Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 (edited) The 'because you watched x, you might like y' bit on streaming platforms. What do you mean, because I've watched Alien Resurrection I might like Aliens? Don't you think I've already watched that you big idiot? Useless. Edited September 26, 2025 by Lorne Malvo Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 (edited) Calling it the "Vegan Conversion Wagon" comes across as such a fucking right-wing Little Englander dickhead move. "Hur-hur, dis wiw wind up da tree-huggaz, hur hur hur." The big giveaway: the stickers saying "As seen on Clarkson's Farm" combined with "Eat Pigs, Not Twigs". EDIT: In response to SuperBacon's post. Edited September 26, 2025 by Carbomb Phil Stamp Quote
deathrey Posted September 26, 2025 Posted September 26, 2025 (edited) I saw someone on our local (fairly racist) Facebook group calling an electric car a Vegan car the other day. Looked at his FB page and surprise surprise, he was a flag nonce Edited September 26, 2025 by deathrey Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 26, 2025 Members Posted September 26, 2025 2 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Calling it the "Vegan Conversion Wagon" comes across as such a fucking right-wing Little Englander dickhead move. "Hur-hur, dis wiw wind up da tree-huggaz, hur hur hur." The big giveaway: the stickers saying "As seen on Clarkson's Farm" combined with "Eat Pigs, Not Twigs". EDIT: In response to SuperBacon's post. And this is what I don't understand. If they were just a normal burger van I would absolutely have got one (not last night, we were in chippy tea mode) but I definitely wouldn't buy a burger from such cunts now (yes yes I'm sure all the food proprietors I buy from share my ideologies) And as mentioned surely they get loads of vegans who when they get up close are disappointed and go elsewhere. Genuinely might look up whether they had permission to be there as I am that petty ? Outside our beautiful ruins as well! The past Earls of Winchester would not be amused. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 26, 2025 Moderators Posted September 26, 2025 5 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: The 'because you watched x, you might like y' bit on streaming platorms. What do you mean, because I've watched Alien Resurrection I might like Aliens? Don't you think I've already watched that you big idiot? Useless. Tesco app does something similar that really gets my goat. As you're going through to checkout it will pop up a list of stuff you regularly order and ask if you've forgotten something you need. This is a useful feature, and does help me out. However if you've already got the thing in your basket, it still shows it on the list. So I'll get a message saying "have you forgotten milk?" And the first thing on the list below is "- milk - 3 in basket". Absolutely not a major issue but really winds me up inordinately when I see it every time. Also with that stupid burger truck, they're called smash burgers, not smashed burgers. You could argue that they should be called smashed burgers. But they're not. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: And as mentioned surely they get loads of vegans who when they get up close are disappointed and go elsewhere. And they probably find that hilarious and count it as a win, without being smart enough to realise that if vegans are mistakenly thinking they're a vegan place, then presumably so are a large chunk of their meat-loving target audience, who are just going to drive on by rather than stopping. It's just such bollocks. The most tired joke in the world is "how do you know someone's vegan? Don't worry, they'll tell you", when no vegan I know has ever been as fragile, preachy or precious as these cunts and the like who post "BACON THO" or "MY FOOD EATS YOUR FOOD" in the comments of any post or article that remotely mentions veganism. Cunts. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: This was parked up in the village last night and me and my eldest saw it as we were driving past. Initially I thought "oh fairly niche business and a good alternative" but then saw it on a local Facebook group this morning and it says NOT vegan friendly. Which you absolutely cannot see as you drive past. So you'd probably have a load of people who'd see the very bright vegan sign and then rock up and be disappointed. And not attract a load of people who'd just see that bit and not want a vegan burger. Such small dick energy. That just seems like the shittest advertising imaginable. Putting off meat eaters who think it's vegan and then having to deal with vegans who turn up and find it's not. Just the worst business sense. 2 minutes ago, deathrey said: LI saw someone on our local (fairly racist) Facebook group calling an electric car a Vegan car the other day. Looked at his FB page and surprise surprise, he was a flag nonce They're insane. Most of these people are constantly banging on about how electric cars aren't any more sustainable because of the batteries or lack of resale or whatever else. To call them "vegan" just flies in the face of that. If these numpties could ever make and present a coherent argument, they might get somewhere with whatever their issue is. