/redelivering. Me being able to see a video of me missing a delivery is not useful and quite frankly I very much doubt the postie loves being recorded like it’s 1984 at every house he’s dropping a letter into. Anyway she brought this doorbell home anyway, whatever I’m not going to start a thing about it. I’m not installing it on my phone so she can faff on with it. Anyway I digress, my main annoyance is the revelation you need a subscription to get all the features. A fucking subscription to a doorbell. The world’s lost the plot. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted August 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 18, 2025 (edited) We've a eufy one in my elderly mam's house, cos she has an awful habit of taking cold callers at face value and signing up for all sorts of nonsense. No subscription and takes an SD card. Edited August 18, 2025 by DCW Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 18, 2025 We've got some shit one that we were gifted. The police knocked on the door one day to ask if it would have captured any footage of a car over the road being broken into. Had to admit we only have it on the setting that goes off when it's pressed because we face south and if we don't, it's "detection" feature goes off every 2 minutes detecting the sun. I'm consequently also paying about £16 a year for it to store videos in the cloud of the postie pressing our bell. Quote
Dai Posted August 18, 2025 Posted August 18, 2025 Amazon own Ring which explains them trying to rinse you for even more money. My annoyance is companies using "AI" to advertise things that really dont need it, as they think it makes the company sounds cool. It was the same years back when companies would put "i-" in front of stuff to make it sound great. There was an electric shaver which was called "i-Shave" or something as equally stupid a few years back, and it was by one of the big companies too. In the last day I have seen a beer advertising stand in Sainsburys say something like "Made using AI", and also seen an advert for smart sunglasses which are "AI powered". Plenty of car adverts seem to do it too. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted August 18, 2025 Moderators Posted August 18, 2025 I don't even have a doorbell. About 7 years about we had a doorbell that was on the same frequency as my neighbour's garage door and he kept seeing it off at like 5 in the morning. So i just binned it off and never replaced it. If I'm somewhere I can't hear a knock then the door's not getting answered. Quote
deathrey Posted August 18, 2025 Posted August 18, 2025 32 minutes ago, Dai said: In the last day I have seen a beer advertising stand in Sainsburys say something like "Made using AI", and also seen an advert for smart sunglasses which are "AI powered". Plenty of car adverts seem to do it too. I might be being stupid here, but is that not a disclaimer so people know they are now real or actual images? For example I've seen similar in Fashion and Beauty advertising and the disclaimer is there because trying to pass it off as actual human results is misleading and false advertising Quote
Dai Posted August 18, 2025 Posted August 18, 2025 Nah, not in this case, as it was part of the slogan. "Designed by AI, made with love" or something equally as shit. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.