Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 31, 2025 Posted July 31, 2025 31 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Didn’t think of that tbh. I’m gonna try that then as we do have a stadium tour booked in a few days before the game. Cheers. Noted Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted August 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2025 21 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: There was talk about booking fees in here the other day. I’m going to Lisbon in a couple of weeks and while I’m there, Benfica are playing Nice in a champions league qualifier. Thought I’d try and get tickets. £45 each. That’s fine. £33 booking fee! And then a £4 service fee on top of that. I’ll find a locals bar instead. Ouch. Would deffo recommend going if you can find a better deal/on the day even if it's for an away end. I've done Sporting in the past with the wife's family and the atmosphere was ace. Yet to do Benfica (one half of her family supports Sporting, the other Benfica. Every family gettogether is carnage) but it looks the business. I found the standard to be mixed - I saw Sporting beat Estoril 4-2 - Sporting scored some tidy goals, but Estoril were probably the worst team I've ever seen since watching Skegness on a family holiday when I was six. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted August 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2025 Manager at work has just gone on holiday to Turkey. She says “we went to Tunisia last year, wouldn’t go again though, there were too many foreigners staying in the hotel.” Didn’t know Tracy was Tunisian tbh. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 8, 2025 Posted August 8, 2025 Bloody foreigners taking over other countries. Quote
deathrey Posted August 8, 2025 Posted August 8, 2025 I'm sure the Turkish hotel will be full of Turkish people Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted August 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2025 They’ll be building mosques in Tunisia next. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted August 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2025 Trying to impose Shakira law Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 8, 2025 Members Posted August 8, 2025 30 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Trying to impose Shakira law Ships don't lie. Quote
Chili Posted August 9, 2025 Posted August 9, 2025 I use a free version of Spotify to only listen to podcasts because podcasts were something the app allowed you to listen to free AND offline. Now it appears I can't play them offline and if that's become a premium feature that is really irritating. Very first world problems and it's Spotify, I'm aware they're awful. Quote
lars85 Posted August 10, 2025 Posted August 10, 2025 I've probably mentioned it before, but "2025 anyone?" style comments on music videos on YouTube. Just fuck off, millions of people are also listening to this song from 15 years ago, you're not special. Also, people who don't put the next customer divider thing after their shopping. Probably mentioned that before too, but it still gets to me. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted August 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2025 4 minutes ago, lars85 said: Also, people who don't put the next customer divider thing after their shopping. Probably mentioned that before too, but it still gets to me. I'm so fussy about this that I'll grab one from the next checkout if there's none left on the one I'm at. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted August 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 11, 2025 The opening thread on packets of biscuits being about four biscuits deep and having no way to close it. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 11, 2025 3 hours ago, FLips said: The opening thread on packets of biscuits being about four biscuits deep and having no way to close it. When that doesn't work, the seal on a packet of biscuits is a Krypton Factor challenge. In the event you do eventually unstick it, about 4mm of plastic comes away at a time. I normally just get a knife and cut through the packet. Minor annoyance - Cutting open a packet of biscuits and going right through the middle of a custard cream. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 11, 2025 Posted August 11, 2025 When a biscuit is broken at the end of the packet when you open it and crumbs go everywhere. I should obviously be more patient and careful but I just want the biscuit damnit. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 11, 2025 Worse is when about 10 biscuits are broken in pack, so you know it was dropped at some point in its journey to you. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.