Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted November 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2025 14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said: I feel a minor annoyance at the way American's say they 'beat' a videogame, whereas we would just say 'completed it'. As a kid it was always beat round here. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted November 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2025 9 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I've noticed a LOT recently of watching things and them ordering and saying "Can I do the chicken burger" etc. Can I do??? Utter, utter cunts. Woman I work with said the other day “I’ve never done oysters” when she meant she’d never eaten them. Silent fuming. Quote
Tamura Posted November 3, 2025 Posted November 3, 2025 The amount of people I used to be friends with who have turned out to be fascists. I don't just mean the occasional one that posts something anti-immigrant whenever something like Southport happens, I'm sure we all have former friends like that. In the mid-90s I was close friends with Sharif Abdel Gawad, who stood as a BNP candidate, despite the BNP membership not being particularly happy about his ethnic background. He used to hate racist twats like the BNP with a passion, so how he went down that path is difficult to understand. Last night I was reading about the Traditional Britain Group's xmas party geting cancelled and I saw a familar face, that of Pete North (not the porn star). As well as going to the same club I knew Sharif from, I also knew him in the free party scene in the 2000s, a scene which is generally very diverse and welcoming to anyone from any background. How he goes from there to being a guest speaker at the TBG's xmas party is another mystery, Is it just a case of people becoming more right-wing as they get older, or do I just attract arseholes despite not being shy about my anti-fascist politics? Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted November 3, 2025 Moderators Posted November 3, 2025 (edited) It might be that your appearance makes people think you're cool with stuff you're definitely not cool with. I think a lot of people also political issues as very binary. So there's probably problems you agree with people on and they makes a leap and assume you agree with what they see as the solution also..? Edited November 3, 2025 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Tamura Posted November 3, 2025 Posted November 3, 2025 (edited) 6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: It might be that your appearance makes people think you're cool with stuff you're definitely not cool with. Probably, it wouldn't be the first time. Anyway second annoyance for the day. Bought some bus tickets on the transdev website a couple of days ago using my desktop. Go to activate them before getting on the bus (don't get me started on tickets that are only valid for 15 minutes after you activate them), turns out I need to download the app. Search on Google Play Store (naturally transdev couldn't bother providing me with a working link), get told "This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android". So end up buying a ticket from the driver. Email transdev asking for a refund on my useless tickets bought online, get asked "Please can you advised of the payment option used to purchase the ticket". This is despite the fact I forwarded the ticket purchase email saying I'd paid by debit card. I reply saying debit card, no reply or refund yet. What sort of useless company sells tickets outside of an app that you need an app to actually use when their app isn't even compatible with current Android phones? Edited November 3, 2025 by Tamura Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted November 10, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted November 10, 2025 We ordered a new oven, as the current one is starting to fall apart and makes a weird grinding noise whenever you turn it on. Today the new oven was arriving and would be installed. My work doesn't like working-from-home but I managed to get a WFH day, and Mrs HG is off, so we could get everything ready, wrangle the cat, etc. The delivery arrived two hours earlier than expected. The delivery was a washing machine. Not an oven. A washing machine. Luckily they discovered this before the old oven was removed. Minor annoyance. But an annoying minor annoyance. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 10, 2025 Posted November 10, 2025 Probably picked by the same people that deal with replacement items on supermarket deliveries. "Sorry we're out of stock of sausages. Have some toilet rolls!" Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 10, 2025 We had a grocery delivery the other week that contained about half of what we ordered, no replacements, no email or message ahead of time to say "hey, you might want to cancel this order, we've got absolutely none of the main ingredients for all the meals you've planned this week". I managed to get it all refunded in the end, which was something at least. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted November 10, 2025 Posted November 10, 2025 On that note, Tesco seem to have changed the way you report issues with grocery deliveries and it's now such a faff that they've twice missed items from my order recently (but still included them as part of the delivered items) and I've not even bothered submitting them as it was taking so long, which I'm sure was their plan all along. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 10, 2025 Just now, CTXRussomark said: On that note, Tesco seem to have changed the way you report issues with grocery deliveries and it's now such a faff that they've twice missed items from my order recently (but still included them as part of the delivered items) and I've not even bothered submitting them as it was taking so long, which I'm sure was their plan all along. I have this a lot at work. I work in sportswear and we get deliveries everyday from Joma, Nike, Adidas etc. And every one of them has overhauled their complaints/returns systems over the past few years so reporting an item is missing requires providing an invoice number, an order number, a delivery note, photographic proof (that something isn't there??) and going through around 45 minutes of broken laggy menus that often take you back to the begining everytime you try to move onto the next section. As such, we usually just end up ordering the missing item again and taking the financial hit rather than wasting hours I don't have on correcting their fuck-up. It's absolutely intentional - one of the Joma reps has told us as much. God forbid the multi-billion pound company loses £20! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 10, 2025 Members Posted November 10, 2025 One of my colleagues keeps saying "don't put x on a pedal stool" Doing my nut in. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 10, 2025 Posted November 10, 2025 14 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: One of my colleagues keeps saying "don't put x on a pedal stool" Doing my nut in. Hate that. Just call it Twitter. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted November 10, 2025 Posted November 10, 2025 17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: One of my colleagues keeps saying "don't put x on a pedal stool" Doing my nut in. I have a colleague who says about things being “in the right ballmark” Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted November 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 11, 2025 “Argos? They only sell toys.” ….. literally nobody in the country thinks this. Fuck off. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted November 11, 2025 Posted November 11, 2025 4 hours ago, air_raid said: “Argos? They only sell toys.” ….. literally nobody in the country thinks this. Fuck off. If anything I'd say it's gone in the opposite direction where people are far more likely to look at Argos for furniture, kitchenware, bedroom items etc than they would be for toys these days. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.