Dai Posted September 29, 2025 Posted September 29, 2025 A super minor annoyance, but does any other radio station other than Radio 2 finish off their shows by thanking individual members of the production team? Not sure why they do it, and surely no one gives a shit about doing a verbal credits list on a radio show you've just listened to. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 29, 2025 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: This genuinely might be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. I'm actually angry. I felt the same! Still, I'm sure it was a big hit with everyone who remembers what pubs were like before 1890. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted September 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 29, 2025 At the coca, coca whatever, every single bloke is called Trevor. Quote
Rossman Posted September 29, 2025 Posted September 29, 2025 1 hour ago, Dai said: A super minor annoyance, but does any other radio station other than Radio 2 finish off their shows by thanking individual members of the production team? Not sure why they do it, and surely no one gives a shit about doing a verbal credits list on a radio show you've just listened to. Radio 4 / 4Extra do this, but they are plays, sitcoms, comedy shows Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 30, 2025 Posted September 30, 2025 Things that are referred to as being "famous on TikTok." That's the best thing about them? Just saw a headline about Highland Cows that are apparently seen on TikTok. Fuck off. Quote
Rossman Posted October 1, 2025 Posted October 1, 2025 On 9/26/2025 at 12:45 PM, HarmonicGenerator said: Our street have a WhatsApp group (and paper newsletter, and street AGMs) and they are all entirely obsessed with the bins. It’s the only thing I’ve ever seen any of them write about in the three years we’ve lived there. I was asked if I wanted to join the WhatsApp earlier this year and I couldn’t politely decline fast enough. I’m now worried about getting caught every time I take the rubbish out. This is me to a degree... We still have black bin bags for rubbish and green bin bags for recycling. But we pay the council £50 a year for our brown wheelie bin to be collected twice a month for garden waste. Few weeks ago, I put the bin out the night before collection. It was only half full with grass clippings but they needed disposing of. In the morning, I found some more rubbish to put in it. Lifted the lift. Bloody bin was rammed full of tree branches. Double checked it was actually my bin. Yep. Some fucker had been up and down the street at night checking the bins for space. Then covertly went out filling it up. They hold 250 litres, so must have been 100 litres of their garden waste dumped in there. Main issue was they could have put anything in there. And then the bin men refuse to take it and I would have a been lumbered with someone else's shit. And the bins have house numbers on them. So just ask if you can use it, as it could have saved someone a trip to the tip. I went on the towns Facebook page ranting, but got no response... Quote
King Coconut Posted October 1, 2025 Posted October 1, 2025 25 minutes ago, Rossman said: I went on the towns Facebook page ranting, but got no response. That'll probably be because absolutely no harm was done. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted October 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 1, 2025 On 9/27/2025 at 7:31 PM, King Coconut said: I can't fathom why anybody would want to be in a neighbourhood WhatsApp. Personally it’s because the wife likes to know whether the sirens are for a drugs bust or just a party getting out of hand. Quote
deathrey Posted October 1, 2025 Posted October 1, 2025 I think it depends where you live and what's going on there too. Where my parents live for example is surrounding by woods and the people in their estate essentially takes care of the woods because the council won't, they do clean up, repairs of fences, keeps an eye out for (in assuming) kids setting fires and vandalism etc and they have a WhatsApp group for the estate but the Woods maintenance is what's most talked about. Oh and updates on people spotting a deer in there. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted October 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2025 Coffee shops that brew warm (not hot lattes) and provide sugar cubes. Cue spending five minutes stirring until I can’t hear the cube hitting the bottom of my cup any more… Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted October 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 4, 2025 Inconsistency with censoring brands/perceived advertising on American reality telly. I don’t get what the rules are, and it always comes across as unnecessary either way. Sometimes it’s as simple as “why is the car badge censored on the characters car but not the McDonalds M as they stop to pick up a burger” but often it’s downright baffling. Most recent example I saw : multiple stories happening in Ireland. Lots of conversations about Guinness, lots of instances of characters drinking Guinness. Woman shown at the bar ordering “Two pints of Guinness please.” Sits down - Guinness logo blurred out on the glasses. What the fuck does that achieve?? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 7, 2025 Members Posted October 7, 2025 Just came across the out of office message: I am on maternity leave until such and such date and am likely to return in this month when daddy takes over the childcare. Its the daddy that has thrown me. It hasn't annoyed me, and it's quite sweet (as is the person) but it's quite informal for a message isn't it? Think I'm just being too cynical. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted October 7, 2025 Posted October 7, 2025 5 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Just came across the out of office message: I am on maternity leave until such and such date and am likely to return in this month when daddy takes over the childcare. Its the daddy that has thrown me. It hasn't annoyed me, and it's quite sweet (as is the person) but it's quite informal for a message isn't it? Think I'm just being too cynical. Noted. Quote
deathrey Posted October 7, 2025 Posted October 7, 2025 5 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Just came across the out of office message: I am on maternity leave until such and such date and am likely to return in this month when daddy takes over the childcare. Its the daddy that has thrown me. It hasn't annoyed me, and it's quite sweet (as is the person) but it's quite informal for a message isn't it? Think I'm just being too cynical. No, the additional quip is unprofessional and unnecessary. Your child care provisions don't really have a place in an out of office email. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted October 7, 2025 Posted October 7, 2025 If it's from someone you work with and they've only set that as their internal out of office response, I don't see anything wrong with that. Bit weird if it's from someone external though. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.