Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 15, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted December 15, 2020 I assume the 00s and 10s editions will be about 6 minutes long each. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 15, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2020 The 00s one should just be @Astro Hollywood talking about Big Brother. Quote
Perry Posted December 15, 2020 Posted December 15, 2020 4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: Yeah. Fuck those Talking head shit shows. They’re all scripted anyway so better to watch the thing they’re pretending to have watched. They were fine until Channel 5 went overboard with the format Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 15, 2020 Posted December 15, 2020 No, they’ve always been bollocks. They just Echo what producers want them to say. Flush them all down the Armatige Shanks I say! Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 16, 2020 Talking head shows kept the heating on for Rowland Rivron in the early to mid 2000s. He must’ve been desperate to get on one of these decade specials that’s on over Christmas. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted December 16, 2020 Moderators Posted December 16, 2020 I think Stuart Maconie must have been on telly appearing on one every Saturday night for about 3 years in the early 00s. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 16, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted December 16, 2020 Finished Fringe yesterday and I'll really miss watching it. Improved a lot as it went on and the last series was a nice departure away from 'monster of the week' stuff. Really under-appreciated series. Whizzed through I'm Alan Partridge as I'd never watched it from start to finish before, goes without saying how good it is. Nearly finished with Seinfeld again and I'm surprised at how much better series 9 was than I remembered. Nearly finished with series 6 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Still consistently great with no real downturns, the Suicide Squad episode was magnificent. Decided to start The Capture and the first episode was pretty good with the odd unwelcome cliche, but the cast is superb and it should be worth sticking with. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted December 16, 2020 Posted December 16, 2020 22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Decided to start The Capture and the first episode was pretty good with the odd unwelcome cliche, but the cast is superb and it should be worth sticking with. I enjoyed it but as with a lot of BBC dramas, it gets a bit silly towards the end. Worth sticking with and watching though. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 16, 2020 Posted December 16, 2020 Currently using a free six month Britbox subscription from BT to catch up on some stuff I really should've watched before, or haven't in a while. Ghosts - one of the funnier shows I've seen recently, plus Charlotte Ritchie is definitely someone I'd spy on if I was dead. Back To Life - my Daisy Haggard love continues. She's incredibly versatile and this one had a lot of heart. I assume there's a second series but I haven't seen it anywhere. Avengers - the TV series obviously. Tony Stark isn't turning up on Britbox. Not sure I'll get too far with this as I'm not loving it but we'll see. Prisoner - haven't seen it all the way through in years. Still as batshit crazy as I remember. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 16, 2020 Daisy Haggard is great, which reminds me I have to get round to watching the final series of Episodes. I trotted through Porridge on iPlayer, including the movie. Then I found Going Straight on YouTube. Britbox looks so tempting for all that classic Doctor Who, and the Gerry Anderson stuff for starters. Quote
Just Some Guy Posted December 16, 2020 Posted December 16, 2020 A second series of Back to Life was commissioned but hasn't been broadcast yet. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 16, 2020 Posted December 16, 2020 2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said: A second series of Back to Life was commissioned but hasn't been broadcast yet. Aha, thanks for that. Something to look forward to then. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 17, 2020 Posted December 17, 2020 Without meaning to sound like the awful Peter Kay, does anyone remember a black magazine show that was on in the early to mid 90s? The host was a comedian who acted and was dressed like an old guy. There was a dating segment on there too where they’d call out audience members names to take part and a hype guy would go into the audience to get them while giving them a hip hop type name. For instance a Carl McCoy would be called and he’d be all like “Yo I’m looking for Da Real McCoy, get yoself down here” Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted December 17, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2020 Yes. Can’t remember the name, but I think it was on BBC2 like the show for the gay community they had on around the same time that was highly complained about due to, well, gays. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.