• Paid Members
19 hours ago, gmoney said:

This is going up on Now TV soon, I hear. 

I hope they make a proper job of it and clean it up nicely. I can imagine it will look awful on modern TV's...  

On 11/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Two episodes into The Queen's Gambit and it's just wonderful. Is Anya Taylor-Joy the best actress on the planet now? Yes she is. But it's a show that's mindful of people like me where our only knowledge is from that episode of Bottom. It's inch perfect so far.

Looks familiar.. but where's Spider-man?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHLroyLH0tw/

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Looks familiar.. but where's Spider-man?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHLroyLH0tw/

If she drops a casual "Get out of that one, Rommel!" at some point my life will be complete.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Two episodes into The Queen's Gambit and it's just wonderful. Is Anya Taylor-Joy the best actress on the planet now? Yes she is. But it's a show that's mindful of people like me where our only knowledge is from that episode of Bottom. It's inch perfect so far.

Finished it yesterday and felt bereft. Its rare you don't want something to end. Its tremendous. Incredible looking (lush as fuck), superbly cast, cracking soundtrack and just brilliant writing. She is incredibly captivating on screen, when she looks down the camera at times its quite something!

Fantastic series all round. Probably the best show I've watched this year.

(Just saw its the same guy who did GODLESS which was great)

The Liberator (Netflix)

A lazy description of this would be 'an animated Band Of Brothers', but that would be fairly reductive.

It tells the true story of a group called The Thunderbirds, a WW2 unit that comprised Mexicans, Native Americans and Cowboys, and the problem it has, is that whilst it has the chance to tell a unique story from the POV of one of those backgrounds, it doesn't. It instead treads a very familiar narrative, and doesn't add anything new, which is a massive shame. 

However, it looks absolutely gorgeous, and is like a graphic novel come to life, the battle scenes especially are great. A real missed opportunity otherwise.

Industry (iPlayer)

I worked in recruitment, which is not a million miles away from banking in terms of make up of employees, environment etc (both full of absolute cunts for a start), and was hoping this would be fairly realistic, and a decent portrayal but this was utter, utter wank. Absolutely binning it after one episode as it's just so lazy and hackneyed. Cannot believe some of the glowing reviews I've seen of it. Must've been watching another show.

Glad I stuck with Community through some fairly ropey moments in series 2, as series 3 was an absolute joy. I still can't stand Jeff (or Joel McHale) and find him incredibly loathsome, but I absolutely marked out when I saw the scene where the 'famous Donald Glover fire gif' comes from. I never twigged before.

Also lost it when Britta spat in Changs face. That's my ultimate fantasy to be honest.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, Factotum said:

Finished it yesterday and felt bereft. Its rare you don't want something to end. Its tremendous. Incredible looking (lush as fuck), superbly cast, cracking soundtrack and just brilliant writing. She is incredibly captivating on screen, when she looks down the camera at times its quite something!

Fantastic series all round. Probably the best show I've watched this year.

(Just saw its the same guy who did GODLESS which was great)

I didn’t know it was the Godless guy, that was brilliant. 

I know The Queens Gambit got a bit cliche sports movie towards the end but I loved it all the more for it. Anya Taylor Joy is right up there with Elizabeth Moss for best actress around at the moment.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Awards Moderator
On 11/14/2020 at 1:51 PM, Dead Mike said:

Richard Herring feeding Daisy May Cooper watermelon on this weeks Taskmaster is the funniest thing I've seen in absolutely ages. My face hurt from laughing so hard.

This week's cocktail task made my diaphragm hurt. Actually held my sides from the ache. 

21 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

This week's cocktail task made my diaphragm hurt. Actually held my sides from the ache. 

I've been watching this series with my 10yo (dont think its too adult tbh) but just seen there is a bleeped/edited version for anyone who wants to watch with their kids.

She has loved it. We have belly laughed so many times.

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I've been watching this series with my 10yo (dont think its too adult tbh) but just seen there is a bleeped/edited version for anyone who wants to watch with their kids.

She has loved it. We have belly laughed so many times.

I watch it with my 10 year old too. Apart from slightly dodgy penis gags in early series it's great for pre teens. I'm so glad they've made a censored version, it could be so family friendly. Lots of idiots dicking about. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I watch it with my 10 year old too. Apart from slightly dodgy penis gags in early series it's great for pre teens. I'm so glad they've made a censored version, it could be so family friendly. Lots of idiots dicking about. 

I’m glad you’ve brought to my attention. We’ve been watching it with our 7 year old and the only thing that concerned us was the language but she knows not to use it. But that’s giving us another option

Jonathan Creek on the iPlayer. I’m right back at me Nan’s house on a Saturday night. Michelle Collins didn’t get them out again on that shit holiday rep show but it doesn’t matter because Alan Davies is the original Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonathan Creek shits on Sherlock. I never watched any of the later shows so hopefully I’m in for a treat.

8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Jonathan Creek on the iPlayer. I’m right back at me Nan’s house on a Saturday night. Michelle Collins didn’t get them out again on that shit holiday rep show but it doesn’t matter because Alan Davies is the original Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonathan Creek shits on Sherlock. I never watched any of the later shows so hopefully I’m in for a treat.

Youre really not. The show goes to complete shit once Caroline Quentin leaves.