• Paid Members

Just watched the Fresh Prince Reunion special on BBC iplayer. Lovely trip down memory lane as it's been a while and I was big fan back in the day. It was really lovely seeing them talk about production and particularly James Avery.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s a shame Alistair Green hasn’t been a contestant, I had a proper good joke about them not always using comedians.

First time Alistair Green and good joke have been used in the same sentence.

6 minutes ago, DEF said:

Just watched the Fresh Prince Reunion special on BBC iplayer. Lovely trip down memory lane as it's been a while and I was big fan back in the day. It was really lovely seeing them talk about production and particularly James Avery.

I watched this a while back and really enjoyed it. Still think they did "original Aunt Viv" dirty though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Rylan surpassed my expectations and was one of the best contestants so far. 

He was brilliant. Those fucking Sinch ads make me forget that he's actually very entertaining. Shirley Ballas was a lunatic as well. A very good lineup overall. 

I do love a good BBC drama so started watching The Serpent. Not sure if it was just me being tired but fuck me the time jumps are confusing. No idea where it was half the time.

Decent story and cast but yeah I was struggling to follow it. Think the whole lot is on iPlayer so will have to see if they keep messing around like that. I think there's a decent show in there somewhere just bogged down in bad writing decisions.

• Paid Members

Finally watched "The Night Of", which came out in 2016. It stars Riz Ahmed and is really well done.

I especially enjoyed the journey Riz's character went on, from fresh-faced innocent young man to what he became by the end of the show. I also think the trial ended in the most satisfying way it could've - I don't think any other solution would've worked as well.

24 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Finally watched "The Night Of", which came out in 2016. It stars Riz Ahmed and is really well done.

I especially enjoyed the journey Riz's character went on, from fresh-faced innocent young man to what he became by the end of the show. I also think the trial ended in the most satisfying way it could've - I don't think any other solution would've worked as well.

I enjoyed the British version back when I saw it and heard this was one of the better remakes that US TV have done. I've been meaning to check it out for a while now.

• Awards Moderator
On 12/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, wordsfromlee said:

After Watching Back to The 80's, I've been watching the 90's, 00's and 10's ones while grazing on left over cocktail sausage rolls and cheese throughout the day. I've noticed that many of the people doing the talking heads have earpieces in, presumably being fed lines and info about the show they've never watched before.

Dave Gorman did a wonderful bit on this. 

The 'punchline' starts at 34m ish but you need to have seen the first segment to get the setup. Tellingly, Paul Ross appears. 

On 1/3/2021 at 9:56 AM, Nexus said:

I enjoyed it, anything that gives John Turturro meaningful work is alright by me. I thought they might have followed it up but I’m glad they never. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Started I May Destroy You a few days ago and largely enjoying it although it is bordering on collapsing into Drug Bore territory at points.

Battlestar Galactica took some time to get going but I've got into the swing of it now. Mary McDonnell is a treasure. Gaius Baltar is a terrible character badly acted though, so I hope he goes more interesting places soon.

Continuing my plough through the series of Parks and Recreation that I've seen. Yeah, that first series isn't the best but Hunting Trip is an amazing episode and it really picks up after that. They really buried Paul Schneider though, huh.

Enjoying finally watching King of the Hill in order rather than the past of seeing the odd episode here, there and everywhere. Discovered I can do a great Boomhauer impression. No you can't hear it.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Watched the latest season of Big Mouth. It was fine. I thought they could've done more with Missy after they made the correct decision to actually cast a black actress as her, but her story felt kinda lacking as the season went on. 

Watched Devs. I knew people had panned the ending a bit, and I agreed that the ending wasn't great, and it was convoluted at points, but it was a decent enough watch. 

Edited by Nexus

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Raised By Wolves - I had it all recorded but never really felt in the mood to watch it until last night. Gave the first episode a go. Jeez, I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. Absolutely crazy first episode and I'm definitely intrigued.

First episode is incredible. Every other episode is pretty meh after that sadly.