davertfnewman Posted September 15, 2025 Posted September 15, 2025 I had a mate who had a piss next to Hunter from Gladiators once. Nothing to see. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2025 (edited) On 6/2/2025 at 11:16 AM, BomberPat said: Something I have noticed increasingly often, and I don't know if this is a London-specific thing, is people waiting at pelican crossings and never pressing the button. Just a crowd of people gathering at the side of a road, and none of them pressing it. So you feel like a prick walking through them to press it, but then the lights change a couple of seconds later. Do they not know, or do some of them assume that someone else must have already pressed it? It's getting like queuing at a pub levels of just assuming that huge swathes of the population have forgotten how society operates. Saw an egregious example of this yesterday. Walking up the road, about 2 minutes away from a crossing that I can see two guys standing at on either side of the road. I continue walking up and notice they're still there, which is odd as it's a pretty responsive set of lights. I get closer and realise that neither of them have pressed the button, they're both just looming there, looking frustrated, two idiots on opposite sides of the pavement. I get even closer and by now I'm inexplicably furious at them and by the time I reach the guy on my side I try and make a big show of pushing the button, and give it a good whack to make it as noisy as possible, but that draws no interest. The lights change immediately and we cross, both of them oblivious. I wonder how long they would have stood there? Edited September 19, 2025 by gmoney Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 20, 2025 Members Posted September 20, 2025 I've started ordering 24 bog rolls at a time and have some being delivered today. Down to very little roll left and had a big fat curry last night and need to have another shit (had 3 already) I could walk to the Spar and buy some but that seems a waste when I have 24 coming later, for a fraction of the price I'd pay there. I reckon I have some napkins I've nicked over a few months from canteens and restaurants that will tide me over. What a first world problem. Quote
deathrey Posted September 20, 2025 Posted September 20, 2025 Water to clean your bottom, then you just have to dry off with toilet paper Quote
davertfnewman Posted September 20, 2025 Posted September 20, 2025 Why is Liza Tarbuck still gainfully employed by Radio 2? She is a worse, far less endearing version of Sarah Kennedy. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2025 2 minutes ago, davertfnewman said: Why is Liza Tarbuck still gainfully employed by Radio 2? She is a worse, far less endearing version of Sarah Kennedy. Liza Tarbuck is great but if you listen to Radio 2 then you get what you deserve. Quote
davertfnewman Posted September 20, 2025 Posted September 20, 2025 Recovering listener - someone gave me a lift earlier with it on and I was like "She's still on?! Are her and Rylan's mom on permanent retainer?". Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 20, 2025 Members Posted September 20, 2025 1 hour ago, deathrey said: Water to clean your bottom, then you just have to dry off with toilet paper It's ok, I made it. I think this delivery sums me up Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2025 1 hour ago, davertfnewman said: Why is Liza Tarbuck still gainfully employed by Radio 2? She is a worse, far less endearing version of Sarah Kennedy. Rancid opinion Quote
davertfnewman Posted September 20, 2025 Posted September 20, 2025 It's not like she built up good stock with Watching, plus had too much of an overinflated opinion of herself to fill Denise Van Outen's shoes on the Big Breakfast. Her dad's far more likeable. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted September 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2025 After her turn on Taskmaster she gets a pass from me! Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2025 40 minutes ago, davertfnewman said: It's not like she built up good stock with Watching, plus had too much of an overinflated opinion of herself to fill Denise Van Outen's shoes on the Big Breakfast. Her dad's far more likeable. She was much better on TBB that Van Outen in my opinion. Much funnier. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted September 20, 2025 Posted September 20, 2025 Pop ups while streaming, currently watching All Out on the Firestick web browser downstairs and every 20-30 seconds a massive pop up covers the screen that takes 2-3 clicks to get rid of, taking out my interest in the show Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 21, 2025 5 hours ago, davertfnewman said: It's not like she built up good stock with Watching, plus had too much of an overinflated opinion of herself to fill Denise Van Outen's shoes on the Big Breakfast. Her dad's far more likeable. Her dad's a notorious Tory cunt. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted September 23, 2025 Posted September 23, 2025 Im sure I posted it before but phones in TV and films being so unrealistic. Was watching Marching Powder last night, don't judge me, and Dani got asked to join a group chat and she picked the phone the guys up and seemed to press literally 4 buttons and she'd joined it even though he didnt have her number or that. At least be realistic about it! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.