Finished The Office (US version.) and I can't believe how stupid I've been to never give it a go until now. I'll put it down to hating the UK version as to why its been avoided for years. 

Solid show all the way through, always a line/scene/moment in every episode and no doubt a good few episodes in each season will need a go over to pick up bits/jokes. I will throughly enjoy that. 

S8 and early S9 weren't as strong as the rest but the finale episodes tied it in a neat bow, sweet and simple. 

Only letdowns were Gabe and a non ending to Todd Packer. 

I binged all three series’ of This Country last week.

I liked the first series but it didn’t hook me completely, then by the end of the second series I was captivated. The relationship between Kerry & her Dad was played out so well that the cliffhanger ending to that series was amazing.

I felt like the special episode between the second & third series’ ended the story perfectly.
I preferred that ending to both Kerry & Kurtan’s stories than how they finished Series 3, but that final series did have plenty of really good moments and was still very good.

Paul Chahidi was by far the most realistic portrayal of a vicar I have ever seen in any comedy.

When I was a kid, they were all stuffy old men talking down to their fearful congregations.

More recently they are mostly full of jokes and desperately looking for love like in Vicar Of Dibley & Fleabag for example.

This guy was perfect.

1 hour ago, dopper said:

Paul Chahidi was by far the most realistic portrayal of a vicar I have ever seen in any comedy.

When I was a kid, they were all stuffy old men talking down to their fearful congregations.

More recently they are mostly full of jokes and desperately looking for love like in Vicar Of Dibley & Fleabag for example

Stares in catholic. 

17 hours ago, Rule One said:

Finished The Office (US version.) and I can't believe how stupid I've been to never give it a go until now. I'll put it down to hating the UK version as to why its been avoided for years. 

Solid show all the way through, always a line/scene/moment in every episode and no doubt a good few episodes in each season will need a go over to pick up bits/jokes. I will throughly enjoy that. 

S8 and early S9 weren't as strong as the rest but the finale episodes tied it in a neat bow, sweet and simple. 

Only letdowns were Gabe and a non ending to Todd Packer. 

I’m nearly on to series 5 and I’m absolutely dreading the eventual departure of Michael. He’s an offensive ignorant buffoon but he’s got so much heart and they give him the odd moment of self awareness that makes him just relatable enough. My favourite thing about him is how much he hates Toby though. Anyone who has ever worked with a manager who doesn’t have a good relationship with their HR person has seen this and it’s always because the manager hates that they don’t have the authority over HR that they do everyone else.

As much as I love Michael though Dwight is the star. What a great character he is, Jim and Pam basically bully him and he always rises above it and the odd smile that creeps through shows that he loves it all. Ryan was always a wanker and his ascension is one I’ve seen time and time again in real life work places. I quite like how it has became more like a traditional sitcom as it let’s other characters show a bit more like Creed who is almost anonymous in the first two series and really shines as the show has gone on.

Edited by Mr_Danger

25 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

My favourite thing about him is how much he hates Toby though. 

I hated Toby so much from the first moment he appears. His face, the way he talks, the way he moves.

And he does NOTHING wrong. 

Thats how well they write him, and the performance is spot on.

• Awards Moderator

We've blasted through Ted Lasso this week and it was a joy from start to finish. It wasn't a show I had much interest in, but I kept reading and hearing so many positive reactions I thought we'd give it a go. So pleased we did - it's positive and optimistic, heartwarming and heartbreaking, and if like me, you have no interest in football, it's not really about football, but by the end, might make you care about fictional football. Jason Sudeikis and Juno Temple are both great in it too, Sudeikis especially. If you've got Apple TV at the moment it's well worth your time.

I’m certain the less you know/like about football the more you’ll like Ted Lasso. It’s all those things you’ve said but my brain wouldn’t let me ignore that they were doing the football bits so wrong. Ultimately it doesn’t matter because the football aspect is irrelevant and it’s just the platform for the fish out of water setting. I’ve said it before but for a man married to Olivia Wilde there’s no way Jason Sudekis should be so damn likeable.

• Paid Members

Gave up on Battlestar Galactica. It's alright but not good enough to invest any more time in it and I binned it near the end of the second series. The whole frak thing is fucking stupid as well.

American Vandal is superb though, just finished the first series of that. Amazing how they managed to make it so genuinely thrilling and emotional towards its end too.

King of the Hill and Parks and Recreation continue to be consistently funny, as expected.

I'm going to try Orphan Black next.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Have you seen Documentary Now! Devon? Every ep is a parody of a famous doc or doc style, with Bill Hader and Fred Armison. John Mulaney is a writer on it. I've only seen the first series, but it was brilliant. It's on Amazon Prime.

Like Chest, never heard of it but I'll put it on my list, Bill Hader is great. Cheers!

• Paid Members

After somebody posted that clip from Still Game on here a while back I started cracking through that (Albeit on Netflix). A few of the episodes seem to be out of sequence, but I'm enjoying it. Some good jokes, but some really poignant emotional bits as well.