Finished Dopesick on Disney +.
Thought it was generally really original, well acted and such an interesting story …….however …

I thought the ending was a bit flat, considering what actually  happened in real life .

Without ruining it, they had potential for a real jaw dropping conclusion, and it seemed the series was leading to exactly that.

But the ending seemed a bit , i dunno if emotionless is the right word, but i thought it could have been done better.

Edited by RancidPunx

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I haven't seen the movie so I don't understand the context if there is any. But without it, that looks fucking terrible.

Not watch the video yet but I saw 'The Suicide Squad' and was surprised how good it was, one of my films of 2021 so recommend watching the film first. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

I’ve heard the latest season of Curb Your Enthusiasm has been excellent ?

Is it on any Streaming platforms ? It seems only Season 1 is available via Now Tv ?

It was on Now when it was first on. I imagine it will be back on there in the near future. I know 4oD had the uk teresteral rights. Not sure if they still do.

16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It wasn’t excellent. 

It had a great first half with diminishing returns as the Irma stuff dragged on I thought. Particularly the  stuff with Larry

Spoiler

Manipulating her and them portraying her as some sort of grotesque for basically being a woman of a certain age. The character being a bit shit didn’t help either.

J.B Smoove was particularly great this series.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Troo dat. I thought the whole thing was good, but not excellent. Maybe I’m unfairly holding Curb to a higher standard. 

No, you are right. Season was real patchy with no real pay off. Like they run out of script before the end of filming. Had some classic moments, but also a lot of Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

17 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It was on Now when it was first on. I imagine it will be back on there in the near future. I know 4oD had the uk teresteral rights. Not sure if they still do.

Seasons 1-8 are available on Sky Boxsets, so they should also be available on Now. 

Yellowjackets finishes tomorrow, well the first season at least. They'd already started editing the show finale when a second season was ordered so I'm curious as to what's been changed, seemed like they were never expecting to continue.

It's probably my fav show of last/this year, not perfect and sometimes tried to hard to be shocking but I'm glad to see something like this being made. It's never boring.