Members SuperBacon Posted July 24, 2025 Members Posted July 24, 2025 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: People who have fucking wishlists that they get their followers to buy shit, even though they've got a billion followers and brand deals and god knows what else. Twats. I might start one. Buy me these and I'll DM you my best Austin Powers impression. 1988 Holland shirt. Some Trebor Strong mints. Box of Chilli and Lime Crunchips. Copy of Private Eye. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 24, 2025 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: I might start one. Buy me these and I'll DM you my best Austin Powers impression. 1988 Holland shirt. Some Trebor Strong mints. Box of Chilli and Lime Crunchips. Copy of Private Eye. You forgot WWF Ice Cream Bars Quote
organizedkaos Posted July 24, 2025 Posted July 24, 2025 19 hours ago, Browser Brady said: Caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror today……….and i’m looking old…. 44 and looking every bit of it. I’ve gone from looking relatively young for my age to looking very old for my age in about 2 years… Oh well. TBF this is quite normal for how we age according to recent research. We don't really age linearly and the two ages people tend to "shoot up" are 44 and 60 Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted July 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 24, 2025 Auditing a motor incident today and had to listen to the recording of the guy reporting it to make sure our newbie took all the details correctly. Guy opened the call with “Hi my name’s Darren I’m calling about my Tesla Model Y. My wife’s decided to go out and play bumper cars with it.” God I fucking hate Darren. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 25, 2025 Posted July 25, 2025 Booking fees for tickets...fucks sake. Booked tickets for Forbidden Door. £75 ticket...ended up paying £99 with all associated fees and charges that you have no choice in paying! Thought they were supposed to have banned additional charges and fees? Quote
deathrey Posted July 25, 2025 Posted July 25, 2025 Not in the same league but we took the kids to the cinema for the first time last week, it was to see a double bill of the Gruffalo so we were delighted to see tickets were £2.50 a person, then they charged £1 per person as a booking fee! Ridiculous. Just charge £3.50 in the first place Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted July 25, 2025 Posted July 25, 2025 (edited) On 7/12/2025 at 12:21 PM, gmoney said: People holding lavalier microphones as if they are handheld microphones to speak into. Completely baffling misuse of equipment, seems to be rampant. I was confused a bit by this as I have seen it done in YouTube videos but only if they are interviewing someone. And whilst it looks a bit silly I get that, it saves money splashing out on a bigger mic if it does its job. Then this video popped up in my recommended videos. Now I actually get it. At 3 mins in he starts unclipping the microphone to talk into it like a full size microphone like an idiot. When it had been doing its job just fine. Then keeps clipping and unclipping whilst he eats. Fucking hell. Edited July 25, 2025 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 Adam Ragusea did a bit on holding lavs a few years back. It's quite sweet really Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 Vet prices. Took our cat to the vets on Monday as he’d started pawing at his mouth when he was eating. They said he had a cracked tooth so recommended an extraction. Got to the vets yesterday and they advised that he had some other dental issues so recommended removing all the teeth. Said the price they quoted of £1100 would cover it. So they removed the cracked tooth and said they’d be removing the rest. I arrived to collect him to be told in the time they had they could only remove two teeth. They now want us to go back and pay another £1100 for the rest of the teeth to be removed. Absolute daylight robbery. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 26, 2025 Moderators Posted July 26, 2025 2 hours ago, Onyx2 said: Adam Ragusea did a bit on holding lavs a few years back. It's quite sweet really I started watching this, got annoyed at how verbose he was, stayed watching it on 2x for a bit and then it dawned on me that it was an entire 1hr video on the topic which was absolutely not what I had mentally committed to. So I guess I will never know why the kids are doing it. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 On 7/25/2025 at 8:07 AM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Booking fees for tickets...fucks sake. Booked tickets for Forbidden Door. £75 ticket...ended up paying £99 with all associated fees and charges that you have no choice in paying! Thought they were supposed to have banned additional charges and fees? I had this this morning booking my ticket for Comic Con in November, costs £50 for weekend tickets twice a year but wind up paying close to an extra £10 for booking fees, the e-ticket (rather than physical) and protection incase the event gets cancelled Before that I had a nose at tickets for the WWE house show here in Liverpool (at the same venue as the Con) the night before Forbidden Door and the top priced seating (ringside) has £25 in add on fees on top of the £200 ticket price Quote
