Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

Can't decide if The Undoing is any good or not, but I don't have that much to watch at the moment so I'm giving it a go.

I'd still go for Nicole Kidman any day of the week.

And I have a new appreciation for Hugh Grant after his Paddington 2 escapades/dance moves.

I was disappointed to learn that The Undoing wasn’t a Paddington spin-off starring the baddies

  • Paid Members
Posted

This could be interesting. 

FB_IMG_1606151275177.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 11/7/2020 at 11:57 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

Seem to remember a couple of people on here saying they really enjoyed the Spitting Image revival and I have to ask, why?

 

I hugely enjoyed the UK politics stuff, but the rest is a resounding 'meh' for me.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I hugely enjoyed the UK politics stuff, but the rest is a resounding 'meh' for me.

I hope that doesn't include this.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's every bit as bad as I thought it might be. I'm sure the types who share those Have I Got News for You tweets will fucking love it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Polished off Chernobyl today and it's a brilliant piece of work, isn't it. Just the perfect length and so well edited, a fabulous bit of telly.

Into series 6 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it's the same old same old consistently funny comfort watch. Delighted to see Hitchcock and Scully get a place on the opening credits, loved the episode where we see them as younger cops. Hope they revisit that again at some point.

Into the final series of Fringe, by which point nobody was watching so they just decided to do something completely different with more action. Works great for me. I'll be sad when I've finished it and I wasn't expecting to be saying that when I started it months ago.

Oh yeah, and finished The Queen's Gambit. The last episode had the usual 'sport' film / series weaknesses but otherwise it's practically faultless telly.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
  • Paid Members
Posted

Watching Hells Kitchen and I got into a discussion with my wife about chefs and their world standing. She described Jamie Oliver as 'a sad liquid rag in the corner', and I havent heard anything more accurate in my life.

  • Members
Posted (edited)

The Small Axe film series is absolutely elite level film making from Steve McQueen. Mangrove had such powerful performances from Shaun Parkes and Letitia Wright, and the energy from Lovers Rock is so engaging, making you feel like you're in some sweaty party.

One scene, where Janet Kay's Silly Games drops out, and the whole party sing it for a good few minutes, and then the Kunta Kinte Dub is played and rewound had me absolutely buzzing.

Fucking incredible series.

Edited by SuperBacon
Posted
10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

 

Oh yeah, and finished The Queen's Gambit. The last episode had the usual 'sport' film / series weaknesses but otherwise it's practically faultless telly.

See I love that shit in general but it definitely sticks out of place when it gets ‘Rocky’. Then again I was happy that the tone had shifted from the drinking-smoking-be a cunt to people trying to help you formula of the previous couple of episodes. Impossible to not want to learn how to play chess properly after watching. Apparently there’s a few apps around that teach you properly.

  • Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

@SuperBacon I really liked Mangrove (I'm a sucker for a courtroom drama) but couldn't get on with Lovers Rock at all. I can appreciate why it's got so much love but it left me completely cold.

TA RASSSSSSS!

Seriously though, I can see why it could leave people cold. Its essentially a film about a party with not much plot. 

Really looking forward to the next one.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just finished season 4 of Fargo. You ever watch something that should be incredible but for some reason isn't? Amazing cast, characters, story and dialogue but for some reason season 4 just fell a bit flat. For all the stories going on, it just felt like nothing really happened at any point and there was no purpose. A missed opportunity. 

Posted

Rewatched Damages recently. Glenn Close is sensational as is the whole series. 
Got one episode of Watchmen left. It’s shit. Well acted, stylish, great soundtrack, but the story is total bobbins. 
Watched about seven episodes of Billions and enjoying it. No real characters to root for as they’re dickheads, just some are bigger dickheads. Like when Liverpool play Manchester Utd. Lol jk ABU. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Rewatched Damages recently. Glenn Close is sensational as is the whole series. 

The first season is up there with stuff I've watched the most of. Honestly lost count of the number of times I've rewatched it. Absolutely love it. The series as a whole is fantastic too but I really love the first season in particular.

Posted
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:


Got one episode of Watchmen left. It’s shit. Well acted, stylish, great soundtrack, but the story is total bobbins. 
 

That’s a nice dick though right?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...