Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted

'Rest bite'. It's respite. If you are working for an organisation that puts put national advertising surely someone should be proof reading to make sure you get such a key word right? It hardly inspires confidence in people who are expecting you to provide care for their loved ones if you can't even get the word right.

  • Members
Posted
51 minutes ago, deathrey said:

'Rest bite'. It's respite. If you are working for an organisation that puts put national advertising surely someone should be proof reading to make sure you get such a key word right? It hardly inspires confidence in people who are expecting you to provide care for their loved ones if you can't even get the word right.

Sounds like a good fit for this :)

 

 

Posted (edited)

If, in 2025, you're still the type of person who shouts out "Run Forrest, run" when someone starts running, you can fuck off. Especially if you look around waiting for approval and a pat on the back. 

This may or may not have something to do with an idiot at work.

Edited by lars85
.
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Notifications that won't disappear. I've got one on my work Teams that's been there for about a week. If you click on it, it doesn't highlight anything new or take you to something. Earlier on I clicked on absolutely everything in that section to see if it would shift it, no avail. Double clicking does nowt. Right clicking brings up an unrelated menu. I am at a loss.

image.png.01a3865f69614fd14ea23e5c9dd096fc.png

image.png.bebc5db94d5e732838559def5057c357.png

 

image.png.fa8c4ea3d72e4b57292955725cdc53de.pngimage.png.ccd9d4488bb397227f704b9d20f3d6a5.pngimage.png.03ed8594d76249eecae2fc9cd4d291b4.pngimage.png.b2b5d949c4f9f78184bbfaaeacc602cf.pngimage.png.e421d94a96f55022b346aca2cc15d6c7.pngimage.png.da3a451daeb5625ca678d171480621d9.pngimage.png.bd45e32b4aae9e77a6f3ee3d7746814c.pngimage.png.51b6427f94915edfe01645b301f977ab.pngimage.png.e7e939052eac4f59e213d888cde9cf7f.pngimage.png.3d694f84045cbcb619d2209bbdd27dfb.pngimage.png.91979b0735a312d8bedd6fd243140fef.pngimage.png.6fc054172b2b9a9995af55c22d1b6470.pngimage.png.e4736c64d43334702180ded4a3cdb0e0.pngimage.png.206264be14be4ed0076ab8e1c14c6437.pngimage.png.61da839b209b371431fcc3a66aa9af36.pngimage.png.61502d2684e8befccc688ecd9250d762.pngimage.png.f3e8fb5ceaf6240070af731bad00ae90.pngimage.png.59ba126d777db120b98f10fa6dfe6dfa.pngimage.png.cdbbdf414898f592a9c90636cef4f682.pngimage.png.cddaef0074b6c8420fd9d75465683e24.pngimage.png.e01a814b7b7c2dbd7ca5cc62a911c0ce.pngimage.png.07098cfd13ee60a0859fcaab55a57dc2.pngimage.png.d41a763fcbe8f60b495be3d5be09af4b.pngimage.png.296e3e703f1e8489846cf12a0a37d972.pngimage.png.b4f5c59deb5e9c485241386bba87423d.pngimage.png.21d7f832d2021dc71ef970d30a13c0c8.pngimage.png.282e7f8c1bd35c00f88fba1e35e5f7ad.pngimage.png.b4540ebbd402d0f174593aa184f4dcc0.pngimage.png.e9f9c6fb312a4703cfe88e69fae8e892.pngimage.png.cd106f82a0f70c3e4f8b8fa7af7bfd33.pngimage.png.b118490a175d613de50cb8d0ea6681f4.pngimage.png.9f0ad03f060fc5be7c3efce44feafa34.pngimage.png.4638348c12a3bd7d6c28c1f3821eb50d.pngimage.png.a79988fc6bc3c616215e4bd56af4d4e7.pngimage.png.eeca99381a743a77f241c3508a5dbb48.pngimage.png.da10eb2ff2aafdd69627191dbac142a4.png

Edited by gmoney
  • Members
Posted

I had this for ages, and I think I cleared it by opening the chat tab, 3 dots at the top and then using 'Mark all as read'

Godspeed @gmoney

I have one from today. My manager is really lovely but she'll have a tendency to get distracted while we're on a call, write an email, respond to someone else etc, and I'm sat there in silence for bloody ages.

Today we were working on a document together (which I fucking hate as I really can't work that way 'live') and she went from "Right so point 17.4..." and then did some other bits for around 3 or 4 minutes, and in the end I had to intervene as it became painful, with a "Right so where did we get to"

If I'm on a call with you, you have my undivided attention (apart from Seinfeld in the background) please show me the same courtesy.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Half an hour into training this morning. Step one is to download a Remote Desktop link and log in. One trainer over teams trying to get five people to do this. Trainer has asked everyone to follow the steps at the same pace. This is not happening. Two people already had it installed and were chatting loudly about what the password is (not yet provided), two of us unable to get that far due to incorrect administrator privileges. The final person still stuck trying to click the embedded link on the word document. With increasing levels of frustration, repeating the question “it says control and click to open the link, but which one’s click? Where’s click? Where’s click?? I’ve got control where’s click?” 
 

I hate everyone. 

Edited by JLM
  • Paid Members
Posted
48 minutes ago, JLM said:

 Where’s click? Where’s click?? I’ve got control where’s click?” 

Me sorting out my DVDs in 2008

Posted

It's Diwali tomorrow so likely to be more of the same from people who have nothing better to do. Luckily it's pissed it down with torrential rain all day to day so no fireworks here

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...