Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2025 Liza always sounds half-pissed on Radio 2, I have a lot of time for her. But then I only hear her show once in a blue moon. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 23, 2025 Posted September 23, 2025 Uber Eats trying to pick up my order, then someone else, then someone else, then someone else, then they fucking cancel it. Wouldn't mind but it's usually when the kids have asked for something and then I have to make them wait even longer. Shit system. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2025 (edited) The amount of shite popping up and taking up screen space on practically every single website that has news articles. I don’t encounter this too much these days, hence this being a ‘minor’ annoyance. But whenever I go on one of these sites or click a link to a news site for anything, I’m immediately bombarded by pop ups, adverts playing on the page (with sound!) and you can’t find the X to click it off, massive photos or ads between every paragraph that aren’t even relating to the article that you have to scroll past etc. Then eventually there’s that much crap on the screen either the page crashes or I just give up and close it because no article is worth the hassle of all that. Awful. Maybe there’s something I can install to eliminate this but I won’t do it. I’ll just forget about it until it happens all over again. Edited September 23, 2025 by wandshogun09 Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 23, 2025 Members Posted September 23, 2025 If there are things you wanna read @wandshogun09 you can take the URL, whack it through archive.is which takes all the ads away (also works for most paywalled stuff) Be careful though, that cookie shit makes me nervoussshhhhh. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted September 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2025 My local newspaper, which had always used one of those frustratingly bad ad-heavy Reach websites that Wand is talking about has now moved onto the (I’m sure criminal) “Pay us to reject cookies or fuck off” models. So I’ve fucked off. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 24, 2025 Posted September 24, 2025 I'll moan about this every time it happens but cunts who play their music out loud from their phones on public transport. Like how self centred and fucking ignorant do you need to be to think the entire bus or train carriage wants to listen to your shite. Fuck right off. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2025 Even worse, people playing Tiktoks/Reels really loudly. Seems to have overtaken music on the public transport I’m on. Quote
davertfnewman Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 I got to hear Dana White and Joe Rogan hosting the press conference for that boxing match on one of my train journeys a week or so back regardless of whether I wanted to at all. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 8 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: Even worse, people playing Tiktoks/Reels really loudly. Seems to have overtaken music on the public transport I’m on. I was at a football match a couple of weeks ago and the young lad (maybe 5-6 years old) sat behind me spent the entire game watching AI voiced adverts on Tiktok. Maddening. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 Really petty but someone at work keeps using 24 hour time AND putting am/pm and it's just not necessary. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2025 When did people stop putting the phone to their ear? See them walking around all the time with the phone on speaker these days. Baffles me. Even more so, we were in a restaurant a couple of weeks ago and two young girls were having dinner. One went off to the bathroom or something and the other one then made or took a call on speaker. I dunno why you'd want everyone to hear your call, or how she could even hear most of it with the music and chatter. If only there was a really convenient way to hear it straight down your ear? Quote
lars85 Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Really petty but someone at work keeps using 24 hour time AND putting am/pm and it's just not necessary. I think I've mentioned it before but this ties in. The lyric in Moonlight Shadow that goes "Four AM in the morning". Should have been "Four o'clock in the morning". Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 25, 2025 Members Posted September 25, 2025 (edited) 32 minutes ago, lars85 said: I think I've mentioned it before but this ties in. The lyric in Moonlight Shadow that goes "Four AM in the morning". Should have been "Four o'clock in the morning". Bev got it right ?Four o clock in the morning and it's starting to get light ? Edit: And old Bert! ? Four o clock in the fucking morning! ? Edited September 25, 2025 by SuperBacon Proper shit band them Quote
Tamura Posted September 25, 2025 Posted September 25, 2025 16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: I'll moan about this every time it happens but cunts who play their music out loud from their phones on public transport. Like how self centred and fucking ignorant do you need to be to think the entire bus or train carriage wants to listen to your shite. Fuck right off. Fight fire with fire. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 26, 2025 Members Posted September 26, 2025 This was parked up in the village last night and me and my eldest saw it as we were driving past. Initially I thought "oh fairly niche business and a good alternative" but then saw it on a local Facebook group this morning and it says NOT vegan friendly. Which you absolutely cannot see as you drive past. So you'd probably have a load of people who'd see the very bright vegan sign and then rock up and be disappointed. And not attract a load of people who'd just see that bit and not want a vegan burger. Such small dick energy. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.