Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

My family have been trying to get me to watch that but their taste in everything is terrible so that's all the dissuasion I need. My mum did seem perturbed by these dancers as well though from what I could tell of her rambling on about it.

Watched the first three episodes of The Silent Sea (Netflix) and it's shaping up to a pretty standard but fun sci-fi horror on a space station sort of thing. Couple of Squid Game cast members in there as well, but Bae Doona is the biggest star in the lead.

Done seven episodes of Only Murders in the Building now and it's still so bloody good. What a brilliant idea the 'deaf' episode was too, brilliantly executed.

On King of the Hill, Kahn and Minh have just been through their redneck phase and Bobby got on the quiz team.

On Cinema just saw the first appearance of Tom Cruise Heidecker. That boy's gonna be a star! Meanwhile Decker has gone way downhill by letting Gregg Turkington become a writer. He's got his own agenda, that one.

On The Twilight Zone, Bill Shatner just saw something out of the window. So glad these episodes have gone back to half an hour again.

Posted

The Expanse is over and my life withers, I'm not sure we'll ever get the rest of the books adapted either which is a huge shame as it's now easily my fav space sci-fi show knocking DS9 and Lexx down a peg.

  • Paid Members
Posted

"Can you make it sound a bit like Howard Shore, but not enough we have to pay him a royalty?"

"Oh and put Lenny Henry in it."

  • Paid Members
Posted

Got through This Life, including the 10th anniversary episode. I had only vague recollections of watching it at the time as I was in school/college when it was on, so didn't often get to stay up and watch it. It gets a touch self referential in the reunion episode, but it's a slice of late Tory/Early New-Labour life. The soundtrack stunk of nostalgia as well. Back to House on Prime now if it's still on there. 

Posted
On 1/3/2022 at 9:57 PM, johnnyboy said:

Massive spoiler:

  Reveal hidden contents

They even get a Nazi Stargate to travel between the Naziverses

 

Christ. I’m at this bit now. Two episodes in on season four and it feels like a different show. The best character got killed off screen between seasons but it’s at the stage where they’ll probably appear. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Christ. I’m at this bit now. Two episodes in on season four and it feels like a different show. The best character got killed off screen between seasons but it’s at the stage where they’ll probably appear. 

I think each season had drastically different staff working on it, you're at the part where I would have given up if I hadn't spent so many hours on the show already.

Posted
50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I think each season had drastically different staff working on it, you're at the part where I would have given up if I hadn't spent so many hours on the show already.

Yeah I’m thinking I might as well watch the last ones for the sake of completion. Only the Black Communists story is holding my interest. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I started watching it, but it was dull. I didn't mind the album of songs inspired by the show, Revolution Radio. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yellowjackets. Messed up, Lord of the Flies-esque with lots of flashbacks/flashforwards. Christina Ricci plays creepy well.

 

Caught up with all of Euphoria. Sexy twenty-somethings playing teens having sex and doing drugs. Zendaya's clearly got an iron clad "no tits" contract, because she's probably the only member of the cast to remain mostly fully clothed. Really good, though. 

 

We Are Ladyparts - sitcom about a Muslim woman who joins a rock band. Pretty enjoyable. 

 

The Expanse S6 - decent finale to a great space opera. Even managed a swerve near the end. 

Posted
57 minutes ago, Nexus said:

We Are Ladyparts - sitcom about a Muslim woman who joins a rock band. Pretty enjoyable.

I'd forgotten all about that, it was on my "to watch" list last year. Channel 4, right? I'll see if that still boots up on my PS4.

Posted

Couple of new dramas started this week.

Trigger Point will fill that Line of Duty void for a few weeks. Good tense first episode.

Enjoyed The Responder more though. Grittier and more personal with Martin Freeman giving one of his best performances once you get used to the accent.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I saw that Responder recommended on iPlayer. I might give that a look. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...