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 26, 2025 Moderators Posted September 26, 2025 Local fb groups are not a place anyone in their right mind should be. Also you don't need to mention that yours is racist, that's redundant because they all are. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 (edited) It's seriously stupid. I can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't buy a burger from them on the basis of their advertising. I'm an omnivore, but that doesn't mean I hate or look down upon vegans or vegetarians, or consider them "the enemy". Also, it's only burgers. The vast majority of burgers I've ever had have never been a supreme dining experience. They're delicious and very satisfying, and hit a lot of the dopamine receptors, but I've never had one, even from a gourmet place, that had me thinking "This is why I won't give up meat". I could walk past that truck for somewhere less cuntish, and not feel like I've missed out. Hell, I'd probably find a place just as good. Edited September 26, 2025 by Carbomb Paul Ince Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 26, 2025 Members Posted September 26, 2025 1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said: Local fb groups are not a place anyone in their right mind should be. Also you don't need to mention that yours is racist, that's redundant because they all are. I wasn't even part of this group, and I only scroll Facebook to look at the snack and crisp groups I'm in (yes really) but somehow the SWANMORE CHAT ROOM made its way into my feed. 5 minutes ago, BomberPat said: BACON THO" or "MY FOOD EATS YOUR FOOD" in the comments of any post or article that remotely mentions veganism. Cunts. Not that I would but I avoid any of these comment sections for obvious reasons. I remember once being quote tweeted by little Tommy and every comment was "Bacon ??? bet Muslims would love you as a neighbour!" Well, probably. I'm very quiet and keep myself to myself. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 My other half is in the estate WhatsApp chat, and it's insufferable. Our estate is a bunch of four-floor blocks of flats, some flats rented, some owned, and until a couple of months ago they wouldn't let us poor common renters in the group chat. There's the usual fairly valid stuff of complaining about fly tipping, the state of communal spaces, cost of repairs and so on, but it's all completely wrapped up in nonsense. It's technically two estates, with gates to enter from either side, and no way to drive through from one side to the other, but you can walk through, and it would cut a good 20 minutes or more off your journey to do that. The gates for cars or pedestrian access aren't locked, anyone can get in. That's the way it works, always has done. But the same four or five people complain constantly about how the gates should be locked, how they're sick of people using it as thoroughfare, trying to report every time they see someone they don't recognise, or see anyone walking through. It's a public footpath, you pricks. And you don't live in a gated community, no matter how much you want to. That's how it worked when you bought the place, it's not changing - or if it does, there'll need to be security, and you'll only complain about it costing more. The worst of them are "this group of men were smoking near the bins" or "I keep seeing unfamiliar cars pull up and wait around, they're clearly dealing drugs/casing flats for robberies". Or maybe they're fucking Uber drivers? Or someone picking up a mate? And so what if someone's smoking around the bins, they're the fucking bins. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 26, 2025 Members Posted September 26, 2025 4 minutes ago, BomberPat said: And so what if someone's smoking around the bins, they're the fucking bins. I'll be honest, the estate I grew up on, the bin sheds were THE place to be. From burning wrestlers with cans of deodorant and a lighter to first kisses and fumbles, to smoking, the bin sheds were a fantastic place. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 12 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Local fb groups are not a place anyone in their right mind should be. I run a grassroots football club. It's a necessary evil. Like being on Facebook and Twitter in the first place. They are full of horrible people. Mostly just expected but occasionally sad when it's someone you actually know. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 one thing I'll say for Facebook is that it's killed the old idea that anonymity was what made people act like dickheads on the internet, because it's full of people with their full name, age, photo, location, job, and pictures of their kids and dog on full display saying the most bigoted shit you've ever heard. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2025 19 minutes ago, BomberPat said: one thing I'll say for Facebook is that it's killed the old idea that anonymity was what made people act like dickheads on the internet, because it's full of people with their full name, age, photo, location, job, and pictures of their kids and dog on full display saying the most bigoted shit you've ever heard. Always depressing seeing some knobber slating women's football with a picture of their wife and daughters in their profile. What a life they have living with someone who has so little understanding or care for representation and aspiration. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.