29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

On my TV. Showed the same on the laptop too.

Hmm, peculiar. Just had a skim through the All4 app and there are episodes later on that are missing: 
S5E6, S6E16, S9E10, S10E6 and S11E6. S8 is missing the most though, that’s missing 5 episodes.

I’m assuming those episodes contain some sort of “questionable content” that Channel4 have just decided to omit them rather than deal with any complaints.

Definitely invest in the box set though, only ÂŁ32 on Amazon at the moment

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

David Hyde Pierces' performance is one of the most underrated of all time. He is spot on all the time, his delivery exceptional. 

Really? He was always considered the MVP of the show. Doesn’t he hold the record for his run of Emmy nominations or something like that? He got nominated every year it was on. 

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Really? He was always considered the MVP of the show. Doesn’t he hold the record for his run of Emmy nominations or something like that? He got nominated every year it was on. 

Yep, but whenever I see comedy discussed or even when I'm talking to people about it, he never gets the plaudits I think he deserves, so I still feel like he is underrated, if that makes sense?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Hmm, peculiar. Just had a skim through the All4 app and there are episodes later on that are missing: 
S5E6, S6E16, S9E10, S10E6 and S11E6. S8 is missing the most though, that’s missing 5 episodes.

I’m assuming those episodes contain some sort of “questionable content” that Channel4 have just decided to omit them rather than deal with any complaints.

Very possible they're missing for technical reasons. C4 had had tonnes of issues with on demand stuff since there was a fire at the site where this stuff is dealt with a few months ago. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Very possible they're missing for technical reasons. C4 had had tonnes of issues with on demand stuff since there was a fire at the site where this stuff is dealt with a few months ago. 

Is that when 4music had to actually play music for a fortnight as the play out centre was fucked and so had to simulcast The Box? 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Is that when 4music had to actually play music for a fortnight as the play out centre was fucked and so had to simulcast The Box? 

Probabaly. Red Bee, who do a lot of the subtitles and technical behind-the-scenes bits had a major power outage and Channel 4 seem to have been struggling to get back on track since then. I gather it's been a massive headache for all involved. 

• Paid Members

I just watched the first two episodes of the new pro MasterChef on iPlayer (really it’s one episode chopped in two) and after the skills test I was amused to hear Pertwee tell us “Coming up after EastEnders.” Maybe it’s the wrestling fan in me but I assumed this was to sneak extra views for the first and last quarter of the depressing cockney bilge by catching premature tuners-in or people that can’t find the remote at the end of MasterChef, the more popular show, obviously.

• Awards Moderator

No shame in saying I watched the first two episodes of And Just Like That.

I can’t believe they did what they did, Charlotte looks like she’s been hit in the face with a frying pan, I’m not entirely sure I want to see Brady shagging and Deaf Steve is probably going to be the highlight of the series.

8/10.

Succession - Superbly satisfying season finale. The season really kicked into gear at the half way point. I know they have said that it may have only 1-2 more seasons left, and I think that is perfectly fine if it manages to keep up this high quality. Superb foreshadowing in it all. Loved it.

23 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

No shame in saying I watched the first two episodes of And Just Like That.

I can’t believe they did what they did, Charlotte looks like she’s been hit in the face with a frying pan, I’m not entirely sure I want to see Brady shagging and Deaf Steve is probably going to be the highlight of the series.

As someone who liked SATC in its original run, I watched it thinking they may have corrected all that was wrong with the films. Somehow this was worse. The characters aren't even the same people anymore (and not in a 'growth' way). Kim Catrall really did have the right idea  - though how they write her character out is ridiculous and another example of them somehow not understanding what she was as a character

Just awful.