Members SuperBacon Posted August 27, 2025 Members Posted August 27, 2025 This has unlocked a core memory of me as a young man on a train from London to Sheffield approaching a girl and telling her that she was sat in my seat. IIRC the ticket/tab on the back of the seat was against a bit of glass (the door partition?) so it looked like the seat behinds ticket. Anyway I tell her she's sitting in my seat, and she apologies. What wants to come out of my mouth is a really informal "Don't worry I made the same mistake earlier" as I'm young and she's attractive and as I'm an idiot I think "could be in here with a stranger on a train to Sheffield" But what comes out is a very jerky, shaky, uncool, broken voiced "Don't worry, I sade the mame sistake earlier" while my friend is dying in the background at what a twat I sound. I think my kids these days would refer to it as "-1000 aura points" He still reminds me of it to this day. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 27, 2025 The Ring Doorbell has been installed about a week now, but because I didn’t install the app on my phone it now means everyone is pressing it and not knocking, so I just will never know if anyone is at the door unless I join it or buy one of those ringers that you connect to it to chime in the house. My wife’s phone goes off every time someone walks past the house. Thankfully after nearly a week she muted the notifications. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 27, 2025 2 minutes ago, FLips said: My wife’s phone goes off every time someone walks past the house. Thankfully after nearly a week she muted the notifications. You can edit the distance so it doesn’t go off all the time. As I had this non stop the first few days I had mine. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 28, 2025 my great-uncle just posted a Facebook status starting "what is this country coming to?!", and I expected his usual brand of lazy bigotry, but instead it was a complaint about seeing Christmas products in the supermarket in August. I'm half-tempted to screenshot it so I can show him in it when he inevitably, as he does every year, starts posting about how products aren't allowed to say "Christmas" on them any more and how Christmas is banned so as not to offend the Muslims, and see if he can make sense of a world-view in which brands aren't allowed to acknowledge Christmas in December, but also rushing to get Christmas products out in August, and how the latter is still a bad thing. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 30, 2025 Rummaging around in my wash bag for deodorant earlier, caught my finger on my stupid 5 blade razor and cut a red lentil sized chunk of flesh out of it. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 30, 2025 Posted August 30, 2025 My sympathies, I've cut the tip of my finger on a razor before, but that first picture looks like something else. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 30, 2025 Members Posted August 30, 2025 That is absolutely horrific @gmoney I remember when a kid at school sliced off the top of his finger with the paper guillotine thing. Genuinely one of the worst things I've ever seen. Is it your arse wiping hand? Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 30, 2025 Looks like the inside of a Jammy Dodger. Proper rank. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 30, 2025 35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: That is absolutely horrific @gmoney I remember when a kid at school sliced off the top of his finger with the paper guillotine thing. Genuinely one of the worst things I've ever seen. Is it your arse wiping hand? Thankfully not. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 31, 2025 Posted August 31, 2025 I think I've posted here before about accidentally catching myself with my razor and taking off a chunk of nail that I had to put a plaster over for a few weeks until the affected part grew out. As a result, I've taken to always keeping the plastic guard on mine when not in use. Beyond that, you can get little rubbery pouches in Primark for about £2.50 that you can put the razor inside in the event you're putting it in a bag and approaching it blindly. Only trouble is that the blade end is facing out, not in - would be better if you could pull it out by the handle. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted August 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 31, 2025 12 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Is it your arse wiping hand? I love the way it immediately goes to “how is this gonna affect you having a shite?” UKFF 4 Life! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 31, 2025 Members Posted August 31, 2025 42 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: I love the way it immediately goes to “how is this gonna affect you having a shite?” UKFF 4 Life! I think the UKFF philosophy for life when considering anything should be: does this affect my arse wiping hand? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted August 31, 2025 Posted August 31, 2025 I like the method of measuring in lentils. “Firefighters are battling a blaze approximately 63 trillion lentils in size” Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted August 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 31, 2025 (edited) Talking of cuts, I stumbled out of the pub on Friday night and went on my arse whilst crossing the road, scraping the shite out of my right hand and both knees. I’ve just come home from the footy. Had a bit of a strop when West Ham’s second went in at the 88th, and as I went to leave, I fell down the last few steps of B block, going on my knees and hand again. As the stewards were helping me up to a chorus of sniggering and laughs, Forest conceded their third. Not a great weekend tbh. Spoiler Edited August 31, 2025 by Wretch Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 31, 2025 Members Posted August 31, 2025 22 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Is it your arse wiping hand? @Wretch Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.