• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Stuck with Community as my late night viewing of choice and just finished series 1 and pleased I stayed with it.

I loved the first series of community but I hated the beginning of series 2 so much I never watched it again, so there's something to look forward to.

• Paid Members

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Spoiler

The opening three episodes of series 4 are so good that I didn't really want them to come back from Florida. I hope Maya Rudolph makes more appearances, too.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I can't remember what thread people were talking about Jerry Seinfeld being a bad actor in but I just saw this clip of an early guest role of his in an American sitcom and he's shocking. He was so bad he got fired after 3 episodes, it's quite impressive how unnatural he is in front of a camera 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I can't remember what thread people were talking about Jerry Seinfeld being a bad actor in but I just saw this clip of an early guest role of his in an American sitcom and he's shocking. He was so bad he got fired after 3 episodes, it's quite impressive how unnatural he is in front of a camera 

He’s over acting so much. It’s almost as if because there isn’t a mic in his hands he can’t control their movement. Never seen that before and it’s very bizarre 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just started season 6 of Schitt’s Creek. We’ve done the first 5 in about a month. It takes a while to get its groove but my god. The characters all have real arcs, the storylines are charming and it’s got some amazing performances. I wish I’d started on it sooner. It’s up there with the best for me. 

Been watching Love Life on iPlayer. Anna Kendrick obviously elevates it but even without her it’s an easy watch. It’s a bit like Sex and the City if the main character and her mates weren’t massive bellends although Kendrick has her moments but she’s always on the right side of likeable.

Roadkill on BBC one last night featured a stellar cast led by Hugh Laurie who plays a Tory MP Who has just won a court case against a newspaper and has just discovered he has a secret daughter. 

Aunt Polly from Peaky Blinders plays the conniving PM and she's got a Dominic Cunting Cummings style aide whose out to make life hard for people.

It was an enjoyable hour that reflected modern politics a little too much. Quite a few twists and turns means I'll probably watch next week.

Laurie's best performance is still House, followed by Prince George...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I heard there was recent but already cancelled series called Kidding about a legendary kid's puppet show presenter having a crisis. It stars Jim Carrey and is produced by Michel Gondry.

I was excited to watch it cos I love kids TV and puppets and stuff, and with Carrey and Gondry I was expecting an imaginative feast of epic proportions. I watched both series in 1 day and I hated nearly everything about it.

I don't regret watching it because it's rare that I actually dislike something so much in such detail, but I do regret watching it alone because it would have been fun to bore someone to death with a constant commentary of why I didn't like it. 

The main thing that pissed me off about it was that with all the potential to do something unique it was just another boring story about a rich white family's power balance, that was the backbone and anything whimsical was just garnish. The few times they did go out of the box to do something a bit weird I also hated as well because they were all stupid and terrible.

My expectations were probably too high for Jim Carrey in this but his character was awful, the basic idea of the character was was ok but having it framed against all the family business squabbles sucked the life out of it and every time he did something out of character to show he was going a bit crazy it was too out of character and so unnapeallingly written that it was never funny or enjoyable or clever or anything. I didn't think the sentimentality was particularly well done in most of the parts with his wife and son but some bits were ok, but I really hated all the stuff with his sister and dad.

Pros : It did have puppets and stuff in it.

Judy Greer gets her tits out twice.

Jim Carrey's brother in law has a couple of funny moments

Sorry for the wall of text, if anyone read this far I guess I did get to bore someone to death after all.