• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Finished The Good Place and I didn't think there was a big drop in quality.  I really enjoyed all of it, especially Danson.  I did get through the lot in a couple of weeks so maybe that could be a factor in why I thought it was constant.

I don't think the quality of the content ever got awful, but did you not feel there were several places in the final season where it felt like it was going to wrap up but needlessly stretched it out?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Finished The Good Place and I didn't think there was a big drop in quality.  I really enjoyed all of it, especially Danson.  I did get through the lot in a couple of weeks so maybe that could be a factor in why I thought it was constant.

I don't think the quality of the content ever got awful, but did you not feel there were several places in the final season where it felt like it was going to wrap up but needlessly stretched it out? It just felt poorly paced. Like how I could have made my point in the last post but needlessly repeated it in this one to get another post in.

Edited by FelatioLips

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I don't think the quality of the content ever got awful, but did you not feel there were several places in the final season where it felt like it was going to wrap up but needlessly stretched it out?

No

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I don't think the quality of the content ever got awful, but did you not feel there were several places in the final season where it felt like it was going to wrap up but needlessly stretched it out? It just felt poorly paced. Like how I could have made my point in the last post but needlessly repeated it in this one to get another post in.

Also no.

1 hour ago, Wideload90 said:

Tonight, I started the Sopranos. It's solid, easy to follow and engaging and I wish I caught it sooner.

Mrs wideload forced normal people on me after binging the shield. It's shit. Too slow with unlikeable characters and too much sex. Don't bother. 

First off you describe one of the best tv shows ever made as “solid” then you say not to bother watching one of the best tv shows of the year. Bad takes man.

8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

First off you describe one of the best tv shows ever made as “solid” then you say not to bother watching one of the best tv shows of the year. Bad takes man.

Normal people is shit. Conall is socially awkward throughout and this isn't properly addressed. The pace is too slow and the characters are unlikeable with the constant on/off relationship is boring. It's got some promising moments but would benefit from being 6 episodes long as you'd still be able to tell the (very dull) story.

The sopranos being solid after a few episodes is a good thing....

I suppose if you don’t buy in to the relationship then you wouldn’t get much out of Normal People. I was massively invested although it took me a while and I thought they addressed Conall’s anxiety really well and found his issues extremely relateable. 

I can’t agree that people like different things though, everyone should like what I like and that’s it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Working from home has given my the time to actually watch some good telly that I usually don't get time to watch. 

I am currently watching another Phoebe Waller-Bridge series, Crashing. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but its charming, funny and the characters have very good chemistry with each other, excluding Kate, which is deliberate. 

Once I finish this I'm going to give Fleabag another watch through. 

I've been binging the first season of Cobra Kai the past couple of days and have been surprised at how good it is.  Lots of callbacks to the films even down to the occasional line and some of the same music too ("Young Hearts").  Without giving too much away it's thirty four years after the original film and Daniel and Johnny's lives have taken dramatically different turns although the rivalry is still there, Johnny still having not really gotten over what happened at the original All Valley tournament.  You get glimpses into Johnny's upbringing and I've found myself firmly on his side, in fact I struggle to see how anyone could be rooting for Daniel throughout the series.  All the characters I liked also tended to be associated with Johnny, such as Miguel and Eli/Hawk, the only exception being Amanda, Daniel's wife.

I downloaded it from a torrent site, it's an easy watch and very nostalgic.  If you enjoyed the films (admittedly Karate Kid II is shite and I have a soft spot for III) you'll easily enjoy this.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

I've been binging the first season of Cobra Kai the past couple of days and have been surprised at how good it is.  Lots of callbacks to the films even down to the occasional line and some of the same music too ("Young Hearts").  Without giving too much away it's thirty four years after the original film and Daniel and Johnny's lives have taken dramatically different turns although the rivalry is still there, Johnny still having not really gotten over what happened at the original All Valley tournament.  You get glimpses into Johnny's upbringing and I've found myself firmly on his side, in fact I struggle to see how anyone could be rooting for Daniel throughout the series.  All the characters I liked also tended to be associated with Johnny, such as Miguel and Eli/Hawk, the only exception being Amanda, Daniel's wife.

I downloaded it from a torrent site, it's an easy watch and very nostalgic.  If you enjoyed the films (admittedly Karate Kid II is shite and I have a soft spot for III) you'll easily enjoy this.

It's brilliant. It's moving to Netflix from YouTube, so the third season will be on there when it airs and the first two go up on Netflix next month.