Members SuperBacon Posted December 17, 2020 Members Posted December 17, 2020 1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said: It was “The A Force” and Roy Diamond was the host. I can sleep now (lol j/k like my mind will let me sleep) Something I cant remember seeing, but referenced here as well in that article I mentioned: http://thebritishblacklist.co.uk/black-to-the-90s-a-decade-of-british-black-comedy/ Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 22, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 On 12/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, wordsfromlee said: I enjoyed it but as with a lot of BBC dramas, it gets a bit silly towards the end. Worth sticking with and watching though. Yep, pretty much it. Great cast though, and Callum Turner is superb. Holliday Grainger isn't strong enough in the lead though. Started Battlestar Galactica today and found somewhere to watch King of the Hill, so they'll keep me busy for a while. Also going to plough through Parks and Recreation as I only made it to series 4 first time round. Might give Alice in Borderland a shot on Neflix too, anyone watched it? Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted December 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 I'm tempted to rewatch Parks and Recreation, but I will skip the first series if I do, it's crap. We just embarked on Arrested Development again as it's been a few years, might skip the the last two series of the that to be honest, but we'll see how we go. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 Watched the last series of Episodes over the last couple of nights. 7 is an unusual number of episode for a series, and it feels awfully predictable in places. I don't know whether the BBC were as involved in the last series as they were the other 4 as it feels different. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted December 22, 2020 Moderators Posted December 22, 2020 31 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: found somewhere to watch King of the Hill, Oooooh, where? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted December 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 1 hour ago, PowerButchi said: Oooooh, where? Yeah, share the wealth please! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 22, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 https://www1.cartooncrazy.net/cartoon/king-of-the-hill/ Can't vouch for how reliable it is or how many popups are on it but it worked alright when I watched the pilot last night. Quote
Paid Members Maverick Posted December 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 King of the Hill is superb. You are in for a treat if you've never seen it before. First six or so seasons are among my favourite tv of all time. Goes downhill quite badly towards the end. Great characters and great heart, really stands out as a non wacky adult animated show. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 5 hours ago, gmoney said: I'm tempted to rewatch Parks and Recreation, but I will skip the first series if I do, it's crap. We just embarked on Arrested Development again as it's been a few years, might skip the the last two series of the that to be honest, but we'll see how we go. I don't even really consider seasons 4 and 5 as proper Arrested Development to be honest. Season 4 has some funny moments but overall the plot makes very little sense and goes nowhere. Season 5 is just absolutely terrible and shit in every respect. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted December 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 Couldn't finish S4 at the time, but that was before they "remixed" it. Willing to give it another try, but the magic (or illusion) was definitely gone by then. According to Netflix I watched 3 eps of S5, but I have no recollection of that at all. Quote
Paid Members Murtz Posted December 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2020 2 hours ago, Maverick said: King of the Hill is superb. You are in for a treat if you've never seen it before. First six or so seasons are among my favourite tv of all time. Goes downhill quite badly towards the end. Great characters and great heart, really stands out as a non wacky adult animated show. I used to love Family Guy but feel like I've outgrown it now. The jokes are just not as funny anymore. Might be because I'm older or they've just become worse. Is King of the Hill worth a punt? Quote
Merzbow Posted December 22, 2020 Posted December 22, 2020 King of The Hill is nothing like Family Guy, they couldn't be further apart and I'd 100% say give it a go. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted December 22, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted December 22, 2020 5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said: Watched the last series of Episodes over the last couple of nights. 7 is an unusual number of episode for a series, and it feels awfully predictable in places. I don't know whether the BBC were as involved in the last series as they were the other 4 as it feels different. Yeah, I found the last series a bit odd in its pacing. Still really funny in parts, but it was like they'd had it commissioned then the the air date was brought forward so they rushed it all without much creativity - the last episode especially. Still, it's a fantastic show throughout with some genuine belly laugh moments. John Pankow plays the unlikeable dickhead brilliantly in Merc, and Carol is one of my favourite sitcom characters in recent memory. She steals every scene. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 22, 2020 Posted December 22, 2020 King of the Hill is a series that is animated as opposed to an animated series. It could easily exist as live action but thankfully doesn’t. It’s one of the absolute greats. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.