CTXRussomark Posted July 27, 2025 Posted July 27, 2025 On 7/25/2025 at 9:48 AM, deathrey said: Not in the same league but we took the kids to the cinema for the first time last week, it was to see a double bill of the Gruffalo so we were delighted to see tickets were £2.50 a person, then they charged £1 per person as a booking fee! Ridiculous. Just charge £3.50 in the first place I think it's essentially a tax avoidance mechanism - from memory VAT isn't payable on booking fees so they get to keep the full amount they charge as opposed to giving a cut to HMRC, so it's in their interest to load as much into the booking fee as possible rather than raise the main ticket price. It's why they've started taking the utter piss with the level of fees and HMRC just haven't challenged (yet) whether they're doing it in bad faith or not. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 28, 2025 Members Posted July 28, 2025 Phone screens. They're too bright. I've reached the point in my life where I have everything on dark mode, I turn the brightness all the way down and I've started putting on the 'eye comfort shield' mode on as well. It turns it a sort of brown sepia tone. Doesn't give me a headache or anything, it's just too bloody bright! God I'm getting old. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2025 Worse than booking fees are delivery fees when they aren't posting your ticket, like print at home. I think they've done away with it now but my football club used to offer it as an option when buying tickets online: Post (£1) Collect (£1) PDF (£1) Stay at home and watch on telly (£1) Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2025 (edited) There’s a bloke at work called Louis (the second Louis I’ve worked with who’s dumb as fuck) who never believes anything anyone tells him about work as he thinks everyone is trying to sabatoge him. Which he can do himself as he’s useless. Anyway, onto the annoyance from the other night. We do laptop checks every night just in case we have to work from home. Part of the checks is using the work mobiles and if we are able to hotspot the phones Internet to the laptop. This has been a check for seemingly over a year and he’s been filling in the nightly forms saying he’s been able to do it. It’s now clear he’s been lying. Our manager wants us to demonstrate to him that we can all do it for his SOPs. Louis told me he could connect the phone to the laptop but the internet wasn’t working. I then got a laptop and done it immediately. With both work phones and my personal one. He asked me to show him which I did. Turns out he wasn’t disconnecting the works WiFi and connecting to the phone at all. He assumed it would do it automatically and tells me that what I’ve shown him hasn’t satisfied his curiosity and that a very intelligent friend who’s an expert has told him a way of hotspotting the phone to the laptop without turning the hotspot on and turning the WiFi off the laptop and phone completely. I told him this won’t work but he wouldn’t have it. Seven fucking hours he sat there trying to do it and was unable. Bare in mind, I was the third person this week to show him how to do it, but he wants to try this super great way of doing it without the hotspot turned on, despite that not being what the manager has requested. When I tried to help him again he shouted at me “you’re not my manager. You can’t tell me anything”. Fine. Don’t ask me for anything again. We reach hour nine and he is still trying to do the impossible. He sends an email to the manager with me copied in saying it doesn’t work. I asked why and he said because it doesn’t. Fucking hell. I replied saying it’s not true and I’ve shown him multiple times. I’ve not been in since I sent that email so I don’t know what’s happened since. Its a big fucking annoyance that he doesn’t listen to anyone. I saved him from being sacked a couple of weeks ago due to his lack of brains during a major incident. Next time I won’t bother. He’s also a reply all guy. Or replies to emails from his days off just saying “Noted”. The manager told him to stop that. He did for a while and has now continued. He was off for a month and we all got multiple “noted” emails. I hope to encounter a Louis who’s not a dumb fuck (sorry to anyone called Louis on here) Edited July 29, 2025 by TheBurningRed Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.