Keith Houchen Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 Doctors is back on, lads! Cracking news! Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 2, 2020 Moderators Posted November 2, 2020 A fine day for television! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 2, 2020 Members Posted November 2, 2020 I finished Twenties which popped up on the iPlayer last week and it was really good. Created by Lena Waithe and based on her own experiences, it focuses on a gay screenwriter trying to break in to TV, and her friends and is a really fun, breezy watch. Jonica Gibbs (Hattie) in the lead role is brilliant, but her mum Kym Whitley absolutely steals the show. There is one line that she says to Hattie's white colleague that had me fucking howling. Along with Better Things, Nora From Queens and Dave, whoever is in charge of the BBCs foreign comedy department has nailed it in the last year. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted November 2, 2020 Moderators Posted November 2, 2020 I started Top Boy because @PunkStep and @SuperBacon keep going on about it and I saw it was on Netflix. In only a few episodes in but really enjoying it. I thought it would be fun but stupid but it's actually much better than I thought it would be. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 2, 2020 Members Posted November 2, 2020 9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: I started Top Boy because @PunkStep and @SuperBacon keep going on about it and I saw it was on Netflix. In only a few episodes in but really enjoying it. I thought it would be fun but stupid but it's actually much better than I thought it would be. Loved it. Think all 3 series are really strong to be honest. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 It’s definitely stupid but very watchable. Kano shows some genuine chops in it too, surprised he’s not in more. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted November 3, 2020 Moderators Posted November 3, 2020 Oh it turns out because of how Netflix had them listed I've started with season 2. I'll finish it now but is it worth going back or not bother? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 3, 2020 Members Posted November 3, 2020 15 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Oh it turns out because of how Netflix had them listed I've started with season 2. I'll finish it now but is it worth going back or not bother? Yes. Quote
Pogue Posted November 3, 2020 Posted November 3, 2020 20 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: Doctors is back on, lads! Cracking news! I'm not ashamed to say my first thought when the second lockdown news was leaked was 'will they have filmed enough episodes to get through to December?' Quote
deathrey Posted November 3, 2020 Posted November 3, 2020 14 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: It’s definitely stupid but very watchable. Kano shows some genuine chops in it too, surprised he’s not in more. I think the main reason is because he said he hates acting. He said in interviews that he hates process and finds it really boring so has never persued other roles. Quote
Pogue Posted November 5, 2020 Posted November 5, 2020 I watched Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Neighbours and Doctors yesterday, Doctors was the only one where someone called someone else a dingbat so on that basis it's now officially the greatest soap ever Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 7, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted November 7, 2020 Seem to remember a couple of people on here saying they really enjoyed the Spitting Image revival and I have to ask, why? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 7, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2020 2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Seem to remember a couple of people on here saying they really enjoyed the Spitting Image revival and I have to ask, why? Oh my turn! Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted November 7, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2020 Oh dear! It was on ITV last week so I watched it. There was quite a good scene with the Tories trying to contact Winston Churchill via seance but Thatcher appeared instead, other than that it was pretty pants to be honest Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.