• Paid Members

Re-watching Seinfeld as a 30 year old and it's infinitely funnier than when I had the boxset at 19 years old. Back then I just didn't really get a lot of the jokes or observations but now I do, there's not much funnier than it. I think the only negative I'd give it, and I'm sure I did when I watched it first time, is you can immediately tell Jerry can't act at all, because he's always pulling the same gormless look.

14 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Re-watching Seinfeld as a 30 year old and it's infinitely funnier than when I had the boxset at 19 years old. Back then I just didn't really get a lot of the jokes or observations but now I do, there's not much funnier than it. I think the only negative I'd give it, and I'm sure I did when I watched it first time, is you can immediately tell Jerry can't act at all, because he's always pulling the same gormless look.

But he knows it, and that kind of adds to it.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

There's a reference to this in The Alternate Side as well.

I watched the first two episodes of Lovecraft Country last night and it was a right mixed bag. The first 50 minutes or so were excellent. A story of some black folk travelling around 1950’s America whilst facing the horror or racism created incredible tension. It then turns in to True Blood: The Whacky Years and slides downhill quickly. Hopefully it picks back up as it has great potential but with it being based on a book I’d imagine they won’t have much room to manoeuvre and the tone has already shifted drastically.

Trinkets Series 2 

Just finished this, and definitely think it's one of Netflix's hidden gems. It tells the story of a teen serial shoplifter (The excellent Brianna Hildebrand) who moves to Portland and finds friends in her SA meeting, and then follows the 3 leads through their high school dramas, home life etc.

A million times better than the other Netflix offerings such as Sex Education (made it two episodes in), Riverdale (watched a handful of episodes by proxy), and this is mainly down to the 3 leads who are all superb and have great chemistry and the oh-so-cool-Portland soundtrack.

Second series was a slight slump, but that's fine as it's still better than most of the shows in a similar vein.

Finished The Sopranos again as well, and still the GOAT and will never be bettered.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Finished The Sopranos again as well, and still the GOAT and will never be bettered.

To me, watching The Soprano's is like painting one of those big fuck off bridges. By the time I get to the end of the final episode, I feel like I need to start from the beginning again.

It's not far off the perfect show, for me. It has it all; brilliantly written characters who get fully fleshed out, single episode story arcs, longer full series story arcs, sex, drugs and addiction, murder, comedy, truly sad moments. They really did catch lightening in a bottle with the whole series...

• Paid Members

I remember it going off the boil a bit in the first half of the last series, but it picked up again for a great finish. 

Finished Succession yesterday, which reminded me of The Sopranos in some ways, crossed with Arrested Development and Silicon Valley. Fascinating portrait of a bunch of cunts, pretty much every character is perfectly played. Matthew MacFadyen as my new favourite dickhead Tom Wambsgams was just perfect. 

• Paid Members

Just finished series 3 of Fringe, which wasn't quite as strong as 2 but still largely strong and the last episode was excellent. Completely underuses Brad Dourif though, which is unforgivable.

Series 2 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine suggests it will be one of those series that just has consistent quality with no notable dips or amazing highs. I'm fine with that, it's really easy watching over my tea every day. The guest stars have all been used really well too.

7 hours ago, gmoney said:

I remember it going off the boil a bit in the first half of the last series, but it picked up again for a great finish. 

Finished Succession yesterday, which reminded me of The Sopranos in some ways, crossed with Arrested Development and Silicon Valley. Fascinating portrait of a bunch of cunts, pretty much every character is perfectly played. Matthew MacFadyen as my new favourite dickhead Tom Wambsgams was just perfect. 

I’ll never get tired of shouting “Suck them big white dicks” in my worst poncey Tom voice.

• Moderators

Currently revisiting Sopranos myself. I forgot just how fucking funny it was. As well as probably a top 5 drama it's also a top 20 comedy. A real all rounder. 

Christopher's Intervention is in the conversation for funniest scene of all time. 

"Disgusting" 

"I've said my piece" 

God bless you Sil. 

Edited by PowerButchi