Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Binned this halfway through series 4. The first series was really good, as was the second series. But there was a sharp downturn in series 3 and series 4 was awful as every character became a complete wanker. God bless Jon Hamm though.

Snowpiercer

Gave up on this after three episodes. Why did they turn this concept into a detective drama? What an absolute waste.

This Country

Just got better and better as it went on. Unquestionably going on the compulsive sitcom rewatch pile with Bottom and Derry Girls. Absolutely wonderful.

Fringe

I really wasn't having this at the start but nearing the end of series 2 and it's really good, actually. The Peter episode was one of the best standalone TV episodes I've ever seen. Really glad I persevered with it.

I've started Top of the Lake and the first couple of episodes have been really good. Elisabeth Moss and Peter Mullan are SUPERB, for anyone who doesn't already know this.

Also started Brooklyn Nine Nine, six episodes in. and it's ace, obviously. I never knew Stephanie Beatriz was in it or I'd have started it seven years ago. Andre Braugher keeping his lunch in his safe in that episode where nick his medal was the moment of the series so far.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost fucking wept when I saw Mays was in it. In many ways, I'm Nilsen's 13th victim.

Currently revisiting Sopranos myself. I forgot just how fucking funny it was. As well as probably a top 5 drama it's also a top 20 comedy. A real all rounder.  Christopher's Intervention is in th

He paid for my breakfast once, so I'll not have a word against him. 

Defending Jacob

Didn't know much about it beforehand but a pretty decent post-Cap project for Chris Evans. Only 8 episodes which was just about the right length. Easy to binge crime legal mystery type deal. Another solid effort from Apple's service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Also started Brooklyn Nine Nine, six episodes in. and it's ace, obviously. I never knew Stephanie Beatriz was in it or I'd have started it seven years ago. Andre Braugher keeping his lunch in his safe in that episode where nick his medal was the moment of the series so far.

One of those that I've loved from the start and had the pleasure of seeing everyone else fall in love with too. And unusually it hasn't pandered too much to the popular crowd since it gained a following. It has managed to stay pretty high quality consistently and deal with some major issues along the way in a decent manner. Still one of my favourites and the whole cast play their roles perfectly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Brooklyn Nine Nine is great, but ACAB always. Even Peralta and Diaz.

Finished Broad City, a really, really enjoyable series with great characters and a final episode that was perfect. Highly recommended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

The Tilda Swinton cameo as Kurtan's Nan in the final series of This Country was brilliant. I'm also glad they never showed Kerry's mum, not that they really could have.

Just looked this up. Had no idea.

Kerry's Mum is absolutely brilliant. Can't remember what episode it is where they're winding her up from the kitchen but it had me crying.

Edit: This one

 

Edited by SuperBacon
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
14 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

The Tilda Swinton cameo as Kurtan's Nan in the final series of This Country was brilliant. I'm also glad they never showed Kerry's mum, not that they really could have.

The Station episode where Kurtan prank calls Kerry's mum had me falling about. You could sense it was going to be hilarious even before she picked up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to derail the thread, but also Charlie and Daisy May are good eggs as well. I watch these YouTube videos of this lad who collects football shirts (sad I know), and he's running a charity auction and they sent in one of their Swindon shirts and it's currently at £3,200! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not to derail the thread, but also Charlie and Daisy May are good eggs as well. I watch these YouTube videos of this lad who collects football shirts (sad I know), and he's running a charity auction and they sent in one of their Swindon shirts and it's currently at £3,200! 

 

She's good value on Instagram with her kid, Buckbeak. Plus she has will always be the queen of BAFTA ceremony dresses

_106927858_p0790jnk.jpg

2.36483190.jpg?w=640

Edited by wordsfromlee
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

 

Snowpiercer

Gave up on this after three episodes. Why did they turn this concept into a detective drama? What an absolute waste.

 

It isn't. They use the initial procedural arc to introduce the characters and society of the train. It's a much richer show now. The last couple of episodes have been belters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I started watching Frasier  from the beginning. Just background viewing mostly, whilst I'm working. I was surprised to see how good it was right from the start. Most US sitcoms take some time to settle in but the characters are really well established right from the off.

Sure, Martin becomes less cantankerous over time, but it's a natural character development mostly (he was more of a dick in the pilot but pilots always have s little bit of a different tone). Thankfully though they do dial back Nials's OCD and drop Daphne's psychic abilities over time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The Station episode where Kurtan prank calls Kerry's mum had me falling about. You could sense it was going to be hilarious even before she picked up.

I lost it at the shoe going on the train and then kept chuckling the next day as I thought about it, absolutely wonderful series. Len picking up a brick to throw at Alan in the row with the bins is one of my highlights.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...