Paid Members hallicks Posted August 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2025 4 hours ago, gmoney said: One of the cubicle doors in the toilet in my office opens up the other way to the others. If I ever use it, without fail I push it the wrong way and have a split second of panic that I'm stuck in a bog at work. Before they removed the urinals during the refurb (because WOKE probably amirite etc), the taps in the gents at work were activated by turning them the wrong way. As in, righty-loosey instead of lefty-loosey. I would forget every time and shake my head in disgust at whoever installed them. Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 There's a pub near me that had a small gents comprised of a stall, a urinal and a sink, so potentially two people could be doing their respective business at the same time, except for the fact that at some point the stall walls broke and came down, meaning you had a toilet effectively in one part of the room on its own. Not a problem if you just want to piss while another bloke is pissing, but I'd hate to think someone went in there for an on show shit. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 12, 2025 Members Posted August 12, 2025 18 minutes ago, davertfnewman said: but I'd hate to think someone went in there for an on show shit. This man didn't care. Quote
Just Some Guy Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 Not really what this thread is for but carrying on the current conversation. I was using a urinal at work the other day when two blokes came in having a work conversation, went into different cubicles but carried on talking to each other. That's not right, is it? Quote
davertfnewman Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 You could walk in having a row and you put it on pause while you piss, no talking in the gents - this isn't the ladies. Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted August 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2025 The cubicle doors at my last job used to open outwards rather than inwards, and one day the bloke in the cubicle next to me slammed his door so violently that mine unlocked and swung open exposing me to the poor soul washing his hands opposite. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2025 the etiquette of toilet conversations is that the absolute most you say to someone is some variation of, "alright?". Weirdly, you do this even if the person you're addressing has been sat at the same table as you for the entire night. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 13, 2025 Members Posted August 13, 2025 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: the etiquette of toilet conversations is that the absolute most you say to someone is some variation of, "alright?". Weirdly, you do this even if the person you're addressing has been sat at the same table as you for the entire night. I prefer a "here he is!" as you pass each other in and out of the toilets. Quote
CavemanLynn Posted August 13, 2025 Posted August 13, 2025 31 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I prefer a "here he is!" as you pass each other in and out of the toilets. I prefer "One in, one out." If the gents is busy, "Full house?" or "All the stars are here." I am a delight. Quote
King Coconut Posted August 13, 2025 Posted August 13, 2025 I was at the urinal at work once thinking I was alone and having a little sing-song under my breath when a colleague, apparently shitting with the door ajar, joins in with me. Take care out there people! Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted August 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2025 Just now, King Coconut said: I was at the urinal at work once thinking I was alone and having a little sing-song under my breath when a colleague, apparently shitting with the door ajar, joins in with me. Take care out there people! And this is why we fought the Bosch twice in the last century. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2025 speaking of toilet-based minor annoyances, why do so many blokes not bother to lock the door if they're pissing in a cubicle? All you're doing is guaranteeing the double whammy of having a door opened into your back and arse, and an awkward "oh sorry" from someone who's made to feel like they're the prick for quite reasonably assuming that an unlocked door means the cubicle is empty. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted August 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2025 49 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: And this is why we fought the Bosch twice in the last century. Boche Unless you're referring to your previous DIY efforts Quote
cobra_gordo Posted August 13, 2025 Posted August 13, 2025 19 hours ago, davertfnewman said: I'd hate to think someone went in there for an on show shit. May I present to you the toilet at CBGB in New York. Not so much on show as "Behold, the turd throne". At least @Steve Justice would have his back to the crowd. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 13, 2025 Members Posted August 13, 2025 3 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said: May I present to you the toilet at CBGB in New York. Not so much on show as "Behold, the turd throne". At least @Steve Justice would have his back to the crowd. That looks like it would be the most stressful environment to poo in ever. Not for me Clive. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.