• Paid Members

Two episodes into The Queen's Gambit and it's just wonderful. Is Anya Taylor-Joy the best actress on the planet now? Yes she is. But it's a show that's mindful of people like me where our only knowledge is from that episode of Bottom. It's inch perfect so far.

Into the fifth series of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and the standard just hasn't dropped at all. The characters continue to evolve at a decent rate and its self-awareness is growing too.

I also started Mad Dogs and really enjoyed the first two episodes. Feels like one of those things that might run out of steam quickly but it's been a really good start.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Two episodes into The Queen's Gambit and it's just wonderful. Is Anya Taylor-Joy the best actress on the planet now? Yes she is. But it's a show that's mindful of people like me where our only knowledge is from that episode of Bottom. It's inch perfect so far.

We’ve just finished the second episode too, she’s great. I really want to play chess now, anyone know how to play chess?

10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I also started Mad Dogs and really enjoyed the first two episodes. Feels like one of those things that might run out of steam quickly but it's been a really good start.

I’m assuming you’re watching the more recent US version that was on Prime, as I wouldn’t imagine you as one for watching Sky’s Original Drama output.

As for that Spitting Image clip- I get that with how everything moves nowadays they need to knock something out quickly before it’s old news, but that was fucking horrific and seemed like they just filmed the first idea that came out of their heads

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m assuming you’re watching the more recent US version that was on Prime, as I wouldn’t imagine you as one for watching Sky’s Original Drama output.

I'll take that as a compliment, I think, but no, it's the original.

41 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'll take that as a compliment, I think, but no, it's the original.

Fair enough. I watched the original because it had Simm & Glenister in it and I really enjoyed Life on Mars. 
I can’t remember a whole lot about it if I’m totally honest, so it might be worth revisiting.

And I wasn’t intending my original comment as a compliment or a cheap-shot (sorry if it came across that way), I just seem to remember you mentioning thinking that Sky’s Drama output was a bit shit so stirred clear of them. I could be confusing you with someone entirely though, so apologies for that.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I just seem to remember you mentioning thinking that Sky’s Drama output was a bit shit so stirred clear of them. I could be confusing you with someone entirely though, so apologies for that.

I don't think I've ever watched any Sky series but I always assume they will be shit. Always liked the look of this though, probably because of the cast.

11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Dream Team, motherfuckers, Dream Team. 

I remember being spellbound by the football clips at the time but I imagine the purple shirts just look animated like the comic bits in the Take On Me video now