8 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

I can't find the F1/Motorsport thread so hope this is cool to ask here.

Did anyone see the F1 race yesterday and the horrible Grosjean crash?

Been a fan of Motorsport all my years and can't recall such a huge incident resulting in relatively minor injuries.

Horrific. Wasn't great telly though.

• Paid Members

Currently watching Dark. It's ok. What none of these Twin Peaks/Lost copycat shows ever seem to realise though is yeah spooky mysteries and mythology are really great and all but you actually need interesting, likeable characters with personalities and occasional moments of levity to go from an ok show to a great show. It's all so grey, grim and joyless.

56 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Currently watching Dark. It's ok. What none of these Twin Peaks/Lost copycat shows ever seem to realise though is yeah spooky mysteries and mythology are really great and all but you actually need interesting, likeable characters with personalities and occasional moments of levity to go from an ok show to a great show. It's all so grey, grim and joyless.

Where are you up to? I’d stick with it just to see how it all comes together in the final episodes. In my opinion it’s a great show but how they managed to stick the ending and bring it all together was near miraculous. I quite like the grimness though.

• Paid Members

The Crown is basically Game of Thrones except instead of The Rains of Castamere or similar playing after a massacre or on the eve of battle, foreboding  music by Hans Zimmer lets you know the press is about to catch wind of somebody at Sandringham using the wrong knife at dinner.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Where are you up to? I’d stick with it just to see how it all comes together in the final episodes. In my opinion it’s a great show but how they managed to stick the ending and bring it all together was near miraculous. I quite like the grimness though.

I'm 5 episodes into season 1.

Is it just because they’ve got to ‘the Diana years’ that everyone’s suddenly forgotten that The Crown isn’t a documentary?

Ive never watched it because that type of drama isn’t my thing, but I’ve heard more about in the last week than the last 4 years because the line between fiction & reality has all of a sudden been obliterated because Diana

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is it just because they’ve got to ‘the Diana years’ that everyone’s suddenly forgotten that The Crown isn’t a documentary?

Ive never watched it because that type of drama isn’t my thing, but I’ve heard more about in the last week than the last 4 years because the line between fiction & reality has all of a sudden been obliterated because Diana

Basically yes - it's now reached most people's Daily Mail readers' living memory so the reaction's been a little ... different.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I'm 5 episodes into season 1.

We’ll it gets more bleak and the characters less likeable/heroic (it’s one of the main themes) but the best sell I can give it is that it’s a bit like Lost if the answers were way more satisfying/planned out.

• Paid Members

Hearing good things about last nights Euphoria stand alone episode. Will try and catch it tomorrow myself after I rebinge season 1 again. 

I've also somewhat gone off Taskmaster. Like I love the show and the concept, and for the most part this season Mawaan has been a delight but I've just found a lot of it seriously lacking throughout. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I've also somewhat gone off Taskmaster. Like I love the show and the concept, and for the most part this season Mawaan has been a delight but I've just found a lot of it seriously lacking throughout. 

It's been poor. Richard Herring is easily one of the worst contestants ever, he's so dull. Johnny Vegas is ok, same with Daisy May Cooper but Katherine Parkinson has been disappointing. Agree with you on Mawaan, he's the highlight.

The sooner Richard Ayoade's schedule allows him to appear as a constant, the better.

Edited by PunkStep