I’ve never really given a fuck about cars in the past, but since we thought it would be a great idea to get a puppy for some fucking reason, I’ve been up at 6am most mornings. So rather than suffering through Everybody Hates Raymond, I’ve been using that time to absolutely smashing through episodes Wheeler Dealers on Quest and/or Discovery. 

Im now planning on getting a Volvo Amazon or a VW Type 3 to do up when I inevitably have my mid-life crisis. Going by the sheer amount of heart related problems on my dads side of the family, I predict mid-life for me will be about four years ago. 

• Paid Members

Wheeler Dealers is great. I've been re-watching a load of them. I prefer the ones from the UK when there was at least a pretence that it was about turning a car for profit. The ones since it moved to the US are still interesting but it's not nearly as fun.

I noticed Schitt's Creek won a load of Emmy's the other day. I only started it a couple of weeks ago when I resubbed to Netflix. It's a perculiar show that takes a bit of getting used to but I'm in love with it now. Blasted through 3 series in the last week or two. My missus didn't watch the beginning so just catches bits when I'm watching it and thinks it's nonsense. I think it's pretty charming though. I like that the main characters are constantly warming to their surroundings and we're constantly warming to them but they've not suddenly turned mushy, it's a very gradual thing and they'll constantly remind you that they are/were pricks.

45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I noticed Schitt's Creek won a load of Emmy's the other day. I only started it a couple of weeks ago when I resubbed to Netflix. I

Started watching it as my “show to watch with evening meal” recently.  Nearly on season three and it’s a real grower. Catherine O’Hara is never anything but brilliant but the ensemble cast really fire off each other wonderfully. I love it. 

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Wheeler Dealers is great. I've been re-watching a load of them. I prefer the ones from the UK when there was at least a pretence that it was about turning a car for profit. The ones since it moved to the US are still interesting but it's not nearly as fun.

I actually prefer the US ones. Especially the ones with Ant as Edd is a personality vacuum. I think I prefer the US ones because the choice of cars are a lot less common to us than the UK ones which makes it a bit more interesting. 

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I noticed Schitt's Creek won a load of Emmy's the other day. I only started it a couple of weeks ago when I resubbed to Netflix. It's a perculiar show that takes a bit of getting used to but I'm in love with it now. Blasted through 3 series in the last week or two. My missus didn't watch the beginning so just catches bits when I'm watching it and thinks it's nonsense. I think it's pretty charming though. I like that the main characters are constantly warming to their surroundings and we're constantly warming to them but they've not suddenly turned mushy, it's a very gradual thing and they'll constantly remind you that they are/were pricks.

I will bang this drum again and again, but Annie Murphy's performance as Alexis is incredible. 

2 hours ago, TomJones233 said:

Des is just another drawn out, boring ITV crime drama, Just happens to be about a real killer this time.

Bit harsh. It was only 3 episodes so I don't really think it was drawn out. Granted it wasn't the most excited or action packed crime drama but that was the way it was written and the focus they chose. Personally I enjoyed it as I think Tennant, Mays and Watkins are all exceptional talents. I'd watch them in anything.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Bit harsh. It was only 3 episodes so I don't really think it was drawn out. Granted it wasn't the most excited or action packed crime drama but that was the way it was written and the focus they chose. Personally I enjoyed it as I think Tennant, Mays and Watkins are all exceptional talents. I'd watch them in anything.

Paging @Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Almost fucking wept when I saw Mays was in it. In many ways, I'm Nilsen's 13th victim.

I always wonder how much better that last series of Ashes to Ashes would have been if someone good had played his role.