Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted
8 hours ago, air_raid said:

Ah, that’s how it starts.

My new line manager is a total wally - for many reasons, but not only is she is a “should of” moron, but she’s one of those idiots that likes to promise she’ll “revert” instead of reply. That one is absolutely terrifying me, that it will become one of those cases where so many people use it wrongly, they’ll put it in the dictionary and it will become “correct.”

An old line manager mixed malapropisms and business bullshit:
- "I've got some information I need to download."

- "Let's take that offline."

- "We need to get more Pacific."

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

It's not people sounding thick, it's just a way of speaking based on where you were bought up as Chest mentioned. I know plenty of people who say that or things like "Where was you?" etc and they're definitely not thick.

Brought up.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not sure why this has annoyed me quite so much, but Scott Mills on Radio 2 just said, in all sincerity, 'top tip - watch Christmas films on the BBCiPlayer as there's no annpying adverts!' There's no adverts on the BBC anyway and you'd think Scott Mills (who has been employed by the BBC since 1998 and fronts one of it's biggest radio shows) would know that.

Ah I'm grumpy this morning.

Posted

Thing is, there are adverts on the BBC, but obviously all of them for other BBC stuff. Can't turn Alexa on for local radio or Radio 5 without having a BBC ident or trailer for something or other, or 'did you know you can do XYZ with the BBC' on Alexa.

iPLayer has them too before many of their shows - admittedly not during - and you can skip them, but definitely before 

 

As an aside to this, our work internet system is fed through somewhere in Europe, so whilst I'm at work sites like BBC sport do have adverts on them (and you cant watch footy highlights or other certain videos due to geographical copyright restrictions!)

Posted

I’m fine with there being ads if I’m not paying anything for it, it’s the fact that they just have the same half dozen or so adverts on at any one time. Dominic West shouting “CHAMPAGNE!” every 15 minutes or so is doing my nut in

  • Members
Posted

Someone knocking the door while you're in the bath/shower.

I just had to get out the shower dripping wet and shout out my bedroom window at the postman "Just leave it on the doorstep mate" and he laughed at me, quite rightly.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ring Doorbells in general are just another symptom of the perpetual need to be online and know everybody's business. I never wanted one but after much protest (which I've mentioned on here before) ended up with one. Yes you can see who's at the door, yes it's easy to ignore salespeople now, but also now every single time there's a noise or a car or people talking outside the house, there's an insatiable need to get my phone out and just be a nosy cunt.

It probably says more about me than about the ring doorbell, but my initial point stands. My internet went out in a powercut the other day and so my doorbell didn't work. Stupid.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...