I started Yellowjackets but ever since Piggy in Lord of the Flies I’ve felt too much dread watching these kinds of shows. I started Euphoria instead and it’s a whole new level of dread. I had it described as Skins but a lot darker and that’s pretty spot on. Definitely a level of discomfort watching a bunch of 20 year olds pretending to be 17 year olds getting bummed my old men, wiping the jizz of emasculated jocks off their backs and various other grim deeds. Some really good young actors in it too. A shit ton of widgies of varying sizes and states of erectness on show too.

• Paid Members
On 1/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I started Yellowjackets but ever since Piggy in Lord of the Flies I’ve felt too much dread watching these kinds of shows. I started Euphoria instead and it’s a whole new level of dread. I had it described as Skins but a lot darker and that’s pretty spot on. Definitely a level of discomfort watching a bunch of 20 year olds pretending to be 17 year olds getting bummed my old men, wiping the jizz of emasculated jocks off their backs and various other grim deeds. Some really good young actors in it too. A shit ton of widgies of varying sizes and states of erectness on show too.

Just watched the first eight episodes (which is S1) and it's a really good show. I think it's beautifully shot as well, and has a great soundtrack. 

I'm pretty late on it but I watched all 4 seasons of Cobra Kai this week and really enjoyed it. Nice bit of nostalgia and some nice new characters too, nice easy viewing. I can't believe Ralph Macchio is 60, though Daniel is pretty irritating, I don't think I realised that as a kid when watching Karate Kid.

Edited by deathrey

On 1/14/2022 at 11:37 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Troo dat. I thought the whole thing was good, but not excellent. Maybe I’m unfairly holding Curb to a higher standard. 

There were some stand out episodes but as a whole they did drag out some stuff that could have been wrapped up. Also I just find the concept of 'Young Larry' really funny

• Paid Members

I know it's from 2004 and I'd imagine a fair few of you watched it at the time, but Nighty Night is on the iPlayer. It's so dark, but everybody puts in a heck of a shift: Julia Davis, Rebecca Front, The Actor Kevin Eldon, Ruth Jones, Mark Gatiss is fantastic as Glen Bulb. It's only 2 series of 6 episodes, and some of the characters are absolutely awful people, but that's often what makes these kinds of shows so amusing. 

• Paid Members

I remember loving the first series, but I couldn't finish the second. It seemed to go from treading a fine dark comic line in the first to incredibly broad and artless in the second. I think I only watched the first two episodes of S2 whenever it first came out. Maybe I should give it another go. 

It's a bit odd why the complete series 3 of The Bay is not available on the ITV Hub via Sky. You have to watch it via the ITV Hub app or online which is full of adverts.

I can only assume it's to get more people signing up to Britbox as they keep banging on about it being "ad free" just like how it would've been through Sky. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, gmoney said:

I remember loving the first series, but I couldn't finish the second. It seemed to go from treading a fine dark comic line in the first to incredibly broad and artless in the second. I think I only watched the first two episodes of S2 whenever it first came out. Maybe I should give it another go. 

It's definitely not as subtle in the second series. Not that the first series was full to the brim with nuance, but it does seem to turn everything up to 11 for the second series. 

I also somehow started watching This Life as well, because a 17 year old BBC sitcom wasn't nostalgic enough for me. Some of the "jokes" and dialogue hasn't aged well, but the relationships in the show still hold up. At this rate I'll be watching Coupling again in no time. 

I don’t know why I do it as I feel I’m letting @Scott Malbranquedown, but I’ve got halfway through the latest Harlan Coben by the numbers show on Netflix. It’s called Stay Close and has a decent enough cast but fucking hell. There’s a pair of the worst characters I’ve seen in a long time. Thankfully they’re hardly in it but remember that not incestuous brother and sister on X Factor “Same Difference”? Now imagine them as assassins. They do fucking dance routines to show how manic dream pixie pricks they are and they make me want to punch myself in the balls, even though my right bollock is three times the size it should be as it is. 

Don’t watch it. You might take a cheese grater to your Willy or Fanny when you see them. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t know why I do it as I feel I’m letting @Scott Malbranquedown, but I’ve got halfway through the latest Harlan Coben by the numbers show on Netflix. It’s called Stay Close and has a decent enough cast but fucking hell. There’s a pair of the worst characters I’ve seen in a long time. Thankfully they’re hardly in it but remember that not incestuous brother and sister on X Factor “Same Difference”? Now imagine them as assassins. They do fucking dance routines to show how manic dream pixie pricks they are and they make me want to punch myself in the balls, even though my right bollock is three times the size it should be as it is. 

Don’t watch it. You might take a cheese grater to your Willy or Fanny when you see them. 

There's many, many reasons why I love you, and all that you said there is another. I have no idea why I keep letting myself down, because I foolishly agreed to watch this with herself every night on the pretense that she'd give me a head rub (no innuendo or anything. Literally, a head rub. ) for the duration of the episodes, of which the rub would only last approx five minutes before she'd say her hand was tired. 

So, I wound up watching the whole season and I swear, I was so angry when the two dancers (who I compared to an Irish Cabaret act named Crystal Swing, but you've actually nailed it, dead on, bollocks accurate with the Same Difference comparison) just kept showing up. They were so out of place and 'quirky' in a show that was nothing but Harlan Coben. 

And, all I got when I tried to voice my opinion on them to your one beside me was "Ah do you not think they're funny? They're like Killing Eve. Must be very boring to be you, you don't even think Mrs Brown's Boys is funny! “ Not even joking. That verbal volleyeying was lifted verbatim." They're like Killing Eve!' What does that mean? On any level?!? 

We finished it last night and I was in the absolute pox horrors over the thoughts of Roberto Martinez coming back on top of it all, and she said "That was a great show. Much better than that last mad boring one you made me sit through (Dopesick)."

I've had to sit through Clickbait, The Tourist and now this Coben bastard again in quick succession and I'm fed up with it all.

And she got me Will shiting Smith's book for Christmas. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

That verbal volleyeying was lifted verbatim." They're like Killing Eve!'

Jesus, that’s exactly what he was going for here! A fucking pound shop Villanelle without any of the charm, acting ability, likability, dress sense, cunning, vulnerability or arse.