Members SuperBacon Posted July 7, 2025 Members Posted July 7, 2025 8 hours ago, FLips said: Food place filling empty HP, Heinz, Lurpak containers with the cheap stuff. I know you use the cheap stuff, why are you trying to deceive me? This reminds me of when I've tried to decant own brand dry food into Dreamies bags for my cat as I'm convinced she just recognises the brand or sound of the bag, and she has absolutely none of it. She claws at the bowl and looks at me as if to say "You can't trick me you dickhead" Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 8, 2025 Posted July 8, 2025 The number of "fake!" / "obviously AI or edited!" comments on videos on Facebook. One this morning was a simple rollback on a coaster that didn't make it over the hill which is a fairly regular thing to happen worldwide. Yet some people just refused to believe it. I know we shouldn't blindly believe everything we see but there has to be a middle ground between that and assuming every single thing is fake. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2025 (edited) I think Facebook could just be a permanent edition for me. I use it way more than I want to since that dough-faced fucker killed Twitter and it's just absolutely shite. Not only is 90% of the content stuff you didn't ask for or want, but investigating anything that does catch your eye then means you come across the worst people in the world. I saw a video of a controlled demolition of a building. It's clearly clickbait because who doesn't love a good demolition video? But, man, the comments. The first few were 9/11 conspiracy nuts. So I keep scrolling looking for the people who call out the 9/11 conspiracy nuts. I scroll and scroll and it's just 9/11 conspiracy nuts. Loads of them. About 3 minutes down the comments, I find one comment from someone along the lines of "I've lost all hope for humanity reading this comment section". But everyone else? Dynamite Duane's. Man, I need to stop dealing with other people. Edited July 8, 2025 by tiger_rick Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted July 8, 2025 Posted July 8, 2025 Facebook really has gone to shit. At this point I pretty much only use it for keeping up to date with event announcements. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted July 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2025 If you’re browsing on desktop, you can get the FB purity extension, which at least weeds out all the ads and stuff you don’t care about. Thats when you realise nobody posts anything on there anymore and it’s just the feed from your liked pages. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2025 Facebook doesn't work for me at all on desktop now (which is a blessing, really). For about the past 4 months it will load up one post on the homepage then when I scroll down absolutely nothing else will load. An awful, awful site. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2025 (edited) If I didn't need social media for promoting stuff, and, in Facebook's case, keeping in touch with people, I'd fuck it all off. This creaking, steam-powered, beloved relic of a place would be the only one I'd bother with. Edited July 8, 2025 by Carbomb Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 8, 2025 Members Posted July 8, 2025 You'll all be amazed to know I only go on Facebook to visit groups on crisps, sodas and football shirts. Oh, and a group about football in the 80s which is genuinely hilarious to read. FB is the absolute worst of them all. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 8, 2025 13 minutes ago, Carbomb said: If I didn't need social media for promoting stuff, and, in Facebook's case, keeping in touch with people, I'd fuck it all off. This creaking, steam-powered, beloved relic of a place would be the only one I'd bother with. Same here. I have a football club to run so we need socials, even X, but I'd have binned my account otherwise. Worthless. Need to start only opening it when I need to. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 8, 2025 Posted July 8, 2025 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: The number of "fake!" / "obviously AI or edited!" comments on videos on Facebook. One this morning was a simple rollback on a coaster that didn't make it over the hill which is a fairly regular thing to happen worldwide. Yet some people just refused to believe it. I know we shouldn't blindly believe everything we see but there has to be a middle ground between that and assuming every single thing is fake. I saw one of these a few months after the court case between Ed Sheeran and the estate of Marvin Gaye had ended that showed Ed and Marvin performing ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’ which included a worrying number of people posting “this has got to be fake, surely?” Really? You fucking think so? You mean to tell that Marvin Gaye who died 7 years before Ed Sheeran was born is not really performing with him? Well worked out Poirot Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 8, 2025 Posted July 8, 2025 Saw one at the weekend where people were parading a coffin around a football stadium and claiming it was Diogo Jota prior to his funeral. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2025 There’s this old prick at work who no-one likes. My colleague calls him Voldemort, I’m thinking more Michael Berryman to give you a picture of him. We have two people in the day and two in the evening and we start at 06:30 and 18:30. He always insists on coming in around 05:30, complains he’s in too early (nobody asked you to), complains when someone doesn’t arrive after 18:00 to relieve him of his duty or sometimes will just fuck off early. I sit at the computer he always uses so that he’ll let me go when he’s at 5 so I can get home and to bed a lot quicker. Sometimes he’ll let me go straight away or sometimes (most of the time) he’ll do the most annoying thing that he did yesterday. Get in at 5:20, sit around for 40 minutes making passive aggressive comments and asking us questions like we are stupid kids, disappearing out of the room and then coming up to an hour of just being there, telling me to log off. If you’re going to insist on coming in an hour early every morning and leaving when you want in the evening, just fucking start working. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 10, 2025 Posted July 10, 2025 People that call things the wrong name. Squid Games. No. It's Squid Game. THERE'S NO OTHER S. STOP IT. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2025 2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: People that call things the wrong name. Squid Games. No. It's Squid Game. THERE'S NO OTHER S. STOP IT. A few years back, during that two week period when Leave the World Behind was the water-cooler film of choice, my manager called it 'Leave The Whole Wide World Behind' constantly. Did my head in. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.